+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New changes : Saboteur charges now warn players with a beep !

Rift Disciple

Default New changes : Saboteur charges now warn players with a beep !

with the beeping effect players are now warned off this danger and can ask assistance to cleanse/dispel this (but will help arrive within this short time frame when the bombs are ticking ?) if timely help is not offered one still has to suffer the exploding consequences known for facing the saboteur.

let the beeping madness begin !

there saboteurs fixed !
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 02-21-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Shadowlander

Awesome!
    Imagine constantly psyching someone out in PVP with a beeping sound!

PVP on a whole new level!

Ascendant

terrible idea. dividing charge damage half on application half on detonation is how sabs are fixed.

I listen to the hardcore in your face when I PvP, so I'm still gonna die horribly! Can I have a big TNT style sign flash up instead???

Rift Disciple

Waiting till max level to see if Sabs are actually OP might be one way to fix them.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brage View Post
    Awesome!
    Imagine constantly psyching someone out in PVP with a beeping sound!

PVP on a whole new level!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    terrible idea. dividing charge damage half on application half on detonation is how sabs are fixed.
    hehe indeed, let the beeping madness begin !

i already suggested that up front damage long while ago, 25 percent damage per charge when charges are planted. we have to wait and see if they do something with it, so i agree with you on that

this thread more for fun factor although i can see some purpose in having a warning in some form to allow players to issue help orders when facing saboteur setting up on you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    I listen to the hardcore in your face when I PvP, so I'm still gonna die horribly! Can I have a big TNT style sign flash up instead???
    exactly

God, can you imagine the cacophony of a team of Sabs all placing their charges at the same time? The never ending beeping would drive the other team mad!
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    God, can you imagine the cacophony of a team of Sabs all placing their charges at the same time? The never ending beeping would drive the other team mad!
    hehe, wouldnt it be fun with a countdown ? a deep voice like the one from jigsaw the movie "Saw" whispering in your ears ...
    a countdown sequence ...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac4 View Post
    Waiting till max level to see if Sabs are actually OP might be one way to fix them.
    Silly post.
    there are 49 levels of PVP up to 50 in case you didn't know

Rift Disciple

Well the level cap has been 42 so far... so there has been no one able to test how much damage stuff does at 50....and in PvP gear. So yea waiting till 50 would be a good idea.

I want my toon to carry around a big bomb with lit fuse and all. It should make a nice sizzling sound as the fuse burns.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    WHaaaa? So your health bar will go down for a warning instead of the the bomb icons on your buff bar? You realize that is the difference your asking for is a visual recognition that you are being attacked by something? Splitting the damage only allows you have your health gone down and still recieve a spike.

Granted that is similar to all the other classes in the game (bits of DPS followed by a finisher) but IMO allowing people to think they are not being damaged only to find they are riddled with bombs that just detonated is crazy cool.

I do agree a visual warning (fast blinking icons perhaps?) on your buff bar seems appropriate as buff bars can get all spamy. Something to make the bomb icons quickly and readily distinquishable would be a minimum implementation to the combat system.

I think the the majority of people hate it because it's easy to do (and people want their openents to be hard to play so the otpion of getting flustered mid-battle is plausable and keeping a cool head will help you prevail) and the biggest reason is 80% of their health disappears without a any notice (aside from the bomb icons being stacked in your buff bar.

But anywho, I understand the frustration of beating up on someone and thinking your going to win because you have overextended yourself purely based on the fact your health bar was so high only to find someone has bombs all over you and has detnotated you without sending an RSVP prior to the detonation.

Hehe

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac4 View Post
    Well the level cap has been 42 so far... so there has been no one able to test how much damage stuff does at 50....and in PvP gear. So yea waiting till 50 would be a good idea.
    and remain cannon fodder for sabs in world pvp and wf's all the way to 50? get real

*Nuclear Launch Detected*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast