+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A good not-cleric class for solo leveling?

Default A good not-cleric class for solo leveling?

So I am happy with my warden and will play it with my fiance, but I'm looking for a good solo character of a role other than cleric that is good for mostly solo play. Any suggestions? What's a good soloer? Mage/Rogue/Warrior are all an option.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

ALL of the classes can be set up to be great solo levelers. For all of the classes, you even have a bunch of options for great solo leveling builds.

Plane Touched

Anything with a pet (Ranger, BeastMaster, Necro, Ele)
    Rogue = Bard or Saboteur (once they get the tier 3s)
    Mage = Warlock
    Warrior = Reaver (?)

Plane Walker

Everything can solo in this game. Just pick what you want.

Soulwalker

Warrior:
    As far as solo questing goes, I pick Reaver for questing (Main Reaver, rest points into Paladin for miti and the 100% heal) with a large area of quest mobs. If the mobs are more spread, I go for my Riftblade to make the pulling easier and the Flamespear/Fiery Burst should kill them almost before they reach you.

For Rifts I go Reaver, can solo any minor rift your level, pulling everyone there at the same time. Only problem you may have is killing the 3rd part in time, where you can use a consumable from a rift for extra damage vs. plane creatures.

For soloing group quests (the kiteable ones) I just stay Riftblade, and kite with Flamespear with Freeze Armor active. Made most group quests a cakewalk.

Rogue:
    For rogue Ranger is amazing at solo questing. You can keep the heals on your pet and give your pet the threat and just AoE them all down, pet should stay at approximately 50% health pulling 4-5 mobs.

Also I've found, although somewhat slow, Bard is very good at dispatching groups of mobs. Need to be very careful with your Coda usage though. The 31 pt talent is definitely amazing for those times.

Mage:
    I'd say for Mage, An Elementalist mainly for the tanky pet. You shouldn't really take aggro unless you get loads of lucky crits. Warlock and Necromancers are also very good solo with the lifeleech and the pet.

All from personal experience, played Reaver to 42, and the rest of the classes to about 30. Those are what I had most success with. My favored soul is definitely Reaver.

TL;DR,

Warlock, Necromancer, Ranger, Bard (to an extent), Riftblade, Reaver, Elementalist.
    Last edited by Kunzar; 02-22-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Thankyou Kunzar, you also answered my question.
    Looks like ill be going ranger!
    Live
    Level 43 Guardian Rogue
    <Forsaken Destiny>

Health
    Level 50 Guardian Mage
    <Forsaken Destiny>

www.forsaken-destiny.net

(\_/)
    (-)
    (><)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Plane Touched

Bard is awesome.

Mages, if you specc right are insane aoe grinders. A properly specced mage will most likely obliterate anything, leveling wise. Get a pocket healer aswell and the leveling will be mindblowingly fast.

Marksman/Ranger/Bard

You get Ranged Attacks,Tanking Pet,Buffs from Bard and Healing via Motif of Regeneration.

Now anything past 30 you really need to spec Ranger to the Greater Razorbeast because the mobs hit a lot harder and aggro becomes iffy.The Dire Wolf is good in PvP and Group Instancing but it cannot hold aggro.The Dinosaur at the top of the tier I found to be really really lame..he does very little damage and drops like a prom dress.I submitted feedback about the Dino..hopefully others did as well and he will get a little buffing come Release.

Warrior wise anything with Beastmaster is good..since the changes to your Pet its become more viable before that he couldnt hold aggro.

Now you can also Rogue it up using Bladedancer/Nightblade/Riftstalker..no self healing but good Combat Buffs(Bladedancer),nice Weapon Enchants(Nightblade)and the ability to increase Endurance and defense with Riftstalker.You wont have built in Heals but come release they will be putting in Bandages and a combo of those plus Drinking you should be ok.

Play around with the classes see which you like..personally I took a Rogue to 40 then on a whim rolled up a Cleric.I ended up taking her to 20 and decided Im gonna play one come release..Cabalist/Inquisitor/Shaman was just too much fun.

:Vysceral-High Elf Rogue:
    :Ammwyn(Amwynn)-Mathosian Warrior:

>.>

I think I'm weird.

I ran my rogue as a NB/RS/BD from 1-42 pretty much, though I had an assassin spec to switch to on the fly for stealthing quests and ninjaing objectives. I found bard too slow, and didn't mess with hunters too much. There was downtime, but it wasn't too terrible so long as I carried water.

I ran my mage as Chloro, then loaded her up with an Archon/Chloro/Dom spec. The latter was slower than stormcaller, but had plenty of self-buff, debuff, and healing to take down almost anything my quests demanded of me. (And with transmogrify available to cover my butt, I handled extras decently. Tank two, mez one, profit.) Basically no downtime, something I couldn't say for my cleric, and much better able to handle adds at the same level.

Default Say what you want about mages but...

My Ele/SC/Pyro was excellent for soloing. And like others have said, Slab (My Pet), was awesome @ holding aggro...
    Last edited by lexicondevil; 02-22-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

Class with a pet helps a ton. Tried to run my mage without a pet and struggled. Added elementalist and bingo, no more survivability problems. Although still not as good as warrior or other classes at survivability, without the pet as a mage you will struggle to survive.

Warrior/Cleric both seemed fine when I played as far as soloability. played just past 20 with each calling. Warrior ran Paragon/Riftblade spec that worked pretty well. Cleric was Inquisitor/Cabalist/Sentinel the sentinal with zero points gives a decent heal that helped 80% of the bad situations. I'm sure there were better builds, but those worked fo rme.

Marksman/Ranger seemed to work better for me than Ranger/Marksman. I liked just having the pet there to distract and take aggro, but it was more fun to do the extra MM damage than worry about healing my pet.

Thanks for a lot of good advice guys I'm definitely studying the suggestions. I think I'm leaning towards something magey. The elementalist pets looked really great during the beta. But rogues are cool tool.

Too many options!
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

+ Reply to Thread