+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clerics - Massive mana issues.

Bic
    Soulwalker

Default Clerics - Massive mana issues.

How much fun is it spending half your time drinking in a warfront?

Ah boy i casted 15 heals, let me sit for 30 seconds while drink to regain mana. Oops here comes a VK, OOM.

Please do something about the massive shortage of cleric mana. That calling needs some love.

It also doesn't help that classes can be mana drained while the target is CC'ed and defenseless. This is an obvious problem and should be addressed.

How about we stack some sab charges on you while your mez'ed too. What a great mechanic.

STUPID.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bic View Post

Ah boy i casted 15 heals, let me sit for 30 seconds while drink to regain mana. Oops here comes a VK, OOM.

Please do something about the massive shortage of cleric mana. That calling needs some love.

It also doesn't help that classes can be mana drained while the target is CC'ed and defenseless. This is an obvious problem and should be addressed.

How about we stack some sab charges on you while your mez'ed too. What a great mechanic.

STUPID.
    what really gouges my gizzard is my melee justicar healer build ran out of mana FAST, even with 2 mana recovery skills, and it really limits what the class can do in the warfronts.

imo the charges of holy laser beam or w/e it's called should allow you to cast spells that are completely mana free. i am getting charged twice. i have to use mana to get the charge from cavalier, then i have to use mana to turn the charge into healing. i say ********.

Shadowlander

My solution is role a Bard as my main at launch.

I've given up on the clerics until they get a serious revamp. They just aren't much fun to play right now in my opinion.

I had a blast in beta 7 on my little rogue virtuoso. It's a new experience for me, I always play the cleric classes and never even make rogue alts, but I guess rift will be the game to break that mold. I think chloromancer will be my first alt as well.

Clerics are just really really boring and not fun right now.

just because u are a healing class doesnt mean u should be able spam heal forever, i always disliked the pve trend in wow where raid healers went from heal rotations in vanilla to regen stacks and just spam 1 button entire raid non stop. from what i have seen the heals in pvp could be more effective however, the number of heals before oom seems about right.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sharogy View Post
    just because u are a healing class doesnt mean u should be able spam heal forever, i always disliked the pve trend in wow where raid healers went from heal rotations in vanilla to regen stacks and just spam 1 button entire raid non stop. from what i have seen the heals in pvp could be more effective however, the number of heals before oom seems about right.
    spamming heals forever is just op i mean it could be worse, like spamming and endless stream of aoe heals, while at the same time dealing out damage, and throwing around buffs oh wait i think there is someother class tyhat does that !

Shadowlander

I think we need to wait until later in the game.. Who says mana will be an issue later when we get better gear that gives more mana and more regene, I know regen doesnt seem like alot, but im sure its balanced out later.. With this I ont say we can spam 24/7 without going oom, but I really think it will get better later..

I think it will be something like you can cast alot but you need to be careful on what heals you use when etc to conserve mana.. And again if it becomes too much of an issue I think there will be a small buff to how mana regen works
    Last edited by Oceanemotion; 02-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.

General of Telara

STUPID.
    LOL really 15 heals huh? Maybe you should stop spamming healing communion and learn how to switch healing targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

I think you dont know how to heal at all if u cant spend ur mana correctly without going oom that fast... i normaly go oom 1 time in a battleground as you have like 9 healing spells at 20-29 with healing souls. Healing flame (28 mana cost) Very good spell ;) Instead of using ur instant healing spells that costs over 60 mana each time and heals lower too...

The mana regen & mana is perfectly fine on Cleric's

Just because your a DPS class doesn't mean you should be able to spam damage skills for ever..

O wait but you can, how the f is that balanced?

I just love reading through everyones posts like they never have mana issues.

I guess a lot of people die in their warfronts or they never have anyone mana drain them. That or they're a bunch of liars.
    Last edited by Landaren; 02-22-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    Landaren

Rift Disciple

yet chloromancers are healers who can spam heals forever
    hint : 6 points in warlock tree

Plane Touched

After a little more Beta testing I actually am in agreement with this

The worst are warfronts and the zone rift bosses. I'll run out of mana way too soon. before the rift boss is even 75% and then i'm completely screwed. Warfronts its easy to kill yourself and respawn for mana, even though you shouldn't have to do that. Something needs to be addressed.

Plane Touched

20-29 I can heal nonstop for 2-3 minutes and then I'm anxious to lay in front of a bus to get full mana back.

Soulwalker

Here's my two cents. At 22 I respecced to warden. I had absolutely ZERO mana issues in WF, major rifts as the only healer with 10 or so people in my group, and through instances. Its about balancing your heals and being able to anticipate. War fronts are a little different, but with your very large heal over time spells, you're still very mobile and able to keep people topped off. I digress however, war fronts are bard, chloromancer territory just due to their fluff heal mechanics. however, what do you want; a fluff heal or a heal that is able to keep you alive and not just look good on paper.

STUPID.
    Lvl 22 Cleric in WF's and I almost never ran out of mana. Sorry, but it's true. I only ran out when I spent several minutes (like 5-10) doing nothing but healing the guy who was taking damage from the shard thingie he was carrying. Even then, so long as he wasn't under attack, I could throw a HoT on him and then sit back and let my mana regen.

Just stack Wis and you should never have a issue.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

I will have to agree that clerics have major mana issues. I am a mage so my mana rarely goes empty because we have the best recovery abilities. It would be nice if you guys got a mana regen like Sac Life: Mana like the warlock root ability in the cabalist tree. Or the shell ability from the chloromancer tree that gives you 2% mana per second for 30 seconds while the shield is active. This brings us chloromancers a little bit above par on you guys because we have a constant flow of mana so we never go oom in endurance fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast