+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rage of balance issues

Default Rage of balance issues

Seriously, dear community:

Stop requesting buffs and nerfs. According to the leaked alpha notes ******ed whiners who have absolutely no idea how to balance a game got their way through again. I play none of the classes that fell under the nerf hammer and I can say I had no trouble dealing with such opponents.

Many of us, who do not talk at all about balance issues do not see any problems with it, we actually adapt, since for every "OP cookie cutter build" there is always a weakness to exploit (Not in the sense of breaking the game mechanics) to bring them down. Now, next time you cannot handle something, do not come to the forums to whine about it. Instead, think where you should improve? What should be done in different way? Here's a prime example: You are a mage, you meet up with Void Knight in 1v1. You smack yourself full of buffs only to notice you're screwed up by losing the buffs and getting smacked for doing so. (Here's a hint: You see the obvious buff "Void" on the warrior, remove everything from yourself you can think void knight would take advantage of. If you are solo as a mage, disable the VK and run for it, seriously. You are fighting 1 vs. 1 vs a class thats designed to be a anti-mage. If you're getting pwned by one solo, don't come here yelling OH MY GOD THE CLASS IS OP. No, its the whole design, they eat mages, but anything with focus on psychical eats them).

In addition, Saboteur's eat soul combo's without dispel/damage ward. You haven't specced to have either? Too bad. You have purposefully gimped yourself vs. a saboteur, please do not whine about it.

You are getting gnawed to death by something as ridiculous as flame spear spam? How can you? Oh, you lack resistances from your build, you lack damage wards, you lack disables. You have again purposefully gimped yourself vs. a class.

You got ganked by an assassin? Couldn't run away from him? You haven't specced snare breaks or snares. Too bad, you have purposefully gimped yourself vs. an assassin, please do not whine aboutit.

Starting to get the big picture now? Incorrect specs lose vs. souls that you have no counters to. If you cannot build a soul combo that pretty much counters the most soul combos. Its not their fault, its YOUR fault. Please stop yelling for buffs for yourself cause you suck as a player or nerf something cause you suck as a player. Learn to freaking play.
    Play to Crush.

OP you are awesome!
    Best post ever

Totally agree with you.

I went through, and while only the first level skills, did a quick calculation of every rogues 6 sec damage cycle of two skills if they are played like sabators are supposedly played.

They really didn't care about the numbers or anything, just simply called it **** or stupid calculations (instead of you know, putting correct ones If I was incorrect, or higher level calculations) and will just clamor for snarfs just simply because the sab scares them.

Rift Disciple

Amen for the most part. There are some imbalance issues that are glaringly obvious, but as a whole your post sums up most the whining on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hhug View Post
    Amen for the most part. There are some imbalance issues that are glaringly obvious, but as a whole your post sums up most the whining on these boards.
    I'd like to hear from them, as I haven't spotted any.
    Play to Crush.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Catskills View Post
    I'd like to hear from them, as I haven't spotted any.
    Of course not. I love how you didn't start ranting until warriors got the nerf bat with this coming patch. If you can't see any balance issues then you are obviously not playing Rift. But I can tell when I see a FOTM'er get there "uber" build busted up.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    Of course not. I love how you didn't start ranting until warriors got the nerf bat with this coming patch. If you can't see any balance issues then you are obviously not playing Rift. But I can tell when I see a FOTM'er get there "uber" build busted up.
    First, take a look at this thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gh-end-players.

Next. There is no "FOTM" build's, the following builds are "Maximum efficiency vs. skill required to play": Thus the most common builds to be seen dominating, as even handicapped players can play them. Then, there are the rare out of box soul combo's that require insane amount of skill to play that basically dominate the "cookie cutters."

I am playing RIFT, and unlike you, I am "obviously not handicapped PvP'er."

Give me a solid proof of imbalance issues or they do not exist.

Fire at will.
    Play to Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Inexist View Post
    I really love when people say FOTM like its a dirty word.

Course I guess its like when I see people who are PVP'ers who get their "uber" build beaten by someone else and they run to the forums to cry about it and demand snarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    I really love when people say FOTM like its a dirty word.

Course I guess its like when I see people who are PVP'ers who get their "uber" build beaten by someone else and they run to the forums to cry about it and demand snarfs.
    Exactly.

And to the previous poster referring to me as a warrior; He is so wrong.

I can say my build will be less than 1% of the whole population of the players, and I have found it perfectly viable vs. every single calling & soul combo I've met.

Its not a VK
    Its not a Sab
    Its not a MM
    Its not a Ranger
    Its not a Riftblade
    Its not like you're ever going to guess what it is
    Last edited by Catskills; 02-22-2011 at 12:52 AM.
    Play to Crush.

Shadowlander

Seriously, dear community:

Stop requesting buffs and nerfs. According to the leaked alpha notes ******ed whiners who have absolutely no idea how to balance a game got their way through again. I play none of the classes that fell under the nerf hammer and I can say I had no trouble dealing with such opponents.

Many of us, who do not talk at all about balance issues do not see any problems with it, we actually adapt, since for every "OP cookie cutter build" there is always a weakness to exploit (Not in the sense of breaking the game mechanics) to bring them down. Now, next time you cannot handle something, do not come to the forums to whine about it. Instead, think where you should improve? What should be done in different way? Here's a prime example: You are a mage, you meet up with Void Knight in 1v1. You smack yourself full of buffs only to notice you're screwed up by losing the buffs and getting smacked for doing so. (Here's a hint: You see the obvious buff "Void" on the warrior, remove everything from yourself you can think void knight would take advantage of. If you are solo as a mage, disable the VK and run for it, seriously. You are fighting 1 vs. 1 vs a class thats designed to be a anti-mage. If you're getting pwned by one solo, don't come here yelling OH MY GOD THE CLASS IS OP. No, its the whole design, they eat mages, but anything with focus on psychical eats them).

In addition, Saboteur's eat soul combo's without dispel/damage ward. You haven't specced to have either? Too bad. You have purposefully gimped yourself vs. a saboteur, please do not whine about it.

You are getting gnawed to death by something as ridiculous as flame spear spam? How can you? Oh, you lack resistances from your build, you lack damage wards, you lack disables. You have again purposefully gimped yourself vs. a class.

You got ganked by an assassin? Couldn't run away from him? You haven't specced snare breaks or snares. Too bad, you have purposefully gimped yourself vs. an assassin, please do not whine aboutit.

Starting to get the big picture now? Incorrect specs lose vs. souls that you have no counters to. If you cannot build a soul combo that pretty much counters the most soul combos. Its not their fault, its YOUR fault. Please stop yelling for buffs for yourself cause you suck as a player or nerf something cause you suck as a player. Learn to freaking play.
    You didnt spec to counter one specific soul and therefore gimped yourself versus countless others? kudos

You didn't spec against 2.5k crits? You fail.

Wait, what?

Yeah, right now they see certain builds or souls as being the terminator at the moment.

They want them nerf into be jubilee or that 5th planeteer who has the power of heart and need episodes dedicated to them just so they can be useful too.

Meanwhile the build is completely.. well in between. The sab for example is just a man in a trench coat waiving a time bomb. Not the terminator with a CAW grenade launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by clauslever View Post
    You didnt spec to counter one specific soul and therefore gimped yourself versus countless others? kudos

You didn't spec against 2.5k crits? You fail.

Wait, what?
    Sigh.

You can counter multiple souls at once. Learn to build.

"You didn't spec against 2.5k crits?" Obviously refers to Saboteurs. Here's a hint: Percentage damage ward, I'm pretty sure a lot of callings have one.

I suggest you get yourself at least some following:
    - Disable breaks
    - Damage ward
    - Self-heal
    - Snares,Roots,Stuns,Fears,Incapacitates,Confusions
    - Dispel
    - Heal buffs/debuffs
    - If DPS, both Psychical & Magic damage, don't have the possibility to get Psychical damage? A hint: Don't get Death & Fire damage.

Why am I even explaining all this? It ain't my job to educate noobs.
    Play to Crush.

Plane Walker

Although I don't care in the slightest about PVP noobs not being able to kill other PVP noobs, my worry is that these PVP noobs QQ'ing will result in breaking PVE content. Exactly like we've seen in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly View Post
    Although I don't care in the slightest about PVP noobs not being able to kill other PVP noobs, my worry is that these PVP noobs QQ'ing will result in breaking PVE content. Exactly like we've seen in WoW.
    Which will happen if the game is balanced from individuals point of view. Due to this, all the emphasis should be on "team based balance".
    Play to Crush.

I can say my build will be less than 1% of the whole population of the players, and I have found it perfectly viable vs. every single calling & soul combo I've met.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vIjJ-Mzm7s
    G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast