+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dark Paladin

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default Dark Paladin

    This is a max-level build for raids/instances and used for tanking primarily with aoe/dot dps

    Someone intelligent give it a look over and tell me if you think its as viable as i do.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zbz.xuqzzhkVfo

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I also have another i'm working on that is pure tank with self heals and party protection mixed with some buffs and such from warlord, and i will have that posted in a bit

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0V.EgRussisdrz

  4. #4
    Telaran Araemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimWhitehead View Post
    This is a max-level build for raids/instances and used for tanking primarily with aoe/dot dps

    Someone intelligent give it a look over and tell me if you think its as viable as i do.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zbz.xuqzzhkVfo

    Thanks
    I would lose the point in Martial Shield from the Paladin tree, you'll generate MORE than enough points from other areas, also lose the point in Shadow of Dread from the Reaver tree, you're not a mage who needs to send stuff running to survive.

    Take those 2 points and put them into Powerful Countenance in the Warlord tree, the armor bump is nice, but more importantly, you'll get the finisher Spotter's Order. Trust me when I say, at higher levels, with a good group, this makes things melt, between your dots, a mage and ranger dots, and all the attacks, you can annihilate creatures. Even when soloing, I try to keep this up as often as possible, the damage output from it is amazing!

    Your second build , ehhh, not so much, using the VK is kind of a waste if you don't advance the tree for the debuffs and such.

    Here is what I plan on running for my tank - My Build
    Last edited by Araemus; 02-23-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: comment on second build & added tank build

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    You don't need sinister intent... Just AoE DoT everything and they will never get away from you.
    You don't need Aggressive Guardian either.

    Power from the masses, I put one point but it's just luxury. You don't need help fighting against masses, you need help fighting against lone hard-hitters.
    Grisly Works, same as above.
    Shadows of Dread, most likely not needed but it might be nice to have once in a while.
    Imbued Armor, for 5 points, I think it returns too little.

    I would add points in Planar Attunement and Entropic Embrace, because normally your AoE lifeleeching DoT should always be pulsing.

    I imagine that there is no reason to have Shield of the Hero.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker TJ74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default

    may i ask you both to give this a lookover too please?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....ExMhc0Vcz.x0V

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I for one can't really help with this one, because I've only been a reaver primary, which means my AoE DoTs changed everything...

  8. #8
    Telaran Araemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    I imagine that there is no reason to have Shield of the Hero.
    I would rather have Shield of the Hero over Shield of the Chosen as a tank, I can always supplement armor, but if I'm depending on hits to also keep me healthy, I'll take hits over armor buff every day!


    Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    may i ask you both to give this a lookover too please?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....ExMhc0Vcz.x0V
    I lean heavily on the Reaver side also as a tank, too many things to keep me alive and do massive damage. As for the Warlord side, I'm sure it has it's good points, but the only thing I use is Spotter's Order from my Warlord tree. I didn't choose a tank to be a buffer, and that's what I feel the Warlord is.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Araemus View Post
    I didn't choose a tank to be a buffer, and that's what I feel the Warlord is.
    Warlord is more of a soul to use if you are going to be a designated off-tank for raids..the debuffs, although ok, aren't great. The buffs that you get from spending a small amount of points into it again, are ok, but not great. About the only thing it has going for it is the increase to block after spending an initial five points into it.

    I typically stick with Reaver/Paladin and the other well..right now it's kind of moot until things balance out a little more.

    I have to somewhat disagree with one of the previous posters about not getting Sinister Intent. Even though your DoTs will typically be hitting, in raid situations where mobs will most likely have higher resists, you won't be getting quite as many hits as you would with normal elites. The extra bonus can definitely help out in those situations. Not to mention the fact that in situations where you get a straggler off running at the cleric because for some reason threat got out of whack, grim lure isn't a guarantee. I'm not a large-brained number cruncher, so I can't give you hard evidence, but from my experience playing Reaver Sinister Intent has always helped.

    Brood
    Reaver/Paladin
    Faeblight

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visca View Post
    You don't need sinister intent... Just AoE DoT everything and they will never get away from you.
    You don't need Aggressive Guardian either.

    Power from the masses, I put one point but it's just luxury. You don't need help fighting against masses, you need help fighting against lone hard-hitters.
    Grisly Works, same as above.
    Shadows of Dread, most likely not needed but it might be nice to have once in a while.
    Imbued Armor, for 5 points, I think it returns too little.

    I would add points in Planar Attunement and Entropic Embrace, because normally your AoE lifeleeching DoT should always be pulsing.

    I imagine that there is no reason to have Shield of the Hero.
    I agree with this guy

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts