+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue melee DPS

Default Rogue melee DPS

(Accidentally posted in wrong forum, should be in rogue, woops!)

So I've been scouring around the rogue forums trying to gain some insight on how I might spec my rogue when the game is released. I haven't really found much inspiration as of yet.

I want to roll rogue with the intention of playing as a hard hitting melee DPS class but from what I've read so far the melee dps orientated souls seem quite far from hard hitting with all the "qq'ing" going on.

I see people dissing the DPS output of the blade dancer AND the assassin which to me would seem like the souls that would be geared towards melee dps as a rogue. I tried out the blade dancer paired up with the assassin and riftstalker in Beta and found myself not touching the assassin tree whatsoever but it actually seemed as if Blade dancer with a few riftstalker talents mixed in seemed pretty good although I had nothing to compare it to.

TLDR;

- Want rogue
    - Want hard-hitting melee dps
    - What should I be rolling ?
    Last edited by Scream; 02-21-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Apparently the Nightblade is pretty good. But the first rule about Nightblade, is we don't talk about Nightblade.

Shadowlander

Here's some advice: play what you think sounds fun in principle. Balance is going to change, probably in very dramatic ways, over the next month or two. What's overpowered now is unlikely to remain so.

Play what you find interesting, not what you think will be the most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
    Here's some advice: play what you think sounds fun in principle. Balance is going to change, probably in very dramatic ways, over the next month or two. What's overpowered now is unlikely to remain so.

Play what you find interesting, not what you think will be the most powerful.

Your probably right with what you say, that's kind of what I was thinking tbh. :P

Seriously, I don't understand why people feel like you have to commit to just one spec. Try it and if you don't like it, try something else. Switch between multiple roles when you want or need something different.

Telaran

In beta 5 and 6 I messed around with a 75% Assassin- 20% BladeDancer - 5% Riftstalker. Had fun with this build really and found myself doing some pretty nice damage, although my guy was a bit squishy when it came to 1 vs. 2 type battles.

This last beta I rolled a 70% Bard- 20% Ranger- 10% NightBlade. I had a Blast doing Warfronts with this guy, and although he was mega squishy when it came to being the sole target of pretty much anyone, he really stood out as a backup Dps, augment healer/buffer. I took several SS's of Warfront results where he was within the top 3 or 4 in damage done and EVEN in healing points dealt Lol!

There is a video called Rotten dirty rogue by someone who went heavy Riftstalker/Assassin (I think) and BladeDancer (I think), pretty good vid to get a feel for what that combo can do.

Play what interests you, the good thing is you have up to 4 different builds you can switch between till you find what you enjoy and what works. (although I'm not sure how to save those builds really )

Quote Originally Posted by Throatpunch View Post
    Apparently the Nightblade is pretty good. But the first rule about Nightblade, is we don't talk about Nightblade.
    Shhh! You actually need to follow the rule! If it is unclear, refer to rule 2. I don't think I need to say what that is

Quote Originally Posted by Cashius View Post
    Shhh! You actually need to follow the rule! If it is unclear, refer to rule 2. I don't think I need to say what that is
    We are not suppose to talk about it. Don't even quote it.....Shhhhhhhhh

Last edited by Nitroblue; 03-07-2011 at 12:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread