+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro fun.. ?

Default Chloro fun.. ?

Iv played MMOs for last 8 years, i always make my main the warrior archtype and a healer as a first Alt.

Now i played in beta 6 warrior champ as defiant got to lvl 27,
    in b7 i rolled a new warr as guardian as i found a guild there, and got to lvl 26.
    didnt want to go to far to have to do everything over again.

but i started to look into chloro mage for healer and the fun pyro spec as dps
    i found earlly lvls choro was hard to survive often (i followed recomandations and had lock\cholo\arc
    changedl ater arc whit ele to get the pet, worked great, bit slow killign stuff but never any way close to die even whit 3 + mobs one me

one thing i was wondering, i never did get to do anything else than Fae on lvl 20 on my warr, and didnt bother whit DD at 23+.

So i was wondering how usable a chloro are in dungeons later, i hear DD needs 1 suport and 1 healer?
    wondred if that continues, as i know a chlorro isnt a main healer.

i used it in rifts and had grate fun, didnt get as much rewards as i did on warrior but by lvl 16 i had everythign from the planar vendor i needed, so isnt a isse tbh for me, sevral times i was i na 20 man raid and was the only
    healer, strainious but fun as hell.

I know many now says mages are usles etc, specialy in pvp saying u need to use instant casts and run liek fook
    i dotn care one bit of pvp not now atm anyhow.

but up to lvl 19 on my main spec lock\chloro\ele
    and off spec dps whit lock\pyro\ele
    if i will be 90% of the time pyro, instead of beeing needed ever as support im probably will roll a full healer cleric and random off spec dps.
    but i loved the mage so much.
    Also dom insted of ele? i realy dont liek having pets, but is the CC abilities scalable whit lvling (played mage in wow for years as a alot so i know about CC and how to use it)
    but dunno how it will work in Rift at all as much, specially when im solo questing.

so based on al lyou guys here, how viable will a support mage be in later gameing 20+ or so.

P.S : i know it deppends on spec and how good i actualy am gaming as a mage, but i need to learn any how
    but ill probably go 70 80% into chloro and rest in lock or what else gives me a dmg buff, afaik + DMG = + healing.

Thanks for reading please lemme know if you got something to say
    "We are Dyslexia of Borg, we WILL *****laminate you!"

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Telaran

I say to you in the mage current state go cleric and spec inquis for dps , its better then pyro then pick any of the healing trees . Mages are in a sad state right now. The only time I feel I am doing good damage it when I pop my 3 min cool down to cut casting time in half . 500 crit 2 second cast fireballs are terribad once you notice the VK spamming 800 non crit discharges. Or you get face melted by a blast charge.

My second mage made(on for each faction) hit 10 , went into BG warfront and was crit for 1100 discharge. Yeah , I know I was 10 but that is 50% of my lvl 32 mage's health points.. Awesome eh.

it is a reason for not specing rift or VK on my warr, it will get nurfed or changed.
    and im pretty sure mages gona get iether buffed or changed somewhot, tho it wont happend over night.

im goan stick whit mages, tho hopefully be able to be a "support".
    if i get /denie inv as the yneed a "real" healer im gona get annoyed, but i gues, if i play and\or get right ammount of right stats i need i gues i should be on par, and not OP or UB, and again i dotn care about pvp, aleast not as a mage, never play anythign else than a warrior in pvp, and i wont pvp as VK or rift no matter how OP they are.

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Soulwalker

Default chloro's

I'm not going to say that mages don't need work still, but to answer your question about the viability of a chloromancer I was able to solo heal DD at lvl 24 at least 3 times. That is with level appropriate groups.

The pyromancer is another story. The dps is better than the chloro but not anything to write home about, even after your spec'd into the instant casts. To make things worse you take a 9% (?) hp hit on the pyro side vs a (21% of int) HP increase on the chloro side. I'm sure the "glass cannon" effect is intentional, I however will be looking forward to more emphasis on the Cannon part in the near future!

i played around whit soul builder doing 44 chloro 13\dom rest in lock, got no clue if its good at all but wont
    be able to test b4 thursday etc ><

so pyro isnt much of a DPS boost yet?
    at lvl 18 i had to spam vile spore 7 8 times + pet to kill a 2 lvls lower mob.
    3 4 flameballs and maby the 30% to take the last few HPs off, also had no mana issues.

realy cluless but damn it was fun
    did a few quests as pyro, swaped to chloro and did a few, really didnt notice any hugh diffence tbh,
    but a FB crit from rank 4 was the same as a crit on my power strike onmy 27 warr><

Telaran

I tried the chloromancer because my group of friends needed a higher level healer, as our only other healer was leveling up from 12 to our level, So i put it on specced it out as my main and the results were epic. I could Heal and Do immense DPS still, particularly with life magic. And Warlock, awkwardly enough, has a few abilities at least at the lower level that complement it in long battles. Particularly the ability to sacrifice your life for more mana, and opportunity which i found giving me more insta casts than i had expected.

I'd like to see what combining a Necromancer with a Chloromancer and Warlock would do O.o i sense the ability to feed off my life for magics, simply do damage to the enemy to restore my self and revive fallen comrades. But i simply Guess as i haven't even looked at the Necromancer tree yet.

But level 17 or so Chlormancer + Warlock at least does Decent DPS and Decent Heals at the same time, Although if your trying to heal and DPS shoot off Life magics Primarily.

Mage is not bad, until you compare it to the best souls from the other classes. If you don't PvP and aren't anal about dps meters, mage can be a perfectly fine class for you.

In fact, mage has some leveling builds that can rival the very best.

There is a whole bunch of garbage in this thread based on either poor information, lack of experience or just guesswork.

1. Chloro is not a support mage.
    2. Chloro is not a hybrid dps class.
    3. Chloro is a full-time healer.
    4. Chloro does terrible dps while healing.
    5. Chloro can and does solo heal all instances through level 42 just as (or more) effectively than any healer in the game.

As far as the OP's advice, honestly, it sounds like you like having a tank and a healer. I would suggest rolling cleric. You can be (as of this beta) a pretty epic tank on a Justicar and if you want to heal you can switch to one of the cleric healing souls. And if you want to neither tank nor heal, they got some great DPS souls too.

If you want to be a backup healer or healer / dps hybrid, i also recommend cleric.

If you want to be a powerful main healer that's somewhat different, then roll chloro.

I've played chloro extensively through 7 betas to level 39. I have done done detailed parsing on both heals and dps of chloro. I've experimented with different Chloro specs. All the information above is based on that experience and experience of other chloros that have actually played the class and done it right.

As far as PvP goes, I know nothing. I don't PvP, nor care about how it works and what it does.
    Last edited by Arieste; 02-21-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

I am able to on my 20 chloro solo heal IT on Defiant without any trouble at all, the only thing I dont like about it is the lack of target heals. Only having two of them sucks. I think that they are a viable healing class and the group makeup of a five man dungeon turns out to be one tank three DPS and one healer/DPS.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    Mage is not bad, until you compare it to the best souls from the other classes. If you don't PvP and aren't anal about dps meters, mage can be a perfectly fine class for you.

In fact, mage has some leveling builds that can rival the very best.
    I top dmg and healing meters in the Warfronts with my Chloro.

Actually, at sometimes I have beaten 2-3 clerics combined in healing. My assumption is I am either awesome, or everyone else is just bad.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ezreth View Post
    I am able to on my 20 chloro solo heal IT on Defiant without any trouble at all, the only thing I dont like about it is the lack of target heals. Only having two of them sucks. I think that they are a viable healing class and the group makeup of a five man dungeon turns out to be one tank three DPS and one healer/DPS.
    We only get a few direct heals because of Synthesis.

Oly

Quote Originally Posted by Airrows View Post
    We only get a few direct heals because of Synthesis.
    Exactly, because of synthesis any of the chloros life damage abilities will heal the Synthesis buffed target for a ton.

Mages are amazing, role Necro at low levels if you want to own everything, even in Warfronts. Around lv 15+ you can learn Soul Purge which is the Necro single best spell. It heals you and your pet for a huge amount and deals a lot of damage over a few seconds.

Chloro can main heal anything. I was just playing my chloro when open beta closed. I find it a lot more fun than healing on my cleric, because you never sit still as a chloro. You can keep on bashing while keeping up heals the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    There is a whole bunch of garbage in this thread based on either poor information, lack of experience or just guesswork.

1. Chloro is not a support mage.
    2. Chloro is not a hybrid dps class.
    3. Chloro is a full-time healer.
    4. Chloro does terrible dps while healing.
    5. Chloro can and does solo heal all instances through level 42 just as (or more) effectively than any healer in the game.

As far as the OP's advice, honestly, it sounds like you like having a tank and a healer. I would suggest rolling cleric. You can be (as of this beta) a pretty epic tank on a Justicar and if you want to heal you can switch to one of the cleric healing souls. And if you want to neither tank nor heal, they got some great DPS souls too.

If you want to be a backup healer or healer / dps hybrid, i also recommend cleric.

If you want to be a powerful main healer that's somewhat different, then roll chloro.

I've played chloro extensively through 7 betas to level 39. I have done done detailed parsing on both heals and dps of chloro. I've experimented with different Chloro specs. All the information above is based on that experience and experience of other chloros that have actually played the class and done it right.

As far as PvP goes, I know nothing. I don't PvP, nor care about how it works and what it does.
    Nothing in my posts suggest i want to tank, i want to heal, in any form as support or main healer, latter whould be best.
    But i dont liek the cleric archtype or how the soul trees looked.
    (cleric healing reminds me too much of a pala in wrath, no funzor)

I`v only seen ppl saying in one for whit and whit out backing parser w\e chloros are support healers, but after solohealing majore rifts i thought that we where only suppors was a bit bogus.

As well im pretty sure nubers and spells\skills will change next few weeks, either as buffs nerfs and so on, i wont peg my life on any given class stayig as they are now.
    tho, chloro was the most fun and its a, well totaly new "class" imho.

but ill roll one on the 24th and hope im not getting screwed, and im gona try solo heal a instance if i fail, im pretty sure i need to change specs or learn to play mage.

but thanks, now i actualy know that i can have way more fun as a mage as i initialy tought.

Quote Originally Posted by Debiru82 View Post
    I`v only seen ppl saying in one for whit and whit out backing parser w\e chloros are support healers, but after solohealing majore rifts i thought that we where only suppors was a bit bogus.

ESL much???

Nothing in my posts suggest i want to tank, i want to heal, in any form as support or main healer, latter whould be best.
    i was going by:

Iv played MMOs for last 8 years, i always make my main the warrior archtype and a healer as a first Alt.
    just keep in mind that archetypes (callings) don't mean anything in rift. Whether you're Tank, Healer or DPS doesn't depend on archetype, but on the specific soul you chose.
    Last edited by Arieste; 02-21-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast