+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 classes, 32 souls....not enough?

Telaran

Default 4 classes, 32 souls....not enough?

Let me start by saying that I'm really enjoying Rift! I just finished building a new PC (with some great suggestions from fellow Rifters) and half the reason for building was Rift. I've already pre-ordered and have enjoyed every second of open beta.

That being said I have a question about the "vastness" of the soul system. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I level a cleric to max level, buy four different roles, and collect all the souls, then I can simply switch between any one of those four roles at any time without the need for a gear change. So I can go from a DPS role to a healing role with the click of a button. It almost makes it seem like all I would have to do is level one character from each class and then I would almost have one of everything.

Thoughts?

Oly

I thought the exact same thing as I was leveling my Cleric. I assume you will have to change your gear if you want to switch between heals and damage. Your healing specs will need more wisdom while dps will need intellect. I have no idea about the melee clerics, since it seems they lack dex/stre in all their gear. This was a huge turn off when playing my cleric. I decided to roll a mage since I probably wont have to change gear at all when switching from a dps spec to chloro and that chloro is a ton more fun to heal than any cleric healing souls.

You can easily switch between without having to switch gear for most specs. The issue is coming up with a spec and learning the dynamics of it. So yes, you only have to level one char to get 4 different roles, but you also have to learn those 4 different roles to be effective.

Philosophers are just forum trolls that existed before the internet.

Shadowlander

melee clerics have a passive buff that switches most of their stats to primary melee stat

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    I thought the exact same thing as I was leveling my Cleric. I assume you will have to change your gear if you want to switch between heals and damage. Your healing specs will need more wisdom while dps will need intellect. I have no idea about the melee clerics, since it seems they lack dex/stre in all their gear. This was a huge turn off when playing my cleric. I decided to roll a mage since I probably wont have to change gear at all when switching from a dps spec to chloro and that chloro is a ton more fun to heal than any cleric healing souls.
    Clerics get more spellpower from wisdom than from int. So you will not need to change gear sets.

Melee Clerics dont need Str/Dex on their gear. They still need Cleric Stats, as the 0 Point passive ability they have will then convert their spell crit into melee crit etc.

As for the roles, yes you can potentially gather all souls of a calling on one char.
    That means you can level 4 chars and have all souls but not all possible soul combinations. For that you would need way more chars.

You can also save / load equipments so unless you lack inventory space it is no problem to switch roles AND equip with the press of 2 buttons.

Before you say that is boring, think in how many games you had a dozen lvl 50 chars or so to get all combinations and which game gives you the freedom to have a healer insta switch to dps so you can enter that dungeon instead of having to look for more people. (or getting a ******bag via dungeon finder)

Oly

Quote Originally Posted by Ivadusk View Post
    melee clerics have a passive buff that switches most of their stats to primary melee stat
    I know, but I was worried about not having any dex/stre on the gear, but I guess it doesn't matter with that passive. I hate having a weapon with wisdom on it when I played my melee cleric. :P

Telaran

I know, but I was worried about not having any dex/stre on the gear, but I guess it doesn't matter with that passive. I hate having a weapon with wisdom on it when I played my melee cleric. :P
    Yeah, there's no need to switch gear. Now I'm curious what the end game will be like. Time to do some research!

+ Reply to Thread