+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did the racials change any for launch?

Rift Disciple

Default Did the racials change any for launch?

title asks the question....

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Soldack View Post
    title asks the question....
    As I understand it the +10 <Stat> Racials have been removed. This is a good thing as no matter how trivial +10 was it enough to drive almost all Guardian Rogues to Mathosian, all Defiant Warriors to the giants etc.
    Too devisive and now gone.
    Last edited by Intruder313; 02-23-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Rift Chaser

Nice, it's probably for the best.

Rift Chaser

that wont prevent the fact that most rogues will go mathosian or eth due to the speed bonus racial that can be applied in stealth...

Rift Disciple

definately for the best...i play defiant and considered the Eth racial the best by far...i just couldnt bring myself to having +10 intel on a warrior

my rogue will be kelari cause their purple skin color, my mage will be eth, i feel a mage needs the boost more than a rogue... also my warrior will be the giant since they look like warriors lol.

Rift Chaser

Well, I wish we had the option to select one of the three racials then. I mean, I know I would be rolling bahmi simply because of the 15 sec cd jump. I mean, why would I take the wolf one? The 70% sprint is fun for 15 secs, but 2 mins cd isnt that nice compared to the bahmi one. At least, for a warrior that is

If only they added a more normal haircut for bahmi (one without all those weird huge rasta haircuts or dreadlocks or with lots of decorations..) I would love it more. Now it is just either eth or bahmi... looks vs supergood racial for warrior.

Plane Touched

we'lll find out when we see launch patch notes
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

This is a good thing, since Defiant got the leap and Str on the same race while Guardians got the leap with wisdom.

Being able to leap into combat is huge, and will save warriors a charge.

I just hope they change the useless dwarf racial. Every other race in the game has some sort of out of combat travel thing. While dwarves can jump off cliffs more effectively.

Personally I will be going High Elf with my Rogue I just love Angelic Flight and that seems way more useful overall to me than a speed buff every 2 mins.
    Last edited by Vishana; 02-23-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Seriously, I would pick the falling damage reduction over the kelari's racial. The kelari's racial is -completely- useless if you're a assassin. Too bad I totally wanna play kelari :<

Quote Originally Posted by Xaliea View Post
    Seriously, I would pick the falling damage reduction over the kelari's racial. The kelari's racial is -completely- useless if you're a assassin. Too bad I totally wanna play kelari :<
    BTW, jumping off a bridge and then flying before you the hit the ground does NOT save you from damage....

Quote Originally Posted by Jyyn View Post
    I just hope they change the useless dwarf racial. Every other race in the game has some sort of out of combat travel thing. While dwarves can jump off cliffs more effectively.
    Actually, every other race doesn't have an out of combat travel - unless they switched all the racials with the last beta. For example, Kelari had some fox form that was either pointless or bugged. I like the dwarf racial - I fall off cliffs all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Rift Chaser

I dont know if this has been mentioned but for the most part the actives were removed too.
    I mean like run speed stuff.
    So both passive and actives were removed.

They said removed for instances or something to that effect. I dont know if this includes warfronts or not.

The main reason to use the Malth run buff (as an example) was in Black garden and between pulls in dungeons or after a wipe in a dungeon.

+ Reply to Thread