+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any reason Champion got this nerfed down?

Default Any reason Champion got this nerfed down?

When I see the leakerz alpha note from 2/17 I wonder why the Champion got toned down so much.
    Was it truly that out of wack?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    When I see the leakerz alpha note from 2/17 I wonder why the Champion got toned down so much.
    Was it truly that out of wack?
    keep in mind that in the last beta 2h specialization was not working, so they were effectivly missing 50% of their damage... so with that fixed the changes do not seem harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    keep in mind that in the last beta 2h specialization was not working, so they were effectivly missing 50% of their damage... so with that fixed the changes do not seem harsh
    ^this

also 15% was a lot other classes only got 10%
    Frenzied Strike, Inescapable Fury: Damage readjusted.<-- said damage readjusted not reduced like it said for other skills (do not know if it was changed into a DoT or what)

proper timing should only affect physical skills or champs will be able to kill full defense paladins to easy
    My Guide on how to use a controller to play Rift. Here
    <Banished>

wait was 2h Specialization actually fixed?

actual they did not mention anything in the notes about fixing it but these are leaked alpha notes and even right now there is still in house/alpha testing going on.
    My Guide on how to use a controller to play Rift. Here
    <Banished>

Shield of Telara

i am betting it is fixed... it wouldn't look good to launch with that big of a screw up in a talent tree... not one as widely reported as that

The thing is, once Champions get the 50% MS on crit and a bit of crit on their gear, coupled with VK or RB soul, they pretty much just dominate everyone else.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Brota View Post
    The thing is, once Champions get the 50% MS on crit and a bit of crit on their gear, coupled with VK or RB soul, they pretty much just dominate everyone else.
    you do know not everything is revolving around PvP right????

You do know that not every soul is going to be equally viable for every situation, right?

Champion is a PvP-oriented soul. All you have to do is look at the abundance of CC and mobility in the tree to know that.

You do know Champion is about the worst Warrior soul for PvE right? So I assumed you asked about PvP.

Shield of Telara

You do know Champion is about the worst Warrior soul for PvE right? So I assumed you asked about PvP.
    good thing you have Greg Street as your avatar... that way everyone already knows you have no idea what you are talking about
    Last edited by Jekyll03; 02-23-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Nevermind, just realized you were talking about PvE, which I didnt have much chance to do on my champ. I did manage to pull aggro off the tanks a few times though.
    Last edited by Magnos; 02-23-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Nevermind, just realized you were talking about PvE, which I didnt have much chance to do on my champ. I did manage to pull aggro off the tanks a few times though.
    yea lol, i was parsing my champion, he had by far the highest dps of any character around my level in every dungeon i was in.

i was doing on average 20-30 dps more than mage or rogue dps.

Shadowlander

Amazing how people are good at generalizing dps on a per calling instead of a per soul... How much use is it for me to know you outdps rogues and mages when you don't tell what build they were using.

Not much glory in outdpsing a support rogue or chloromancing offhealing mage is there ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    Amazing how people are good at generalizing dps on a per calling instead of a per soul... How much use is it for me to know you outdps rogues and mages when you don't tell what build they were using.

Not much glory in outdpsing a support rogue or chloromancing offhealing mage is there ;)
    ^ This. People need to get out of the mindset of callings and be more specific.

Took me telling a guy 3 times before he got it in a dungeon during beta7 the reason my dps was bad as a mage was the fact that I was a chloromancer, and I hadn't picked up a 2nd spec to make a true dps spec yet... The healer loved me tho, i did most of the work (just wasn't confident enough to solo heal yet)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast