+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trion Intended Calling Imbalance.

Shadowlander

Default Trion Intended Calling Imbalance.

Yes, there will be a nut ton of rogues.. Yes, the amount of callings will not be equal.

People need to stop getting all bitter about it and just realize it is part of the game.
    News flash... there arent a bunch of basement dwellers sitting in a forum looking for a FotM.

Trion made this happen.

Tanks= Warriors, Rogues, Clerics
    Healers= Mages, Rogues, Clerics
    Ranged Magic DPS= Mages, Clerics
    Ranged Physical DPS= Rogues
    Melee DPS= Rogues, Warriors, Clerics
    Support Group Buff= Mages, Rogues, Warriors
    Pets= Mages, Rogues, Warriors
    Burst dps = Warrior, Rogues
    Stealth= Rogues

I understand that people are more of a variable than just a "1" in a math problem but for the purposes of this lets eliminate that. We will also assume that the game has perfect balance and every calling is equally good at all of their available roles.

There are 9 Role/Key Ability options listed above. Lets make use a sample group of 102 people giving each Role 12 people; again, just for easy math.

That would mean:

Warriors: 22
    Clerics: 18
    Mages: 18
    Rogues: 50

Again this doesnt take into account a lot of variables... but is it a coincidence that these are numbers that at least mildly coincide with what people see in game? No. A lot of rogues... then warriors... then mages and clerics.

Trion Chose to make this happen. They created the game. They could have done whatever they wanted. They could have given dominators a low level invisibility root ability and warriors a physical ranged dps 'Bombardment' soul or something... Which would have made this ratio and probably in game ratio more like 18/24/28/38. Trion Chose not to do this.

Even in a perfectly balanced world where every one desires all of the main features equally: Trion has set up RIft to have a high rogue population .

It is just how it is.
    --I have been waiting all these years for you to realize your potential.
    ----That's why you and I had friction? God, I always thought it was 'cause I fooled around with your daughter freshman year.
    --Why wou... you fooled around with my daughter?
    ----Whaaaat??

Shadowlander

We don't need your sound logic here buddy, just let me rage from my moms basement ok?

Soulwalker

I kind of hope they go the Diablo 3 route and just say to hell with balance. Fix the obvious broken combos that might crop up and buff up any terribly weak abilities and give every class access to pvp cooldowns either through the pvp souls or somewhere in the normal souls. Let us find the combos that work, if some are weak we have plenty of other options available.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Myollnir View Post
    We don't need your sound logic here buddy, just let me rage from my moms basement ok?
    Okay, fine. Sorry.
    ----That's why you and I had friction? God, I always thought it was 'cause I fooled around with your daughter freshman year.
    ----Whaaaat??

Quote Originally Posted by Aingel View Post
    Pets= Mages, Rogues, Warriors
    HOW DARE YOU FORGET MY DRUID FAIRY PET THAT SHOOTS LIGHTNING BOLTS OUT OF HER BUM SIR! GOOD DAY SIR! i AM THE OUTRAGE!
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

Okay, fine. Sorry.
    LOL ya what is the deal with the sound logic we need to think about rageing everytime something doesn't go our way

Ascendant

more gear for my warrior.

Missing warriors from these

Listing rogues under "healer" is misleading; bards can solo-heal some of the normal instances, but they will not be main healing stuff at level 50.

Also, listing "stealth" seems weird. Why not list "AOE taunt" or "Combat Rez" or "Out of combat Rez" or any of the other things that certain souls can do but others can't? Stealth is not a group role.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Plane Touched

Tanks= Warriors, Rogues, Clerics
    Healers= Mages, Clerics Rogue does not fill the healer role bard is nowhere near a primary healer its group support
    Ranged Magic DPS= Mages, Clerics, Warrior
    Melee DPS= Rogues, Warriors, Clerics
    Support Group Buff= Mages, Rogues, Warriors, Cleric (see shaman)
    Pets= Mages, Rogues, Warriors, Cleric
    Burst dps = Warrior, Rogues, Mage
    Stealth= Rogues
    CC (if we're going to count stealth)= Mage, Rogue
    now you can recalculate.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    HOW DARE YOU FORGET MY DRUID FAIRY PET THAT SHOOTS LIGHTNING BOLTS OUT OF HER BUM SIR! GOOD DAY SIR! i AM THE OUTRAGE!
    Great response imo. That poor creepy looking faerie always gets left out

rogues are ranged magic dps too

but few people know it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post

Missing warriors from these

Listing rogues under "healer" is misleading; bards can solo-heal some of the normal instances, but they will not be main healing stuff at level 50.

Also, listing "stealth" seems weird. Why not list "AOE taunt" or "Combat Rez" or "Out of combat Rez" or any of the other things that certain souls can do but others can't? Stealth is not a group role.

With the questioning of Bard heals and stealth use but not questioning pets being on the list makes me think that you are only thinking of this from a PvE standpoint.

The point of this post though, isn't really to list the abilities of each class. It is to point that Trion chose to set the game up for the population of the callings to be imbalanced.

If you look at the list from the person below your post he has a list of roles with callings that I dont nessisarily agree with but is still completely legitimate... if you break down the ratio on his listit is very close to mine. Which still is proving the original point.

*** I did totally forget about Druid pets haha oops.
    Last edited by Aingel; 02-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    ----Whaaaat??

Quote Originally Posted by Myollnir View Post
    Going in muh sig

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    rogues are ranged magic dps too

but few people know it.
    You broke the first rule!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by droenn View Post
    You broke the first rule!
    dont talk about bard?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast