+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This game is not about max dps

Shadowlander

Default This game is not about max dps

Its more about knowing your role and doing it well. I think most people are still brainwashed by recount-myself included-and want a rotation that will max dps charts.

The only thing I would fix is to give mages stronger nukes. Not so they do the most damage but they are the most vulnerable wearing cloth and need an offset.

Shadowlander

Yeah.. I think the mages need to be like bright wizards in Warhammer online. Cloth class but with super duper nukes. Kill those damn warriors in 2-3 hits frm afar.

Quote Originally Posted by byoo View Post
    Its more about knowing your role and doing it well. I think most people are still brainwashed by recount-myself included-and want a rotation that will max dps charts.

The only thing I would fix is to give mages stronger nukes. Not so they do the most damage but they are the most vulnerable wearing cloth and need an offset.
    It's not about max dps but you want them to give your mage more dps?

It is about knowing your roles, but the damage done is always a plus!

Soulwalker

Agreed. Its not about max dps. I wish the game went back to being about playing a role within a game of other people playing their roles. This whole max dps blight will kill the genre.
    Last edited by Stormphoenix; 02-22-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byoo View Post

I'm curious, then... what is a mage's role in Rift? Because with the people I group with, it IS my dps I'm brought in for.

[11:13] <Nordain> I'm guessing the hy*** is like the mattress tag
    [11:13] <Nordain> Generally when it gets removed something illegal is happening

Soulwalker

Mages are utility too...

If you have a soul with reliable cc in your build, yes. And with every pvp soul having the ability to break cc, what then?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm truly curious. I've tried doing Warfronts with a Warlock soul and was only mildly successful using fear because it breaks on so little damage AND just about every class has the ability to break free from it without even using their PVP soul.

I suppose I could do what "everyone" is doing and run dominator so I can squirrel people (the one CC mages have that *I* personally find to be a massive PITA), but I really hate the idea of being just another cookie cutter. This is why I wish some mage souls had their nuke abilities buffed a bit... the game advertises so many soul choices and builds, but it's very few that are actually viable in PVP.
    Last edited by Krystaline; 02-22-2011 at 08:21 AM.

[11:13] <Nordain> I'm guessing the hy*** is like the mattress tag
    [11:13] <Nordain> Generally when it gets removed something illegal is happening

Depends how you look at it. If your in a PvE environment and choose 3 dps souls...max dps is everything.

You could argue what about utility and whatnot, but if you choose a utility soul instead of a third dps soul...then your not going to be worried about max dps are you.

Common sense peoples, you choose your souls to suit your roles.
    Eliana - Cleric Tank ~ Elicas - Warrior Tank ~ Elias Rogue Tank ~ Blightweald PvE

Soulwalker

I like the idea of working towards completing the task at hand without fretting about who's topping what meters. As long as everyone lives, you did it right.

+ Reply to Thread