+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race choice important for your calling?

Question Race choice important for your calling?

I was wondering if the race you choose is important for your build.
    Races get small benefits on 1 stat (+10), 1 resist boost and 1 ability.
    So can you make a build because for example you love the looks of the Kelari and combine it with a mage, altho it gives you a Dex +10 bonus?

The best choices for e.g. a caster are High Elf and Eth, but I guess this only matters for the first levels??

In the end I don't think the small +10 bonus makes any difference or am I wrong?

E.g. Dwarf Cleric / High Elf Warrior / Bahmi Mage / ...

Telaran

i guess it is a very nice bonus to have at level 1... but i dont think you will notice it at level 50 (unless your a min/max ***** )
    im going to make an Eth rogue (i like the 70 % run speed and their looks ^^) always nice to have an +70 % run speed in stealth

Telaran

+10 bonus is not here anymore

check podcast for details: http://www.riftpodcast.com/podcast/2...te-antics.html

Prophet of Telara

I read somewhere they were going to have some racial bonuses at launch but not sure if they finalized how much theyw ould be. They said they did not want them to be game-changing.

I hope there are some differences between the races, but I doubt it matters much in the long run.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Yeah the racial bonuses are just plain gone. We still all have our racial CD abilities, but the passive stats are gone. Way to complain community (not necessarily present company) you complained so they fixed it the best way possible. That or they could have given us a choice on a+10 stat when the character was created.

Telaran

Racials are suppose to be significant but shouldn't affect competitive gameplay. You can do something cool out of combat for example, but while fighting all races should be the same.

At least thats what I got from podcast.

Soulwalker

Nah not for me. =p
    As long I don't get bored looking at my character for the days to come, I am good =)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Yeah the racial bonuses are just plain gone. We still all have our racial CD abilities, but the passive stats are gone. Way to complain community (not necessarily present company) you complained so they fixed it the best way possible. That or they could have given us a choice on a+10 stat when the character was created.
    I wouldn't like to have a choice, not sure why, it just doesn't feel right for a racial.

Well for some reason I like the fact they removed the stat bonus, so we can pick a race for its looks..
    Will be fun to see fat Bahmi dudes with a staff and such.

Shard: Shivermere (EU PvP)

Cleric (lvl50): DPS-AoE (Caba 51) / FUN (Inq 51) / LFG experts - Healer (Pur 34 / Sent 32)
    Warrior (lvl~30)

"Let us leave beautiful women to those men without imagination." óMarcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Alone View Post
    I wouldn't like to have a choice, not sure why, it just doesn't feel right for a racial.
    Well if they didn't call it a racial bonus would that work more for you? I was actually thinking of something called more like "planar alignment". You could pick +10 to a stat, +xx to a particular resistance, or + a lower number to all resistances or stats. I think Morrowind had something like that didn't it?

I pick my race due to looks. Don't care about racial abilities. Already planning on one calling each defiant race and the fourth with the guardian elf race. All on looks alone.

Rift Disciple

+10 was completely useless, the only thing it did was force uninformed players (the majority) to choose a race based on class. I'm glad to see it gone because it even made me feel a little wrong with my Bahmi mage.

For more clarification open and of the race forums and you will see half the threads are,"Is RACEX the best for CLASSX?"

+ Reply to Thread