+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chloro: Healing shouldn't be this much fun!

Rift Master

Default Chloro: Healing shouldn't be this much fun!

Okay, I've played heals in other MMO's... I often grew tired of it because well, I get the hankering to pew pew.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I got into Rift and discovered the perfect damage/heal combination. Your time is spent mostly dpsing, check 1 for the pew pew, and BY dpsing, you heal!

It really is a fun class... I am having a ball healing rifts/dungeons by shooting my green gobs of healing goodness. And when things get rough, why, I have a few instant healing spells up my sleeve!

This is how to make a class... get the player doing something they enjoy, and add the benefit of aiding others.

It's definately going to be my first focus when Rift goes live... Thanks, Trion, for creating a great, powerful, unique class!

I agree--Chloro has been the most fun I've had in Rift and I've had a bunch of fun in beta !

With the refund of points, I retraited full Chloro with only a couple points in my non-Chloro souls. Suddenly I was doing everything I loved--dps with wild abandon and healing as needed. Small groups and open raids were even more fun than as a cleric!

Kudos, Trion!

welp, you've sold me on trying chloro now.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Hmmm sounds too fun not to at least give it a try. Chloro rises to the top of my "try next" list.

Now if I could only play the game right now.

i lvled 2 warrs defiant and guardian to 26 27 ish, and figued id try a mage

by the lvl of 10 on my chloro, i was sold. its gona be my main on release and im going full healing mage, just amazing how fun it was and the utility you can squeese out of it if you try hard enough
    "We are Dyslexia of Borg, we WILL *****laminate you!"

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Chloro was a lot of fun for me too will definatly be my main. Was great in warfronts, topping both dps and healing in the same match!! Can't wait to see how it evolves at end game!

Fayth - 50 Cleric | Keerin - 50 Mage | Godrik - 26 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Okay, I've played heals in other MMO's... I often grew tired of it because well, I get the hankering to pew pew.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I got into Rift and discovered the perfect damage/heal combination. Your time is spent mostly dpsing, check 1 for the pew pew, and BY dpsing, you heal!

It really is a fun class... I am having a ball healing rifts/dungeons by shooting my green gobs of healing goodness. And when things get rough, why, I have a few instant healing spells up my sleeve!

This is how to make a class... get the player doing something they enjoy, and add the benefit of aiding others.

It's definately going to be my first focus when Rift goes live... Thanks, Trion, for creating a great, powerful, unique class!
    You know people will now QQ to nerf this class b.c you think its good and someone will die to this class in head start.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Bard and Cadence comes to mind...I think that has a better feel. Chloromancer felt horribly slow to drop any mob, and the healing never matched up to having two mobs hitting you.

Shadowlander

not all those complaints that the chloro remember one important respect, the chloro damage if it does not care .... istance and some bosses become immune for a certain period of time

then the cleric can not continue to treat Chlo = The tank dies and the party wippped

chloro = off healer

Soulwalker

Thanks, Trion, for creating a great, powerful, unique class!
    Yes its definatly a fun class, and uncommon. Not unique though, eg vanguard did the same years ago with their blood mage.

Quote Originally Posted by tiogriver View Post
    not all those complaints that the chloro remember one important respect, the chloro damage if it does not care .... istance and some bosses become immune for a certain period of time

then the cleric can not continue to treat Chlo = The tank dies and the party wippped

chloro = off healer
    i heard of one boss that chloros had issues whit resisting\immune to our spells, so i gues you are in Alpha and having tried every other instance out?

But if there are other bosses like this its sevral things you can do to avoid dying.

Bring a off specced rogue, cleric or hope the boss have adds for the chloror to work whit.

Im pretty sure that Trion didnt make a healer class that are usless in say 20 30% of the game.(im pretty confidant saying chlorors are main healers by the consensus on the forumns and ingame reports)

And we do have the ability to cast direct heals, not many bust should probably do the trick, or even having a "soul" set up for that specia lboss or type of encounter.
    "We are Dyslexia of Borg, we WILL *****laminate you!"

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Thanks, Trion, for creating a great, powerful, unique class!
    Thanks, Trion for Copy - Paste from my favourite Vanguard class - Bloodmage. Although the final result isn't as good as the original Bloodmage, its still pretty awesome and will keep me interested with this game for some time.

Prophet of Telara

shut up alreayd before everyone rolls a chloro!
    Last edited by Dagny_Kiara; 02-22-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    You know people will now QQ to nerf this class b.c you think its good and someone will die to this class in head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny_Kiara View Post
    shut up alreayd before everyone rolls a chloro!
    For Realz!

Fayth - 50 Cleric | Keerin - 50 Mage | Godrik - 26 Rogue

Arhhh FFS i forgot to try Chloro in the beta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast