+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior or Mage

Shadowlander

Default Warrior or Mage

I wasn't going to post this, but I figured people may be looking for something to pass the time with today.

As of last Friday I had made up my mind, I was playing a Warrior.

Its now the day before launch and I am wondering if I should just throw caution to the wind and play my 2nd choice... a mage.

So if you are looking to waste some time, I would love to hear your opinions on this matter.

For reference my builds would be as follows:

Warrior: tank)Reaver/Void Knight/Pally dps)Beastmaster/Riftblade/Champion
    Mage: dps)Warlock/Necro support)Archon/Dominator/Chloro

Shadowlander

52 views and no opinions? Slackers =)

Soulwalker

Whichever one you think you will have the most fun with/

I'm struggling with the same question. I'll probably play a Mage as that's my favorite role in MMOs. However, I've heard a lot of complaining about Mage DPS and I don't have enough direct experience in the Beta to tell if that's just whining or a legitimate problem. Also, if it is a real problem, what's the chance mages will be buffed by Trion before I get to level 50.

I don't want to play a cleric as they'll always be [incorrecly] thought of as a healing class. If they get their DPS nerfed, that's what they'll have to play - I've seen that in other games. Rogues are interesting, but I suspect they'll get nerfed early and often as they appear to be the FOTM. Also, I couldn't care less about PvP. I'm all PvE. Write that up to my early gaming being pencil and paper RPGs, not video games.

If I stick with Mage it'll be Necro/Warlock/TBD.
    If I go Warrior, I'll probably level with a Champion/Riftblade/Paragon, moving to mostly Paragon in the 20s. I'd take a 2nd role as a tank of some sort for dungeons.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Mage. Better to have fun and worry about DPS later.

Soulwalker

I tried a Elementalist/Dominator combo during the beta with good results (the third I put no points). I was surpized how easy it was to solo PVE content as long as I didn't pull more than two mobs. Rifting was fairly easy because I could tab/blast/tab/blast from the perimeter.

PVP, I can't say because I didn't do much of that.

Plane Walker

riftblade. you get to play both at once minus chloro healing.

+ Reply to Thread