+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bard = 0 DPS

Default Bard = 0 DPS

Yeah right. Heard that constantly in chat channels

Obviously people are mistaken

Played this build til 42, 8 points spread evenly between ranger and nightblade would be the smartest choice for 42-50 but honestly i couldnt care less

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0oM.iczq0Vszqz

enjoy

begin QQ / nerdrage plz

slight survivability in mind here as well, seasoned pros would see what im talking about

was unstoppable in pvp, necro being the only 1v1 competitor that was able to put up a decent fight.

during parses and java based DPS meters, I was usually head and shoulders above everyone else in dungeon groups, specific tanks and other rogue builds could hold a flame to me, but never saw any mage that could, again necro being the exception here

love u <3

rotation was a simple one, anyone who has played a bard would immediately see what i was using

good luck

god bless

correct url now posted
    Last edited by Azyriel; 02-22-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Shadowlander

Well, for those of us who are not as versed in bard, but interested....what is the best rotation? I'm curious, as bard seems like it has a lot of potential. What have you found to be the best rotation for achieving good dps and survivability?

before a fight throw out all your motifs, to get the resonance

be sure your fully buffed with nightblade weapon enchants, ranger buffs, correct pet, and etc.

at 42 it was easy to do the rotation like this pre-fight of course

stealth dark malady----> (if not able to stealth since fight is already underway, use shadow fire instead, then cadence, blazing strike) ----> cadence blazing strike riff blazing strike (assuming your close range) cadence, power chord, blazing strike, dust strike, cadence, blazing strike and then rinse and repeat using all motifs at this point

another thing to keep in mind is if your far enough away, using the stealth dark malady cadence headshot riff virtuoso and spam coda of wrath while getting into melee range(can be used while running) is almost a garuntee'd one shot combo against players

alot of options with this build

Plane Touched

I tried different approaches to grinding quests on my bard aswell. I found that, pretty much nomatter what, if your specced 13 pts in NB (combo pt generating damage bonus, finisher damage bonus, and non physical damage bonus), the rest in bard, your going to hit hard with codas, your not going to die, ever (unless your having your head bashed in by an elite or two), and other finishers are really not worth it. Stealth didn't seem to be worth it either. Cadence, power chord, coda, spam those and you will win, fast.

Shield of Telara

bards are a support soul not a direct damage dealer... rolling a bard and expecting to do damage like a Marksman is not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    I tried different approaches to grinding quests on my bard aswell. I found that, pretty much nomatter what, if your specced 13 pts in NB (combo pt generating damage bonus, finisher damage bonus, and non physical damage bonus), the rest in bard, your going to hit hard with codas, your not going to die, ever (unless your having your head bashed in by an elite or two), and other finishers are really not worth it. Stealth didn't seem to be worth it either. Cadence, power chord, coda, spam those and you will win, fast.
    yep

match made in heaven

ranger points honestly would only come lvl40+ at least for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    bards are a support soul not a direct damage dealer... rolling a bard and expecting to do damage like a Marksman is not going to happen

your smart

well done

let me delete this post

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Azyriel View Post
    yep

match made in heaven

ranger points honestly would only come lvl40+ at least for me
    The best thing, there is no downtime. Most other classes or calling have SOME form of downtime (even if they have to reconstruct for 2-3 seconds standing still, that is still 2-3 sec downtime), bards have zip downtime. Kill mob, kill next, next, next, next. It doesn't end, and if your mathosian and go with riftstalker, there is no reason to buy the first mount either. I think it will, in fact, just hinder your leveling speed (kill mobs to and back from town).

I played a similar build during beta 7 but took RS instead of ranger.

I only played BETA 7 and did quite a few warfronts, i was always top for group healing ( but that is a given as damage = healing, not like a cleric who can burst heal ) I was always in the top 2 for kills and in the top 3 for killing blows.

I had over 5k kills in warfronts at the end of beta when i was level 32, not sure if that is good or not as it was my first character on rift.

PS i always used "blasing strike" for the finisher when in melee range as it gave 350 damage on same level mobs (400-500 crit) where "coda of wrath" did 300ish (400ish with crit)
    The awesome thing about Bard is how fast you gain combo points, it is easy to be able to comlete 3 finnishers in +/- 10 seconds, this is where you get the extra dps imo.
    Last edited by Arcticred; 02-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.

whats weird is how virtuoso only works if the monster has a full combo stack, i would think it would kind of auto-add it lol

but the way you can literally just spam coda of resto or coda of wrath to either fully heal the entire group during for instance a massive aoe attack during a boss, or choose to burn him down with wrath, especially with attack bonuses you can choose in this build, is just insane.

i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post

PS i always used "blasing strike" for the finisher when in melee range as it gave 350 damage on same level mobs (400-500 crit) where "coda of wrath" did 300ish (400ish with crit)
    The awesome thing about Bard is how fast you gain combo points, it is easy to be able to comlete 3 finnishers in +/- 10 seconds, this is where you get the extra dps imo.
    did you get the 2 talent bonuses for 10% crit chance with blazing strike? just curious

i decided to get the damage bonuses from hellfire blades instead, but just wondering

is my build identical to yours? i really tried to give it a hard detailed look to be basically perfect, wonder if yours was the same since you seem pro lol (srs)

ps i did the same thing as well

and was shocked to read the parse of how much blazing strike was over wrath, even when full 5 points into the damage increase tree
    Last edited by Azyriel; 02-22-2011 at 02:43 PM.

The bard is the only person that can sing so bad, his music actually kills ppl.

Yeah i took the 2 talent points :P

With my build i was pulling another mob before i killed the first, blazing strikes would kill the average same lvl mob in 2 rotations then i was pulling another with cadense for the heal and rinse repeat.

This will 100% be my leveling build on the 24th, just love it.
    Im melee at heart though so even though Bard outperformed my assassin role in warfronts, ill still be rolling one aswell

yeah this build here requires a shifty point in time to go from ranged at the start of the fight into melee with all the combo builders built up (and obviously attack bonuses) into melee range to completely make them look silly

thank god fiery blades and power chord are usable while running right?

fiery blades was my bread and butter til i got to around lvl 30ish, seemed to only use it when closing the distance as said mentioned

did you notice a difference in the 10% tho?

the melted skin literally proc's every single time you auto attack or use a melee skill

its bonkers
    Last edited by Azyriel; 02-22-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyriel View Post
    thank god fiery blades and power chord are usable while running right?
    TBH i didnt do any running while in PvE, i just sat myself in the middle of a field of mobs and blazed away.
    However im presuming u mean in Warfronts where it comes in realy handy.

I had an assassin on me one day who jumped me when he had full health.
    i used cadense>power chord>blasing strike (while strafing)
    Riff>blasing strikes then one more cadense = dead assassin, this combo took literaly 6 seconds from start to finnish. Most people think that bards are easy targets, but if you spec for dps also means you are speccing for healing because dps=healing for bards.
    Last edited by Arcticred; 02-22-2011 at 03:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast