+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support Classes will rule the raids

Soulwalker

Default Support Classes will rule the raids

I don't believe I'm wrong in saying that support classes will be vital in end-game content.

Many already acknowledge the power of a bard in a support role and as a PVP soul. The mechanics of this game encourage support classes, and in fact make them very viable and useful. Many of the abilities of the following souls, could very well mean the difference in completing an encounter or wiping. What are your thoughts?

Chloromancer:

Living Energy -
    The Mage shares the life energy of the flora around them with their allies, reducing the cost of all abilities of party and raid members within 35 meters by 10%. Lasts until cancelled.

Wild Growth -
    Blesses the ground within 15 meters of the Mage, healing up to 10 allies for 575 health over 12 seconds and reduces the movement speed of enemies by 50%. Consumes Charge while active.

Warlord:

Aspect of the Elements -
    Take on the Aspect of the Elements, granting all party or raid members a bonus of 25 to Fire, Earth, Air, and Water resists.

Locked Down -
    The Warrior deals weapon plus Physical damage to up to 8 enemies in range, their presence and tactics force those affected to be rooted in place for up to 8 seconds:
    1 Point: 100% of Weapon plus 41 damage
    2 Points: 120% of Weapon plus 41 damage
    3 Points: 140% of Weapon plus 41 damage

Aid Command -
    Increase the healing ability of all raid and party members by 15%. Affected allies become Triage Weary and cannot benefit from Aid Command again for 5 minutes:
    1 Point: 5 seconds.
    2 Points: 12 seconds.
    3 Points: 20 seconds.

Archon:

Burning Purpose -
    Increases the Mage's melee and casting speed by 10%, and reduces the melee and casting speed of group and raid members within 20 meters by 10%. Lasts 5 minutes.

Flaring Power -
    Increase the Attack Power and Spell Power of all raid and party members by 15% for up to 20 seconds. Consumes Charge while active. Affected allies become Battle Weary and cannot benefit from Call to Arms or Flaring Power again for 5 minutes.

Chloromancers aren't a support soul. They are a main healing soul.

Soulwalker

I would argue that all healers play a support role.

I think the utility of different support classes will be a question of whether their buffs + their contribution to damage/healing outweighs the loss of a pure dps or pure healer.

I would imagine (and ofc we are dealing in whimsy here, since we're a way off from endgame yet) that Trion would like the support classes to by and large be as useful (thus as worthwhile) as pure dps/heals.

Still, I for one am going to wait and see who rules the raids
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-22-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: i was like 'surely from reading the tooltip burning purpose is a group nerf', but hell, i guess it's just ambiguously phrased
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

No Bard? How are Bard's not support and Chloromancers are? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by droenn View Post
    No Bard? How are Bard's not support and Chloromancers are? Makes no sense.
    You totally didn't read the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myollnir View Post
    We don't need your sound logic here buddy, just let me rage from my moms basement ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Skardyn View Post
    You totally didn't read the OP.
    Yeah I skimmed quickly. When people outline posts like this my eyes naturally go to the colons...

Air Command doesnt work on chloromancer's main healing. Since we use life damage not healing to heal our heals are based off of a reactive type of life damage. Chloromancers are the single most powerful single target tank healers in the game. We are considered main healers but we are not that good at healing vs aoe damage. Yes we have flourish but it is on a long CD and a person can easily die during that time. You can suppliment bloom for spot healing but it isn't at the level of a sentinel. We do however have the best mana regen of the souls and callings. Please don't refer to us as a support class unless you add all the other healing souls down as a support class but you are right in the fact that living energy is great and radiant spores are great for (support) skills. So is Destructive growth that makes any mob standing in the aoe to take 10% more damage and it also heals the people in the aoe.

+ Reply to Thread