+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How high into the various pet trees do you have to go for level 50 pets?

Default How high into the various pet trees do you have to go for level 50 pets?

The wiki doesn't seem to have any info on the ranks required for level 50 pets so I figured I would ask. What is the minimum you can go into a tree and still have a level 50 pet?

You dont need any points in ranger in order to get a level 50 pet... The skill trainers all have lvl 50 pets greater or regular you can train for...
    Last edited by Tusamie; 02-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tusamie View Post
    You dont need any points in ranger in order to get a level 50 pet... The skill trainers all have lvl 50 pets greater or regular you can train for...
    This is not true at all. On my level 41 Cleric If I had the druid pet out with no points in the tree the pet would not be the same level as me, even after visiting the skill trainer.

The info shows on Zam's soul calculator. Requirement shows in the roots where you get the dire pets. Wolf, requires lvl 22, razorbeast, 24.

Telaran

I believe only the "Greater" versions of pets are the only ones that can go to level 50. Kinda of silly in my opinion, kinda makes the pet trees useless as a secondary or tertiary tree. I think that the greater version should of course be more powerful or scale better with your stats, and that the lesser version should be able to go to level 50.

I wouldn't say useless for a secondary tree, you can get the greater pet (at least in elementalist) with only 21 points. It's just a matter of making sure you can get said pet to 50. The skill says the level cap on the pets for Greater Elemental Affinity is 27, but I know you can invest in ranks to make it higher. Do the ranks themselves have skill tree requirements or only player level requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I believe only the "Greater" versions of pets are the only ones that can go to level 50. Kinda of silly in my opinion, kinda makes the pet trees useless as a secondary or tertiary tree. I think that the greater version should of course be more powerful or scale better with your stats, and that the lesser version should be able to go to level 50.
    Actually I think its pretty smart. It ensures folks who have pets in the end game actually spend points to acquire them. And as a result everybody isn't running around with pets.

Compared to early on in the game where folks are picking a third soul like druid just to get the pet, then putting no points into the tree.

the 21-24 pets go to 50, the lvl 1 pets go to 30 and the lvl 12ish pets go to an unknown lvl that i have yet to test, my guess is 40ish.

+ Reply to Thread