Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chloro fun.. ?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    just keep in mind that archetypes (callings) don't mean anything in rift. Whether you're Tank, Healer or DPS doesn't depend on archetype, but on the specific soul you chose.
    Huge QFT here.

Arieste: yeah sorry, i assumed you knew, been alot going on today IRL, formulated badly and assumed that ppl knew "warrior archtype" meant ofc a DPS warrior>< i see now how dumb it was.

anyhow, your post made me even more jittery awating head start.

im still adamant on beeing chloro healer as main spec and pyr as a dps spec.

how well it will work out at endgame, i dont know, but i can whait and see, if my dps build sucks ill re fit it accordingly, same goes for healing, but i learn as i go, not hard if you pay attention to the game

just hope i escape all the min\maxing and spreadsheet ppls ><
    "We are Dyslexia of Borg, we WILL *****laminate you!"

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Soulwalker

I play a mage and yah leveling a chloro would suck, what i did was make a necro/lock/dom and then once i got up into the 20's i created a new role and specced it chloro(i dont remember the other souls i used). I found at that point that the chloro was great especially once i got my rez spells. I love being able to fight in my necro/lock specc and being able to switch to chloro if things are going bad and they need me to heal or rez someone.

Soulwalker

I had a chloro as the only healer for several runs through KB with no problems.

Personally I'm similar to the OP's opening comment. I too have typicaly run as a Warrior Tank type, or healer. In more than one MMO I have tried 'Mage' and simply couldn't get into it.

Rifts has re-opened my eyes, after going Justicar/Shaman ( Tank soul Cleric ) I began looking as an alt. Keeping with my traditional habits, annother cleric was born to test the healing, and i wandered about, looking at 2-handers, 1-hander an totem, etc...

Then came a RotF run with my Tanky-main kept up an in the fight by a Chloromancer.

Back to creation i ran, to test this new ability, and after a few stumbles ( never played a mage much/well ) Settled in on a nice Chloro/Necro/Lock build, and have been having a great time.

I'm not going to profess my ability to dominate a War Front, but for the first time a Mage character is fun for me, and to top it off I'm a Healer.

Necro / Lock pair very well together as they both play off death damage, and have buffs from one, that benifit the other as well. Add the pet, and coupled with Health / Mana leech abilities, that kept me from carrying 2,000 'Drinks' I found myself moving along quite well.
    That is until I opened up on an elite over here, and my lil Skele, was poking some random thing over there.

Botom line is, I cast my vote for: Hell Yes a Chloro is fun to play.

Granted I didn't get too far up in it during Beta 7, and may have made silly soul point choices, but still I can't wait for early launch and get back in to try it again. My lil Dwarf Mage healer, with Totem, and Dagger, hiding in the hedges, casting death and destruction, while healing away.

lgw

Chloro is completely fine and viable, and certainly one of the better Mage souls. This even goes for PVP.
    But mind, you will have to change to play- / heal-style significantly. Also while some things are easier, others are much harder than on a classic "direct" healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Debiru82 View Post
    anyhow, your post made me even more jittery awating head start.

im still adamant on beeing chloro healer as main spec and pyr as a dps spec.
    Oh i think you may have misunderstood me then.

Chloro is fine and dandy as main healer.

And Pyro is great as a dps spec. My point is that you can't (and shouldn't) expect to be doing any kind of real dps WHILE main healing. You can have a great main healing spec and a great dps spec and switch between the two.

Though certainly the same is possible with a cleric as well. Chloro is just more unique in how it heals and requires (imo) a more capable player behind the keyboard.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

really ? cause mine does about 300+dps/250+hps in a dungeon :P and can solo rifts almost all mobs in standing aoe ... u sure u guys really tested it? ~just saying~ chloro isnt just a healer by n e means and yes , still upkeep main heals.
    Last edited by Dark_one_G; 02-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Airrows View Post
    I top dmg and healing meters in the Warfronts with my Chloro.

Actually, at sometimes I have beaten 2-3 clerics combined in healing. My assumption is I am either awesome, or everyone else is just bad.
    Interesting that you totally ignore the third (and in my opinion most likely option) that Chloromancers are actually very OP right now, but most people suck at playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    Oh i think you may have misunderstood me then.

Chloro is fine and dandy as main healer.

And Pyro is great as a dps spec. My point is that you can't (and shouldn't) expect to be doing any kind of real dps WHILE main healing. You can have a great main healing spec and a great dps spec and switch between the two.

Though certainly the same is possible with a cleric as well. Chloro is just more unique in how it heals and requires (imo) a more capable player behind the keyboard.

Think we are "talking " around eatch other
    i understood fast that chloro isnt a dps, but a healer,
    and i probably wont top dps as pyro
    but both are viable and beeing a healing mage is the funnies thing iv ever played.

Im gona blmae my self for this, i think we have the same wiew on this, but i keep typing like a ******ed donkey

i agree on everythign you have said in this thread and i gratly apreciate your input
    Also, i am gona play (probably 44,chloro 12\13,lock rest in Dom.
    and i saw that 44 pts in chloro ability, it looks awesome, and dom for the CC witch i think is more "hard\fun" than a pet runnign about beeing usless later on (i read they wont be usable after a sertain lvl if you dont put points in the pet tree?)

my "adamant" statment was mearly me saying "i cant whait to go back to heal\dps.
    as i see ppl whine on pyro and chloro STILL on forums ><
    and just point out i wont roll a sab, VK or RB (if u get what i mean)

Blunty: i agree, Mage healer is the funnies thing ever, i died so many times up to lvl 15 i dont even remeber it,
    but holly hell i had so much fun, and i knew at once it was me beeing a nub and didnt know my class well enough.

But comming 24th, i am gona have so much fun either way, im even gona pvp as chloro, becouse i know WFs will allways lack healers, and even a bad one is better than none (bad beeing me not the class)
    Pyro will be fun, my mage alt in WoW have been fire mage since begining of TBC when i tried one and was stil fire when i played in cata, also i see how ppl like necro and locks as dps souls, but meh,
    search on you tube for "big blue dress" its a OLD WoW pvp video about a mage and its fun\awesome
    "We are Dyslexia of Borg, we WILL *****laminate you!"

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_one_G View Post
    really ? cause mine does about 300+dps/250+hps in a dungeon :P and can solo rifts almost all mobs in standing aoe ... u sure u guys really tested it? ~just saying~ chloro isnt just a healer by n e means and yes , still upkeep main heals.
    depends on your spec and how much dmg a tank is taking. i can put out 300dps on a large group of mobs that barely hits, but if i'm chain-casting heals on a heavily spiking tank fighting a big mob, dps is gonna be like 50-100 (at 38).
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

I levelled a Mage in open beta as Chloro/Lock/Ele, with 6 points in Lock to give the "convert health to mana" (Life Tap) and rest in Chloro tree for healing - with no points spend in Ele tree you still get the earth elemental pet (tanky pet) which holds aggro well and with all the healing coming as a result of my damage, it's pretty tough to kill... making levelling much easier as I'm basically walking around with my own pocket tank who does as he's told ;)

I was enjoying levelling him up, but also rolled a tank-warrior and was enjoying that too - and was still unsure what I was going to play come Headstart....

...right up until I got my Mage to level 18 and went into IT. Went in with a level appropriate group (highest was 21 I think), came out a little later having hit level 20, main healed the run with no real problem and had loads of fun doing it!
    There's no way my main character come the 24th isn't going to be a Chloro Mage now - I loved it, and can see no reason why they shouldn't remain fun and a viable main healer going into higher levels and end-game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Airrows View Post
    I top dmg and healing meters in the Warfronts with my Chloro.

Actually, at sometimes I have beaten 2-3 clerics combined in healing. My assumption is I am either awesome, or everyone else is just bad.
    your are aware of your classes skills how they work and how u use them effectively...everyone else is just dumb. Chloro is a primary healer if your paying attention to what the skills state and how they work to ur advantage. Synthesis is a skill designed for main tank healing. As well....they give you a skill that gives a bonus to your synthesis targets healing every 6 secs as well as a single target heal and a single target Full HEAL. When synthesis is running the main tank is getting close to 220% more healing than the rest of the group. Which calculates out to heals ranging around 300 - 500 everytime i do dmg to a target with a large DD. The whole time im doing DPS....Everyone in group is getting a constant 2- 300 health every few secs.

Downfall to Chloro.... if there is a magic resistant boss...u may have issues.
    or if ur MAIN healing Chloro is well below the level of the dungeons enemies.

This is why the offer the abilty to switch roles on the fly. EVERYONE THAT CAN should have a secondary support role ready in these instances. One of the rogues can switch to a bard for that instance and switch back after the magic resistant mob is dead.

Many options with Rift.... do not close the box and tape it shut.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2