+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanks and the rift leaderboards

Default Tanks and the rift leaderboards

I was just thinking today that as a DPS you will recieve lots of points on the leaderboard during a rift, also as a healer you recieve points, but as far as i know you dont recieve any points for being a meatshield and taking all the aggro?

Im pretty sure that the more points you get, the more loot you get, so are tanks majorly missing out by taking the brunt of it?

Not sure how the contribution is actually counted but by this logic any buff/support type class would also be missing out compared to healers/dps.

Fayth - 50 Cleric | Keerin - 50 Mage | Godrik - 26 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Spangler View Post
    I was just thinking today that as a DPS you will recieve lots of points on the leaderboard during a rift, also as a healer you recieve points, but as far as i know you dont recieve any points for being a meatshield and taking all the aggro?

Im pretty sure that the more points you get, the more loot you get, so are tanks majorly missing out by taking the brunt of it?
    Not sure what calculations go into contribution, but I had a 9 Reaver/Pally that tanked as many rifts as possible during an attack and even tanked the final boss. When it was all done I had gotten 5 blue tokens, but not a purple. I think I maybe hit 5 rifts and the boss in all, so I did pretty well as a tank I'd say. Course, this was at level 9 only and I cannot speak for higher rifts as a tank.

Telaran

It seems to be the more you spam, the more contribution you get. I went to a high level rift and missed alot but got third contribution out of around 10 people. Wierd huh?

I'm not sure myself how it works but my hunny is a tank and I am a healer when we Rift chase. 99.99 % of the time we ( as a team ) dominate the leader board taking the ranks of number 1 and 2. i did notice when I was playing my dps rogue it was alot harder for me to make it into the top 5 on the leaderboard ...maybe I wasn't that good at rogue /shrug.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man canít do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you canít. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so youíll have to square with that some day..

Prophet of Telara

you get contribution from taking hits.

the easiest way that i've built contribution was with justicar. Even though i did minimal damage, and i healed for really little due to me being the target and 2 bubbles on me, i always did good on contribution.

i've specifically noted that if some other tank would get the aggro my contribution would build way more slowly.

Also, as a bard i've witnessed that if i cast my buff before the contribution meter starts running (i.e. just before the mobs spawn) i get 0 contribution for that, but if i cast them after the mobs appear i get contribution.

Rift Disciple

In PVP there is a damage taken field, I'd assume for rift contribution this field would also exist, whether it benefit a tank or overzealous healer/dps.

Shadowlander

I found anything AoE really helped you get to the top. My reaver aoe dots got me higher than on my champion build, and my Stormcaller would dominate (as long as my pet or a tank was alive).
    The rogue may do the most dmg on one or two mobs in a round, but if you do decent on several you'll get higher. This equalizes on the single bosses though.

@OP I don't know, its certainly a good point and I hope they have dmg received in there as a contribution, not just dmg or heals given. They certainly have the mechanic in place (in warfronts) to keep track of it.
    I wouldn't want tanks to lose out at higher levels.
    In a 10-man rift raid a tank wouldn't be able to focus on dps as much as I could on a low level Reaver afterall.

Well it sounds promising! cheers for the responses. I suppose i'll have to keep a close eye on it in two days!

I always managed to get purples and blue as tank. They key for me was always being active. Tanking as many mobs as possible. Tab targetting aoe hitting. I always kept 3+ mobs on me and always pulling them off casters.

Rift Disciple

No. Because rift contributions is done by actions not via dmg/healer done.

I tested on a reaver(was level 25) and just spammed by single target attacks(no AEs dots/cleaves) and did my little basic finishers and had the talent to lower power cost of abilities so I could spam more and was getting blue sourceshards almost every rift. I got to a point I had 13 of the damn things.

Also testing has show you can spam bard songs, 1 debuff, heals on a full health target etc and as long as you don't "lull" in the action, you will get top contribution. I did Looming demise on my necro over and over for a entire rift on mobs(switch to another when it dies) and got top contributions.

If they made it based on healing/dmg done, so many souls would just be left out.I'd say the only advantage anyone has is rogue souls with 1 sec GCDs(barring any energy issues, which happens a lot)

+ Reply to Thread