+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can the other classes do (especially warriors) to protect Healers?

Default What can the other classes do (especially warriors) to protect Healers?

Soon we will be fighting side by side against a opposing PVP foe, my task will be to keep you alive; my question is what can you do to best help me be able to do that?

I have not played a Warrior, Rogue or even my Chloromancer (only mage) to high level so I don't know what other callings can do. Please enlighten me on what your calling can do to protect your healers in PVP.

I realize that we have many different types of healers, just as we have many different types of Tanks and DPS; but we all have one thing in common... we can't heal well when we are dead.

So I am just curious what skills other classes have that can help other team members survive. No, killing them before they kill me is not really what I am looking for...

Let me give a example of total fail... I played Aion and WoW and in both cases the Tanks are virtually useless since there is no aggro in PVP. Most could do nothing but watch me die as they stand in armor well protected until they get zerged. They are well protected but they cannot "tank" opposing players.
    Last edited by Delphya; 02-22-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

1. Champion 31pt talent is a 5sec stun, perfect peel for your healer;
    2. VK can dispel / spell reflect for healer;
    3. Snare in general as a peel;
    4. Some of the Mage souls have dispel as well;
    5. Healer PvP tree has an array of "oh $hit" abilities such as detaunt, immune to CC, interrupted spell becoming instant cast etc.

Soulwalker

Warriors get an ability called Guard for 5 points in Vindicator, the Warrior PvP Soul, that intercepts 1/4 of the damage a target does. That should help at least a bit.

Clerics also get a similar ability for themselves called Detaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Brota View Post
    1. Champion 31pt talent is a 5sec stun, perfect peel for your healer;
    2. VK can dispel / spell reflect for healer;
    3. Snare in general as a peel;
    4. Some of the Mage souls have dispel as well;
    5. Healer PvP tree has an array of "oh $hit" abilities such as detaunt, immune to CC, interrupted spell becoming instant cast etc.
    The only PVP skill I used in from my PVP soul was Breakfree and I don't remember any immunity to CC. It seems I removed all the CC's and a moment later it was like I never used the skill.

*Dumb question removed... *
    Last edited by Delphya; 02-22-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    The only PVP skill I used in from my PVP soul was Breakfree and I don't remember any immunity to CC. It seems I removed all the CC's and a moment later it was like I never used the skill.

*Dumb question removed... *
    Look up the 4 branches in Templar soul. Each have their own advantages. One of them even give an effective 50% MS at the end.

lgw

It largely boils down to:
    1) any CC you can get
    2) burn them down before they burn your healers
    3) kill their healers
    4) some Warriors can get access to damage redirectors

But all in all it highly depends on the composition of your group, their group and how well each of the factions assess the situation correctly. It's kinda a "get more PVP experience" thing.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthfall View Post
    Warriors get an ability called Guard for 5 points in Vindicator, the Warrior PvP Soul, that intercepts 1/4 of the damage a target does. That should help at least a bit.

Clerics also get a similar ability for themselves called Detaunt.
    Also in vindicator - Subdue - 3 points branch, taunt works on players reducing their damage against anyone but warrior by 20/?/? % ( propably 20/40/60% )
    Champion got knockback pretty low in tree - this followed by bull rush should give healer some time. Also aoe fear + root vs. choosen target.
    Warlord have pull ability ( sergeant's order ), and a root.
    Generaly with addition of pvp soul warrior should be pretty capable of defending his squishy team mates. Thats what i love - rift copied many tanks abilities from warhammer - one of few games in which tank spec was usefull in pvp.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    It largely boils down to:
    1) any CC you can get
    2) burn them down before they burn your healers
    3) kill their healers
    4) some Warriors can get access to damage redirectors

But all in all it highly depends on the composition of your group, their group and how well each of the factions assess the situation correctly. It's kinda a "get more PVP experience" thing.
    While everyone is trying to help, this is the best advice so far. Other repliers have it partly right that you need certain skills, you need to know how to play a tank and manage aggro. You need to know that if you lose aggro the healer is probably next up so be aware of where the healer is so you can be ready to intercept that bad monster.

A lot of people who play warriors just mash buttons and are zoomed in so tight they don't see how other part members have situated themelves and people can die while you are trying to find them.

One mor ething, and this is very key, as a warrior you are likely leading the party and not just deciding what to pull. You need to tell the healers how to help you help them. Let them know if they are staying back too far or doing something that is making it hard for you to protect them. I almost solely play healers and while some of us get an attitude because you need us... we need you too and I don't mind if party members let me know if I am making their job more difficult. Any healer that gets upset by constructive criticism and makes you pay for it with substandard healing needs to be booted.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Soulwalker

This has always been one of my pet peeves in MMO's from Everquest 1 on.

What is different about a allowing a tank to make players have to target them via the taunts (if opposing players fail to resist) when you compare it to a player running around in fear because another player feared them? It's all the same thing, a warriors' skill set is balanced taking into consideration their ability to taunt.

If we are to make it fair, then take away transmogrify, fear, snares, well everything that makes me as a player do something I choose not to in PvP. It simply is not right to say we can choose to ignore the in range taunts of a tank.

+ Reply to Thread