+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet comparisons?

Rift Disciple

Default Pet comparisons?

Has anyone done any comparisons with how well necro, ranger, elementalists tank pets fare in PvE fights?

Shadowlander

Well im not sure about the others, but I know the razorbeast from the ranger was a nice pet to have for PvE. It had a large threat and could take a beating before going down, and thats even before you started healing it.

Elementalist pet is the best tank, I found. The first necro pet is more of a DPSer. You need to put some points into the soul to get the tank pet, which I consider to be the worst of them all.
    The greater versions of the elementalist and ranger pets are even better.

All the tank pets can hold aggro pretty well. I just found the necro pet to be the squishiest.
    Last edited by Faolon; 02-23-2011 at 07:33 AM.

The Necro pet will do the most. Only reason for this, is cause the necro can spend time debuffing the targeting to make the pet do more dmg. The necro has a lot of skill synergy with its pet.

However, the time spent debuffing your targeting. The player is losing out on DPS. So the dmg gained from the pet and lost from the player. Should balance for the most part.

If you wana look at flat dmg from pet to pet. The "DPS" pets should be close to the same. The tank pets should also be close to each other. Learn what pets are the dps, support, and tank. That should answer a lot of what they can do right there.

I leveled a Necro to 29 and a Cleric to 31. I felt the Satyr pet did a little more skill dmg then the Necro Rogue pet. Yet the Necro Rogue did more white dmg. I think that was mostly just 2hander vs dual wield. Once fully debuffed I think the necro one did more. Still the Satyr did well on its own and gives a group Attk-Power buff of 15%. I've not seen the Ranger Blood Raptor. Though I would guess for a 31 point pet, it does good dmg in comparison.

+ Reply to Thread