+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class Damage

Rift Chaser

Default Class Damage

Why does damage not ever change on any ability? it makes the same damage every time. doesn't even matter the NPC level. i can hit a level 34 at 34 i do X damage i can hit a level 10 mob and still do X damage?
    Last edited by trammer; 02-21-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Plane Touched

change your weapon and the damage goes up.

quite a few skills are static # or are weapon dmg + #

so same weapon = same damage

Rift Chaser

so what you are saying then is the game is based around this number because there is no real factor of mitigation except armor. resists for spells have very little just like armor it seems.

just seems very bland that no matter what the spell or melee attack is it does the same number every single time.

something to get used to i guess.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by trammer View Post
    so what you are saying then is the game is based around this number because there is no real factor of mitigation except armor. resists for spells have very little just like armor it seems.

just seems very bland that no matter what the spell or melee attack is it does the same number every single time.

something to get used to i guess.
    Theres a variance of some damage pts up or down, and thats how its been in every game ive ever played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Rift Chaser

maybe it was just me then but ever since daoc, warhammer when i go hit mobs lower level then myself the damage goes up because i would assume they have less mitigation?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by trammer View Post
    maybe it was just me then but ever since daoc, warhammer when i go hit mobs lower level then myself the damage goes up because i would assume they have less mitigation?
    Shrug. The number may not change but their health pool is smaller so they die faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Soulwalker

I'm not suren what anyone in this thread has seen but, when I fought lower level NPC's I have noticed higher damage output. I am 23 clocked on NPC at lvl 13 for 570 pts of damage and hit a NPC at lvl and only did 237 with the same attack. Are you talking about the base attack with no add-ons?

Rift Chaser

level 34 Justicar/Shaman/Warden was my build i used.

All attacks i used from all the lines hit the exact same on mobs 20 levels lower than me.

Example Water Jet from warden hits for 185 on level 34 mobs on level 14 mobs it hit the same.

Melee attacks from the Justicar line did the same thing.

When i was attacking the low level mobs it was during an invasion in Freemarch so maybe that had something to do with it. so before beta ended a few low level guildies wanted to see IT so i thought heck at 34 should be a breeze.

level 17 elites even well below my level elites sure probably have more mitigation but attacks were dealing the same damage. it was still easy but not sure.

Maybe it is a bug with the conversion the clerics have?

I had a 21 Rogue Bard/Ranger/Marksman and hit different numbers depending on level of npc
    -Melwin

LCE
    Rift Chaser

Waterjet is water damage, I'm guessing the level 20 and level 10 mobs all had 0 (or maybe something minor like 5%) resistance to that damage type.

Armor mitigates physical damage. If you read any of the billion 'nerf Riftblade' threads - their damage seems high because its purely magic (Fire) damage and just about everything is lacking fire resistance.

Armor and Resistance is all that matters for damage, Level seems totally irrelevant, its just a gauge .. thats why a melee can go out and get slaughtered by an incursion 10 levels below them sometimes if the mobs have high enough armor.

Rift Chaser

ahh so Justicar abilities being Light damage may be the cause in this where as they are not really melee?

+ Reply to Thread