+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy fix for RB/VK

Plane Touched

Default Easy fix for RB/VK

Through the last beta RB/VK really seemed the flavor of the month. No doubt one of the highest/quickest dps classes right now. Just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDL0MH-2gM8 for some laughs.

I didn't find there damage to much for my cleric to handle. But what really bothers me about this class is the lack of power constraints. Typical ranged casters have a limited supply of damage output due to mana. RB/VK build not only has no power constraint, they also have the HP and Armor.

Why not simply base the RB on mana like every other ranged caster. Would also be a good idea to reduce HP and armor the deeper in the tree they go. This would bring them into the glass cannon role you usually expect from high dps cast classes.

Seems like he was killing players that were already dead. His entire team was facerolling.

Play a warrior, you will find you run out of energy a lot quicker than the guy (****) in the video. Maybe he can even challenge a worthy opponent instead of zerging.

NOTE: I am truly hoping for balancing in the souls and their combinations into classes, but giving RB mana would be bad. They'd have RB skills on mana and their other skills on power. They are a warrior as well, so I hope they don't nerf them into cloth-like armor and HP.
    Last edited by Boondocker; 02-21-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
    Seems like he was killing players that were already dead. His entire team was facerolling.

Play a warrior, you will find you run out of energy a lot quicker than the guy (****) in the video. Maybe he can even challenge a worthy opponent instead of zerging.

NOTE: I am truly hoping for balancing in the souls and their combinations into classes, but giving RB mana would be bad. They'd have RB skills on mana and their other skills on power. They are a warrior as well, so I hope they don't nerf them into cloth-like armor and HP.
    Its not bad its called balance, if you want to play a ranged nuker then play a mage or suffer the same penalties that mages have to put up with.

You know cloth armor, low hitpoints, long casting timers for nukes, longer global cooldown, 30 - 45 second recast for heavy hitting ranged attacks etc...

Prophet of Telara

the only thing they need to do is cut down their dps, and it seems if the alpha notes are correct that they already done that (cause it's incomprehensible for a plated guy with more hp to have an instant cast that does more damage than a 2sec cast of a cloth wearing low hp guy)

alternative they could just make the have 'cast bars' like charging the attack and stuff to limit their mobility but i don't like that, it would then make them a plate wearing caster and that would be counter productive to a game that boast of having different mechanics on each soul.

Shield of Telara

they already fixed rb/vk, it wasent a major nerf, and skilled riftblades will still dominate you

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Its not bad its called balance, if you want to play a ranged nuker then play a mage or suffer the same penalties that mages have to put up with.

You know cloth armor, low hitpoints, long casting timers for nukes, longer global cooldown, 30 - 45 second recast for heavy hitting ranged attacks etc...
    This isent WoW, if you want to play a game where only clothies and rangers have ranged, then dont play Rift

The reason mages have cloth and low health is because two of their tree's have pets and they have 30 yard range, a riftblade can go down just as fast as a mage can when focuses on, and rifts only have melee range abilities and 20 yard range

Warriors will die much more often than mages, dont lie

u cant justify adding mana onto riftblade in any way, the range is shorter and u WILL run out of power if u are in a fight longer than 10secs, OR you can just drain the warriors power and hed be utterly useless, no power = no attacks, adding mana is not a simple fix, it would caus more problems and a complete re work for the items or how attributes effect stats, so NO...

Soulwalker

Why make this complicated? Just stick a 30 second cooldown on flamespear and the issue is gone. This isn't some arcane/complicated issue with the class. The problem is that they can win 90% of their fights pressing one button over and over and over.
    Last edited by Thadt; 02-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Soulwalker

An antimage killing mages seems normal to me.

Not very OP and the video doesn't show anything extraordinary.

Why do people hate so much on the mage-warriors lol

Wait until pyromancers are doing instant crit cinder-whatevers-6 sec cast spell for 100% crit CD and one shotting you for over 9,000 with 180% crit damage increase on players.

Here this is what I mean http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fz0uusuzs.Vp0x Took me 2 minutes to make this build. Overload and tempest, Cinder burst and pyromancer's armor.
    Last edited by mtndew; 02-21-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Thadt View Post
    Why make this complicated? Just stick a 30 second cooldown on flamespear and the issue is gone. This isn't some arcane/complicated issue with the class. The problem is that they can win 90% of their fights pressing one button over and over and over.
    Just decrease the damage of flamespear (which they did, apparently, while also removing the DoT). A 30 second cooldown on a spell that does minimal damage is ridiculous. And yes - one flamespear does minimal damage. The point isn't to make the skill useless, just balanced. It's also not as if flamespear is really doing most of the damage done.

You want RB to be more balanced? Increase the cooldown of Rift Surge to 30 seconds and decrease its damage a bit - that's the skill all RB's use and most people don't even know it's happening. Or - instead of reducing damage, reduce its duration (the spell lasts 15 seconds, currently, on a 10 second cooldown).
    Last edited by PapaSmurfer; 02-21-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Not very OP and the video doesn't show anything extraordinary.

Why do people hate so much on the mage-warriors lol

Wait until pyromancers are doing instant crit cinder-whatevers-6 sec cast spell for 100% crit CD and one shotting you for over 9,000 with 180% crit damage increase on players.

Here this is what I mean http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fz0uusuzs.Vp0x Took me 2 minutes to make this build. Overload and tempest, Cinder burst and pyromancer's armor.
    If the alpha notes leak is true which they are usually tempest is will be tier 6 in elemental, meaning your build will most likely not be possible at headstart.

+ Reply to Thread