+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recomended Souls

Soulwalker

Default Recomended Souls

So is it best to stick with the souls that are recomended to go with each other by Trion. Or are there better combos. Or does it just depend on your playin style. I've been mixing and matching and I believe I've been gimping myself. Would love for those already veteran players to answer this.

Well Although, by no means am i one of the people to try everything (i will be at launch though ) i'd think it'd be better to try different combos to see if you could make it work. The whole point of the game is fun and to be honest i have fun trying various combos.

Although at your question i was just kinda curious about the same thing, are the recommended class combos the BEST choices?
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 02-21-2011 at 06:46 AM.

At first, I think it's a good idea to stick with the recommended souls. Once you've got a good idea of what each soul is capable and incapable of, you can mix and match to your liking.
    The recommendations are good combinations that will offer you an easier experience early on... usually.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    At first, I think it's a good idea to stick with the recommended souls. Once you've got a good idea of what each soul is capable and incapable of, you can mix and match to your liking.
    The recommendations are good combinations that will offer you an easier experience early on... usually.
    That's kinda what i was thinking. That they recomend the combos to give folks a good base role to start with. I just don't know truely which is better. It seems i'm gimped everyway I've tried. Maybe I'm just fail lol.

When you say you are gimping yourself, what standard are you using as comparison?

I've tried a lot of the recommended combos and they are solid.

Soulwalker

well the standard of i get owned 1v1 no matter what class they are and no matter what class i am. Pve I do very well at.

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    When you say you are gimping yourself, what standard are you using as comparison?

I've tried a lot of the recommended combos and they are solid.
    After series of testing, I noticed that recommended builds are far from optimal in comparison to builds that people don't even know to think of.

I won't reveal any, but here's a hint: Find 3 souls that have insane synergy in comparison to each other, use them.
    Play to Crush.

Just on a side note, if you have taken all four roles and decided that you made a huge mistake with one (maybe your guild needs more tanks or dps etc) is there any way to delete one of these roles?

Just asking because during beta 7 i made a rogue and used all 4 roles to try out different specs, then i noticed the PvP soul just before the end of beta and never got around to finding out how i could delete a role to incorperate this new soul.

If you have 0 spec in a soul you can replace it with another freely (out of combat being the only requirement).

So buying a respec allows you to swap around all 3 souls in a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    If you have 0 spec in a soul you can replace it with another freely (out of combat being the only requirement).

So buying a respec allows you to swap around all 3 souls in a role.
    Ahhhh cool, didnt even think of that, thanks friend

Soulwalker

Cool I'm glad you asked that question. I was wandering the same and I wish the guy above would throw me a bone and let me know a few specs that work great. lol

+ Reply to Thread