+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Video] The more than 2 button Saboteur!

Telaran

Thumbs up [Video] The more than 2 button Saboteur!

So I made another video during this beta, since my poor warrior hit the 30s tier and his queues stopped popping (the times were 30 minutes to an hour between warfronts...) I decided to make a rogue up and do some warfronts with him. I like the idea of the Saboteur and the Bladedancer and played around with both builds, but when my guildies were playing this particular night, I decided Saboteur would be a better supplement to their classes.

Here it is!

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be good at pvp, I don't claim anything really, I know I run into the middle like a crazy person and get myself killed a lot (but when I get that 44 point Sab ability... it will be awesome!) I just enjoy it and I've been enjoying making these movies. I hope some of you enjoy them too!
    Deathbagel - Defiant Warrior - <Bionic Jive> - Stonecrest

Personally I don't like how lower level sabs are pretty much locked to using blast charge & detonate and throwing bombs in between. I mean we got lots of utility charges but those aren't really worth it if you can crit for 1k+ even a lower levels. I don't know where Trion is going with the soul but "saboteur" sounds more likely sneaky supporter than megaburst rdps Oo

Whoa, check out how much he died. =)

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Brizyrr View Post
    Whoa, check out how much he died. =)
    Thats because he continually jumps into melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    Thats because he continually jumps into melee.
    mm, bit keen on standing in the pack to eat aoe, too. but as said in the OP he's well aware of it. hard to complain.

@OP, your use of a range of abilities and charge management is great, i like it. something to think about is pausing before detonate; sometimes when the party is doing slow damage to an enemy player it's worth waiting on detonate purely so you know you'll finish them cleanly. better that than to allow them to go 'OHJEEPERS 1HP' and LoH, or shield&heals, etc.

because of the size of your attack numbers, sab gives a lot of control over exactly how the target dies.

which leads to such shameless screenshots as;

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/...inal/91643.jpg
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-22-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Telaran

Yea, I am a warrior at heart (I'll be playing a warrior at release) I love to run into the pack... :P

I mostly use spike and shrapnel charge in Black Garden since spike charge leaves a HUGE DoT on people and they are usually packed toghether nice and tight for shrapnel charge to do it's dirty work. I also knew I had an awesome AoE spec stormcaller (and a pug AoE stormcaller too) so I wasn't too worried about getting the kill, I knew they were going to get burned down... even with their teams massive healing

On Codex I think my record for killing blows was somewhere around 26... I'll see if I managed to cap any of the huge ones :P

Thanks for the replies everyone!
    Last edited by Deathbagel; 02-22-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Personally I don't like how lower level sabs are pretty much locked to using blast charge & detonate and throwing bombs in between. I mean we got lots of utility charges but those aren't really worth it if you can crit for 1k+ even a lower levels. I don't know where Trion is going with the soul but "saboteur" sounds more likely sneaky supporter than megaburst rdps Oo
    This is my biggest complaint with sab myself. Because they pretty much forced you to start off with stacky stacky boom, instead of other things.

The souls description leads me to believe that it is suppose to do be a combination of burst and other things. But since throwing charges gets you aggro until you get skills later on that stop that, it becomes how people learn to play the class.. After all you can't kill someone by just making them move slower.

Telaran

Silent setup isn't very far into the tree... also Time Bomb doesn't cause aggro either.

The game isn't balanced around lower level... I use the other charges all the time, in fact in the later levels (I think I got this rogue to 31...) I started using caltrop charge almost exclusively in the place of blast charge... nearly the same damage with an added snare.

Rift Disciple

I will be rolling a necro main at launch and make a sab alt. At early levels you use maybe 3-4 buttons.(counting traps). By level 30 plus in pvp I was twisting charges(throwing blast-concussion-armor-etc). You can use blast charge and go strait up burst DPS but your not going to 1v1 very well and your not going to help your group in PVP. Sab is anything but a 2 button class when you get to a higher level. In fact with all the traps, bombs and different charge combos I was having a blast on him. Only noobs and people who have not played the class at higher levels think that.

+ Reply to Thread