+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi - I would like to do Ranged DPS Please

Shadowlander

Default Hi - I would like to do Ranged DPS Please

As the title says

Any advice for picking a class, soul, role, build would be appreciated.

Thanks kind sages!

Rift Disciple

What kind of ranged dps? Melee, Magic? More CC orientated? Straight dps? You need to elaborate for a better suggestion!

Whats your playstyle? Other than stating "ranged dps" as that in this and most MMORPG's tells absolutely nothing.
    Play to Crush.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hhug View Post
    What kind of ranged dps? Melee, Magic? More CC orientated? Straight dps? You need to elaborate for a better suggestion!
    I don't really mind. I enjoy playing a 'glass cannon" sort of character. So straight DPS. I guess what i'm asking is for "pure DPS".

However, if there's a Rogue type that can stealth and ranged DPS, that would be cool.

Ta chaps

Marksman is probably the most pure ranged dps based soul in the game

10 points into night blade and you will get 15% damage bonus to both combo point generators and finishers, as well as stealth.

5 points into rift stalker and you will get 15% attack power bonus and a teleport.

assassin or ranger, for their nice crit bonuses. ranger also has the ability to increase ranged attack ranges by another 5 yards. If you go assassin i would go a little further down the tree in order to get the poison proc rate buff and the self damage buff on crit.

But marksman with some combination of secondaries from nightblade, ranger, rift stalker, or assassin, is a good place to start.

Starting out when you wont have enough points to think about investing in your third soul yet both rift stalker for the teleport, and blade dancer for the 15 second 50% dodge bonus cooldown are good options.

Likewise ranger with 0 points does get you a pet that can tank for you up to level 30 even if you have no points into ranger.

Rift Chaser

Marksman = glass cannon during open beta. They did decent damage, but I found that riftblade did just as much damage as warrior range class.

Marksman = getting nerfed in next patch, but we don't know how much of a nerf. It's definitely a fun class, but try not to get frustrated. You'll know what I mean once you play it.

Favorite quote from Cleric named Peani:

After fighting a MM higher level than him and owning him:

"I didn't even have to heal."

After fighting a riftblade lower level than him and getting owned:

"Are you ***** kidding me? A warrior does more dps with ranged attacks than a MM, ***** broken."

Good times.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    Marksman is probably the most pure ranged dps based soul in the game

10 points into night blade and you will get 15% damage bonus to both combo point generators and finishers, as well as stealth.

5 points into rift stalker and you will get 15% attack power bonus and a teleport.

assassin or ranger, for their nice crit bonuses. ranger also has the ability to increase ranged attack ranges by another 5 yards. If you go assassin i would go a little further down the tree in order to get the poison proc rate buff and the self damage buff on crit.

But marksman with some combination of secondaries from nightblade, ranger, rift stalker, or assassin, is a good place to start.

Starting out when you wont have enough points to think about investing in your third soul yet both rift stalker for the teleport, and blade dancer for the 15 second 50% dodge bonus cooldown are good options.

Likewise ranger with 0 points does get you a pet that can tank for you up to level 30 even if you have no points into ranger.
    This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much.

How far into Marksman do you think i should go? I'm loving the idea of a Marksman who can stealth. Endless PvP fun.

Again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Xierg View Post
    This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much.

How far into Marksman do you think i should go? I'm loving the idea of a Marksman who can stealth. Endless PvP fun.

Again, thank you
    I dont know, my ranged rogue was mostly ranger based for soloing, as in warfronts i always switched to bard.

But marksman is the most ranged oriented soul.

respecs are cheap so just start putting points into it =P

+ Reply to Thread