+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally- Impassable Guard?

Soulwalker

Default Pally- Impassable Guard?

Anyone know about this ability? When i use it am I still able to use attacks? Will i still hold agro while this is running? does it include spell dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Dysan View Post
    Anyone know about this ability? When i use it am I still able to use attacks? Will i still hold agro while this is running? does it include spell dmg?
    I see a lot of people skipping this talent in their builds and I don't understand why. Seems like an amazing tanking cooldown to me.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attack while it's up, or why it would cause you to lose aggro. It's like not a WoW pally bubble. It just causes you to block all incoming attacks.

Since magic damage cannot generally be blocked, dodged or parried, I'm guessing it only works on physical attacks. Still doesn't make it anything short of an amazing cooldown, especially against fast hitting raid bosses, or physical bosses with a soft enrage.

magic damage can be blocked, not parried and dodged however.

Soulwalker

I was thinking the same thing, it would be an amazing tank ability. However If it is to good to be true my 6 points could be better used else where.

Quote Originally Posted by kowlier View Post
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. So a block tank is going to have an advantage over a dodge tank when it comes to dealing with magic damage... good to know. Probably why Riftstalkers get so many immunity cooldowns.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kowlier View Post
    blocked? with a physical shield? not according to the block stat o.O increases chance to block physical attacks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDain View Post
    blocked? with a physical shield? not according to the block stat o.O increases chance to block physical attacks
    That's what I would have thought from playing previous MMO's, but ya never know. Now I'm an angel on the sidelines, baffled and confused...
    Last edited by Throatpunch; 02-23-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Soulwalker

The reason many players skip it, in my opinion, is the fact that you actually only need around 32-34 points in Pally to be effective and many tanks use the rest in VK or Reaver. Basically, while it is a nice ability, it's more of an emergency skill and the advantage of putting 10 or so points in another tree outweigh its usefulness.

Rift Disciple

People just don't want to spend that many points in paly to get it, over the things they pick up in other souls.

+ Reply to Thread