+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why cant i decide?

Shadowlander

Default why cant i decide?

first i wanted to be a healing cleric like hotten everyone haven fun but then i was like i want to be a mm rouge yeah shooten arrows doing alot of damage but then i was like i want to be a sin putten on bleeds and usen stuns

why cant i decide they all just seem so fun!!!!

Telaran

Because there are so many possibilities, and a lot of the sub-classes are VERY fun to play.

I haven't made up my mind yet either.

I am in the same boat myself, I was wondering how many others are feeling this way. I usually play a healing healer as my main in MMOs. With the unique profession system in Rift and things being a bit different anyway, I can't decide. Tanks and healers will always be needed so I will probably go that way at least. Building one that I will have fun playing and be effective with a combo of PVP and PVE playtime will be hard to pin down. I know they have the multi role thing which I dabbled with. Still having a hard time though choosing what actual professions I want to do it with? In then end I will probably choose one that will be the most effective helping my team. Anyone else having a hard time choosing?
    RaginKage

Well the good thing with the class system is that, if you pick a particular one for a role (say cleric for healing) you can as well have different roles set up (possibility of 4 different builds to switch between) so that you can switch to tanking or dps if you didn't like healing as a cleric. Mages can switch between many diff kinds of dps/support roles/ and heals. Rogues can support/tank/dps and warriors can tank and dps.

So either way you go you will have multiple roles in which to vary up your playstyles.

Ascendant

The reason you cant decide is cause you have overhyped expectations of the game. Once the new game smell wears off for you you will roll whatever FOTM build is the most OP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    The reason you cant decide is cause you have overhyped expectations of the game. Once the new game smell wears off for you you will roll whatever FOTM build is the most OP.
    Actually I think the opposite is hapenning: the classes are less clear cut than in many other mmos and it's much more difficult to pick a "best" class. In other words, it's because you/I are approaching this game with an old mentality and it's not conducive to a good experience.

Rift Disciple

personally I will roll one of each four classes, build a solo spec for each and then focus on one at a time to level, the ability to have 4 roles means that I am not married to a single spec or even two, no need for making hybrid builds so I can be viable in dungeons while soloing, I can have a solo, group build #1, #2 AND a PvP spec, freakin sweet.

Now the tough choice comes down to which class to play first, and that one I have no idea on...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    If you run through each classes board you will notice that despite the incredible amount of theorycrafting every single speculative post ends up with like 30 variations on a "best" build because of the sheer amount of freedom this kind of class system gives. Sure there will be FOTM builds here and there but those will exist mainly umong the people who can't get out of the WoW mindset, even people who have hit the beta level cap use all 4 of there builds because there isn't a best build, only optimal ones for every situation.

I too am having difficulty. I have narrowed down to a Cleric Inquisitor solo build and a Rogue MM solo build. After that its up in the air. And I have NO idea what talents to choose, I guess Ill try them all since we can "reset". I guess we just have to keep trying to figure out what works best with our individual playstyle AND what is useful to groups/raids.

Its almost like a skill based system...so many choices...but only a set amount of points. It will be interesting figuring it all out!
    Cleric Inquisitor - "MOAR DOTS!"

Default Too many choices, too many good builds?

I played the last bčta for 3 days, tested with several builds and I end up without any clue what to play on head start.
    So I guess I have the same problem

Usually I love being a party healer, but Rift didn't convince me to play cleric.
    I usually was a healer / mage in other games. This game is the first I loved to play as a warrior.

So I might go mage, warrior, cleric or rogue.. Plz god help me decide..

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rambi View Post
    I played the last bčta for 3 days, tested with several builds and I end up without any clue what to play on head start.
    So I guess I have the same problem

Usually I love being a party healer, but Rift didn't convince me to play cleric.
    I usually was a healer / mage in other games. This game is the first I loved to play as a warrior.

So I might go mage, warrior, cleric or rogue.. Plz god help me decide..
    tihs is how i feel when i try it it dosent fit my sytle i havent treid warrior though
    Last edited by weston; 02-22-2011 at 04:51 AM.

i think you guys should choose between the things you like the most.

like OP likes ranger but also assasin, those 2 can be played with one character so i would go for rogue. he also likes healing and bard is a nice support healer.

Rambi used to play healer/mage in other gamers but in rift mages can dps, heal and support.

its just a matter of searching and choosing and get the most options you want out of one character =D

Well I think the good side of not being able to pick your first char is that the devs made the class system very very good. There are so many good builds, in every class.

People could say, test some chars with different callings / souls to choose your play style.

This game is completely different in its class system than any other MMO I have played so far.
    Before I played my first char here I was very sure I'dd be a Cleric, since I play healer for 80% of the MMO's.
    Since testing out several builds, I don't have any clue at all. Probabely I will make a toon and play it for quite a while. So far I know, it doesn't matter much what souls you choose, since they can be switched very easy.

I might go for my first idea: pure healing char (puri/sent/warden).
    Or the 2nd one I loved to play: DoT mage (lock/necro/chloro).
    Or the one I played last hours of bčta and which surprised me the most: damage dealing Warrior (It surprised me cause i rarely play warrior class, and for some reason I liked it)
    I don't want to play a rogue, since that's the most picked class in most MMO's + I never played it before + I hate to be lame and cloak backstab people + I'm to old to run around like a chicken.. (I might go for bard? as I love music RL)

I hope I can sleep tonight and next night, since I'm doubting about it full time

Shard: Shivermere (EU PvP)

Cleric (lvl50): DPS-AoE (Caba 51) / FUN (Inq 51) / LFG experts - Healer (Pur 34 / Sent 32)
    Warrior (lvl~30)

"Let us leave beautiful women to those men without imagination." —Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Sephire View Post
    i think you guys should choose between the things you like the most.

like OP likes ranger but also assasin, those 2 can be played with one character so i would go for rogue. he also likes healing and bard is a nice support healer.

Rambi used to play healer/mage in other gamers but in rift mages can dps, heal and support.

its just a matter of searching and choosing and get the most options you want out of one character =D
    It's soooo hard to choose, in all other games I pick a race + class in like 10 minutes... I'm doubting and sleepless since about a week for Rift

Shard: Shivermere (EU PvP)

Cleric (lvl50): DPS-AoE (Caba 51) / FUN (Inq 51) / LFG experts - Healer (Pur 34 / Sent 32)
    Warrior (lvl~30)

"Let us leave beautiful women to those men without imagination." —Marcel Proust

The worst thing is your still thinking inside the box. I wanted to be a warrior that shot laser blasts, then I wanted to be a rogue that used fiery swords and throws them at people, then I wanted to be a priest that befouls everything around him. Now I'm picking a Two-hander face smashing warrior that spits diseases onto people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast