+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how important is gear?

Soulwalker

Default how important is gear?

in wow, gear made your character basically. you were nowhere near on the dps charts for instance if you werent geared.

my personal play style is something along the lines of a champion/riftblade... but i tend to stay away from tehse characters in games like wow where you have to be uber geared to be viable... i usually end up rolling a mage just so gear is less of a concern.

so back to my question... how game breaking is good gear vs normal gear? Is gear such a concern I should consider rolling cleric/mage, or can i get along pretty well as champion/riftblade?

Scrap gear will get you through just fine from levels 1-49 though better gear of course will make it easier. Devs have already said that you will need to be well geared before progression to higher tiers of Endgame content. People with PvP gear will have an edge when fighting people without it. People with PvE Raid gear will have better preformance in Raids than people without it.

Quote Originally Posted by tard01 View Post
    in wow, gear made your character basically. you were nowhere near on the dps charts for instance if you werent geared.

my personal play style is something along the lines of a champion/riftblade... but i tend to stay away from tehse characters in games like wow where you have to be uber geared to be viable... i usually end up rolling a mage just so gear is less of a concern.

so back to my question... how game breaking is good gear vs normal gear? Is gear such a concern I should consider rolling cleric/mage, or can i get along pretty well as champion/riftblade?
    All mainstream MMORPGs are gear based. I challenge you to name one that isn't.

Flyff, Maple, Runescape

Flyff i didnt have anygear, and did well.

Maple pfft do need gear and level to 160.

Runescape man havent touched that game in years, but i was a pure i used no armour at all just a weapon ;) owned everyone.
    Last edited by Perry; 02-21-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Been said you could easily get by with scrub gear, but just progressing and doing the quests (story) will award you decent gear, and some blues along the way.
    50 Rogue ♫

If you have lots of currency you might as well buy the better gear off the npc's
    There is lots to consider with what to buy, i can't remember the exact price of the top planar focus but it was in the 1000's of currency you collect for the rift rewards and the lv35 rifts dropped me average of 35 per rift, but i solo them so i'm not sure what you get if any difference from the groups doing them.
    Comfort is a perspective of ideology.

+ Reply to Thread