+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arena or Open world pvp?

Telaran

Default Arena or Open world pvp?

Is this game going to be based around Arenas or are alot of people actually going to do Open world pvp on pvp servers?

Imo WoW was ruined with BC making it totally arena based pvp.

I like fighting in the wilderness and finding someone who is pvming and just slaughtering them

I just pre orderd the Collectors Edition and I hope the world PvP will be good
    WoW , DAoC , Darkfall, and still currently playing UO becuase it's the only game that takes skill to kill someone still!

Will Rift answer my prayers?

Rift Master

Instanced PVP, which Rift has, undermines the idea of world PVP. When players can press a button and instantly get objective based PVP and more PVP rewards, they are going to do that. I'm hopeful they'll add more world objectives that make for meaningful world PVP, but they have an uphill battle going forward because they already have instanced PVP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zooks View Post
    Instanced PVP, which Rift has, undermines the idea of world PVP. When players can press a button and instantly get objective based PVP and more PVP rewards, they are going to do that. I'm hopeful they'll add more world objectives that make for meaningful world PVP, but they have an uphill battle going forward because they already have instanced PVP.
    Alrighty, I was also thinking of going a NB/RS for pvp would that be a good combo to roll?
    WoW , DAoC , Darkfall, and still currently playing UO becuase it's the only game that takes skill to kill someone still!

Will Rift answer my prayers?

+ Reply to Thread