+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can we get a CD on Flamespear?

Shadowlander

As previously stated, it was actually the discharge that was killing you, read your combat logs. It looks like Trion did a good job with the changes as main problem was the ease at which you could gain pacts. There are tweaking classes without destroying the playstyle of the class. I'm glad they make reasonable changes rather than listening to the complaints of people who don't really understand the mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    I think a nice 5-10 second cooldown would put this currently lopsided class back into something that makes a bit of sense.

I personally love the idea of giving a warrior line that affords a bit of ranged utility, but currently flamespear is putting out enough DPS to compete with any ranged class while leaving the warrior mobile, still able in melee, high HP, high defense.

Thoughts?
    Lol, that;s not the reason riftblades rock.

That's like saying Arnold Schwartzenegger should use only pistols in his next Commando movie. Even with pistols, he will still faceroll an entire base full of soldiers. :P

Telaran

You guys defending flame spear are in your own little world... time to grow up and face the facts that every single person who has made a warrior and picked up that ability realized it's two or three times more powerful than all melee attacks. There's no hidden skill or special formula that you use to make your character more skilled than other Riftblades, it's just an extremely simple class to play with extremely high elemental damage, high hit points, high armor and one of the best single target crippling debuffs in the game.

The posts in this thread do highlight a greater problem with the class, which is that it doesn't scale particularly well with weapon damage and that should be the first issue addressed when toning down the damage of flame spear. There shouldn't be any specific point in the game where something is considerably more powerful than any of its counterparts simply because a spammable instant ranged attack with an infinite resource does more damage than castable nukes by low armor classes with a very limited resource.

There really is no debate, the numbers are everywhere, we've all tested it ourselves and felt the wrath of the shield-wielding plate mage jumping in circles while decimating us in warfronts. We already know they've acknowledged from their internal testing (believe it or not, programmers know how to debug and use their own math majored employees to pull data as well) that the damage from the class is not following a logical or intended design... hopefully the fix adds a few more buttons to the rotation and keeps the class enjoyable because it really is an interesting class concept.

Anyone who played a warrior and used a parser knows that using flamespear to apply the dot and let it tick (so not spamming flamespear) is actually more damage

<Flying Tutties>

Rift Master

Flamespear doesn't need a CD. It just also doesn't need to be hitting harder then the RB melee attacks.

Rift Disciple

Can we get a CD on stupidity on these forums?
    holdtheline.com - gaming advocacy network

Soulwalker

When a rogue can stun lock a warrior to death, "flamespear" doesnt even belong on the to do list.

Rift Master

Too much ranged mobility for a class with so much defense/hp,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Warkyd View Post
    When a rogue can stun lock a warrior to death, "flamespear" doesnt even belong on the to do list.
    this..

/10char

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeans View Post
    You guys defending flame spear are in your own little world... time to grow up and face the facts that every single person who has made a warrior and picked up that ability realized it's two or three times more powerful than all melee attacks. There's no hidden skill or special formula that you use to make your character more skilled than other Riftblades, it's just an extremely simple class to play with extremely high elemental damage, high hit points, high armor and one of the best single target crippling debuffs in the game.

The posts in this thread do highlight a greater problem with the class, which is that it doesn't scale particularly well with weapon damage and that should be the first issue addressed when toning down the damage of flame spear. There shouldn't be any specific point in the game where something is considerably more powerful than any of its counterparts simply because a spammable instant ranged attack with an infinite resource does more damage than castable nukes by low armor classes with a very limited resource.

There really is no debate, the numbers are everywhere, we've all tested it ourselves and felt the wrath of the shield-wielding plate mage jumping in circles while decimating us in warfronts. We already know they've acknowledged from their internal testing (believe it or not, programmers know how to debug and use their own math majored employees to pull data as well) that the damage from the class is not following a logical or intended design... hopefully the fix adds a few more buttons to the rotation and keeps the class enjoyable because it really is an interesting class concept.

^ .......................

lol no.

5-10 seconds? You are fn high. Spears are what make a riftblade a riftblade. They are a ranged warrior class. You want to pretty much destroy the class.

QQ moar.
    Last edited by Natsu; 02-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.

After this thread necro i think I see why he has a problem with riftblades, he expects his skeleton pet to tank the riftblade for him!

4 day thread necro, stay classy.
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-26-2011 at 05:15 PM.

It's pretty stupid when a warrior won't melee me. I'm a mage. Not to mention he's out dpsing me and my pet with ranged spells. woohoo...So he does more damage than my elementalist and wears plate...cool

Rift Disciple

Riftblades right now remind me of Season 5 Death Knights.

ICY TOUCH SPAM!!!!!!! SO MUCH SKILLZ!

Doesn't have anything to do with it being the Rift Blade's main attack point builder at all >.> no reason they'd use it heavily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast