+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AoE Leveling/Farming Build

Default AoE Leveling/Farming Build

Okay, here's the scoop...

I played WoW in BC and absolutely loved that with the right set of gear my lock could dot, dot, dot, drop a set of mobs pretty much effortlessly. Affliction was my favorite spec. Good dmg, self heals, no downtime whatsoever.

My question is, how do i replicate that in this game? I already know what build i want to PvE/Raid with and now I just need a build to get me to endgame in a very fun way and stock me with currency in the in-between time.

Anyone know what im talking about when i say 55 Monk?? hint: Guild Wars

I thought maybe a Cabalist/Justicar build...kinda squishy and the heals just weren't there. I wanna cast, blast and get passed a set of mobs and pull more immediately.

So i try Stormcaller/Chloro/Necro/Warlock...OMG Mages go squish!! Thats out...

So far, i am having good luck with a Reaver/Riftblade combo but was wondering what i could do to really get that feeling of "Mage Tanking"

Any help guys? Post me your best AoE smackdown builds PLZ!! Thanks in advance

Shadowlander

warlock, chloro then elementalist/necro

Quote Originally Posted by Lamenterm View Post
    warlock, chloro then elementalist/necro
    I tried this, albeit only to lvl 16 or so, but i just didn't feel i was really kicking arse. maybe 2-3 mobs at the most and even then i died alot! lol

Soulwalker

I think I can narrow it down to two choices...

Option 1 would be an Inquisitor pulling 3 mobs with Vex upgraded with Contempt. Soul Drain when the 3 mobs get close.

Option 2 would be a Warlock pulling with Dark Touch and use Devouring Shadows to build fast charge. Finish up with Mortality, then Reconstruct / Revitalize, and start fresh. Warlock Armor really shines with this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Apaosa View Post
    I think I can narrow it down to two choices...

Option 1 would be an Inquisitor pulling 3 mobs with Vex upgraded with Contempt. Soul Drain when the 3 mobs get close.

Option 2 would be a Warlock pulling with Dark Touch and use Devouring Shadows to build fast charge. Finish up with Mortality, then Reconstruct / Revitalize, and start fresh. Warlock Armor really shines with this also.
    Thanks very much for the input, i like how u even put in some easy to understand rotations in there!
    As i have not played a mage to that level, do you suffer knockback with Devouring Shadows? I know the cabalist didn't have any when using Decay. Does this hold true for the Warlock skill?

+ Reply to Thread