+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DoT and HoT ticks crit chance independantly evaluated; Sabo/VK should see the same

Rift Disciple

Default DoT and HoT ticks crit chance independantly evaluated; Sabo/VK should see the same

This change for DoTs and HoTs to evaluate their critical chance per tick is exactly the same thing VKs Discharge and Sabo charges should see.

Now Sabo mechanic to apply 5 charges then hit Detonate/Annihilate isn't almost any different than any other class doing 5 attacks + finisher for that matter or some such with sole exception that damage is delayed thus creating a burst effect for what I think the class is all about (no I don't play one).

What changes the outcome is that one single crit evaluation takes place that makes those 5x charge + finisher all come out critical or not.

Be fair and calculate the odds that using 5 spells/abilities + 1 finisher all come out critical in a row are in fact astronomically high. Math wizards something to chew on for yas!

PS. From my last beta event parsings critical chance averages like the following (hundreds of instances + WFs over several thousands of mobs/player kills):
    - mage 30-35%
    - rogues 20-25%
    - warrior 9 - 13% (paragon up to 20%)

Sample rate is nowhere need adequate so plenty of room for error so take with a grain of salt.
    - clerics (sorry someone fill this in far to low sample rates)

Banned

Assuming 20% crit rate @ rogue, purely theoretically with NO modifications to crit rate during the course of 5 attacks, the probability that all 5 will be crits is 0.2^5 = 0.00032 = 0.032%.

This would be an incredibly rare event at 20%. Even at 60% crit it would be a 7% likelihood.

(This assumes just performing 5 attacks and considers the probability of getting crits on all of them, no sliding window sort of analysis.)
    Last edited by jMerliN; 02-22-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StormRift View Post
    This change for DoTs and HoTs to evaluate their critical chance per tick is exactly the same thing VKs Discharge and Sabo charges should see.

Now Sabo mechanic to apply 5 charges then hit Detonate/Annihilate isn't almost any different than any other class doing 5 attacks + finisher for that matter or some such with sole exception that damage is delayed thus creating a burst effect for what I think the class is all about (no I don't play one).

What changes the outcome is that one single crit evaluation takes place that makes those 5x charge + finisher all come out critical or not.

What you are forgetting is you don't just stack 5 of 1 charge. You stack 1 of each charge or a combo of 2x1x1x1 or something similar. When you do this you are not bound to "if 1 crits they all do", you can have 1 set of charges crit, and the others don't.

Each charge type acts independently. Your post only applies if you stack all of 1 charge type, which is just a bad way to play once you get the proper talent.

Also detonate is done separately from the charges ,it can crit and charges not crit, or charges can crit and detonate will not.

A lot of misinformation around here.
    Last edited by Cinge; 02-22-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cinge View Post
    What you are forgetting is you don't just stack 5 of 1 charge. You stack 1 of each charge or a combo of 2x1x1x1 or something similar. When you do this you are not bound to "if 1 crits they all do", you can have 1 set of charges crit, and the others don't.

Each charge type acts independently. Your post only applies if you stack all of 1 charge type, which is just a bad way to play once you get the proper talent.

Also detonate is done separately from the charges ,it can crit and charges not crit, or charges can crit and detonate will not.

A lot of misinformation around here.
    you stack 5 of 1 charge when using annihlation bomb. What the OP said is exactly how it should work.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-22-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    you stack 5 of 1 charge when using annihlation bomb. What the OP said is exactly how it should work.
    Wrong.

/10charcs

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cinge View Post
    Wrong.

/10charcs
    no its right if you do 4 blast and 1 spike you are wasting burst damage on your A bomb. 6 BC > 5BC/2SC in burst damage.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

I was unable to log back into my account for some reason yesterday to respond.

There is no question how to play Sabo properly (load a stack of 5 charges of same type or different). It's simple if you go with a stack of 5 charges only 1 critical evaluation takes place for all 5 to go off as crit or not.

Therefore yes with 20% crit rating one can assume that there will be always 1 charge critical per rotation increasing regular damage output and reducing spike.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by StormRift View Post
    I was unable to log back into my account for some reason yesterday to respond.

There is no question how to play Sabo properly (load a stack of 5 charges of same type or different). It's simple if you go with a stack of 5 charges only 1 critical evaluation takes place for all 5 to go off as crit or not.

Therefore yes with 20% crit rating one can assume that there will be always 1 charge critical per rotation increasing regular damage output and reducing spike.
    Honestly a 1/5 Chance to get crits on 5 globals in a row with 20% crit (should be 1/3125 like every other class) is worth shipping 5 of the same charge over if you need to spike someone down.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...28#post1212728

I posted it in the feedback forum. I hope this gets fixed honestly. And I'm pretty sure it will now that we've brought light to the math issue =)
    Last edited by blahdot3h; 02-22-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Too bad the sabo will not work this way.
    As these are charges and are not independent from each other.
    Each charge does not blast independently unless each is a different charge.
    So 5 blast charge will be 1 final Blast charge number once detonated and the Detonate number will be 1. Critting or not critting.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    Too bad the sabo will not work this way.
    As these are charges and are not independent from each other.
    Each charge does not blast independently unless each is a different charge.
    So 5 blast charge will be 1 final Blast charge number once detonated and the Detonate number will be 1. Critting or not critting.
    The mathematical reasons posted in my thread clearly explain why sabo's damage needs to be put in line with every other class.

+ Reply to Thread