+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justicar Main Tank?

Default Justicar Main Tank?

Do you all think Justicars will be able to be on par with Paladins when it comes to end-game PvE main tanking?

As it stands, I think Justicar looks cool, but is mostly in the game just to fill in the gap for normal dungeons and warrior archetypes will be used for end-game main tanking of the latest bosses and expert content.

What do you all think?

Soulwalker

Have been wondering the same thing myself lately... I'd really like the option of both being able to heal well, and tank everything the game has to offer.

Soulwalker

I have Tanked instances 2 lvl above myself with the still bugged justicar and we diddnt wipe once.

Trion has stated that it is their plan to ensure that roles (tanking, healing etc) will not be restricted by callings (warrior, rogue, cleric etc) and that they should all be able to perform at the required level for the content provided.

I would suggest picking the calling that suits you and play the roll you want without worrying about whats viable and whats not. Everything is going to be tweaked down the line, and some months cleric may tank the best, some months warriors or rogues may.

I'll end by providing a picture of a Justicar Tank...with a 2h weapon.
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...-20_234827.jpg
    Last edited by Silenciaco; 02-21-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: grammar
    Role 1) Solo General PvE/Open-PvP Melee Build | 21 Bladedancer 22 Assassin 23 Riftstalker
    Role 2) Instance Tank Build | 7 Bard 51 Riftstalker 8 Ranger
    Role 3) Commando PvP Survivability Build | 32 Riftstalker 34 Bard 0 Infiltrator
    Role 4) Trap&Stun PvP AoE Build | 7 Assassin 32 Saboteur 21 Infiltrator

Soulwalker

Justicar Main Tank?-shinydevice.jpg

Why is he shining like that? Is it a buff? An item? Devine?

I think Justy will be a effective off tank but i dont see them tanking raid mob or bosses end game the tank trees have to many passive buffs that stack together. I could be wrong but i guess end game it would be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonandownly View Post
    Attachment 2584

Why is he shining like that? Is it a buff? An item? Devine?
    He's got a buff called Glacial Shield, it's a 2nd tier talent in the Shaman Tree that absorbs damage taken by the Cleric.

this question has been answered 100 times already.

justicar tank is the most viable tank, and for a lot of reasons

-self heals on attack
    -aoe heals on attack
    -2x bubbles
    -mass damage
    -massive aoe cleave
    - +300% threat generation
    - +90% endurance
    - +100% armor
    - +1% to armor per point spent in justicar tree
    -+5% increased critical heal effect
    -+10-+20% increased incoming heals

so with all that said, u got big self and group heals, and on top of the 300% threat generation from attacks, u also have threat generation coming from the aoe heals u do on attack.

every hit you make, you are healing your raid members, which the more people = more heals = more threat generation.. that, on top of the 300% threat generation you get from even justice (cleave) and normal attakcs

and one last thing, u get an instant cast ranged attack (bolt of radiance) that forces the target to attack u for 3 sec. Its used to pull and for taunting.
    Last edited by turbododge; 02-21-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

I think Justicar will be a fine tank for endgame. They just take a bit to get moving. I personally am not going to spec into it until about 18 when we get Even Justice, which helps us get aggro on multiple mobs.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    - +300% threat generation
    - +90% endurance
    so with all that said, u got big self and group heals, and on top of the 300% threat generation from attacks, u also have threat generation coming from the aoe heals u do on attack.
    The +300% threat generation is to make up for the fact that none of the Cleric' abilities have "This attack generates additional threat" in the tooltips. It's not like they'll be doing an extra 300% threat compared to other tanks. This just allows them to go tank mode, in addition to the extra endurance.

It would appear you're comparing Justicar Tanks to Justicar DPS, rather than comparing them to other tanks. ;)

To generalize everything:

Cleric tank role has an emphasis on Parry
    Warrior tank role has an emphasis on Block
    Rogue tank role has an emphasis on Mitigation/Dodge
    Role 1) Solo General PvE/Open-PvP Melee Build | 21 Bladedancer 22 Assassin 23 Riftstalker
    Role 2) Instance Tank Build | 7 Bard 51 Riftstalker 8 Ranger
    Role 3) Commando PvP Survivability Build | 32 Riftstalker 34 Bard 0 Infiltrator
    Role 4) Trap&Stun PvP AoE Build | 7 Assassin 32 Saboteur 21 Infiltrator

Quote Originally Posted by Revwood View Post
    The +300% threat generation is to make up for the fact that none of the Cleric' abilities have "This attack generates additional threat" in the tooltips. It's not like they'll be doing an extra 300% threat compared to other tanks. This just allows them to go tank mode, in addition to the extra endurance.

It would appear you're comparing Justicar Tanks to Justicar DPS, rather than comparing them to other tanks. ;)
    wtf u talking about?

theres no such thing as justicar dps.... justicar is a TANK class, nothing else.

im not comparing them to **** other then the other tank classes.
    cuz if u read what i wrote, u would have seen that i said this "justicar tank is the most viable tank, and for a lot of reasons"

not to be a **** but some peoples lack of intelligence amazes me.

all people have to do is take 3 minutes and look at the justicar abilities and talents, and they will know why it will be the best tank. they just have to use their brain a little bit... which in this society, is asking alot from people...
    Last edited by turbododge; 02-21-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Why can't justicar DPS again? with a two hander and talents in shaman, they could be a good melee dps with healing capability.

I mean even just playing on the soul calculator, I come up with this, which appears pretty viable. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...shk.EuMooe0kRR
    Last edited by Amorascus; 02-21-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Added quick spec
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    wtf u talking about?

theres no such thing as justicar dps.... justicar is a TANK class, nothing else.

im not comparing them to **** other then the other tank classes.
    cuz if u read what i wrote, u would have seen that i said this "justicar tank is the most viable tank, and for a lot of reasons"

not to be a **** but some peoples lack of intelligence amazes me.

all people have to do is take 3 minutes and look at the justicar abilities and talents, and they will know why it will be the best tank. they just have to use their brain a little bit... which in this society, is asking alot from people...
    Thanks for completely missing the point.
    Last edited by Revwood; 02-21-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revwood View Post
    Thanks for completely missing the point.

Some people cant be wrong you know....Besides the fact he plays on the intelligence card calling you stupid when he cant even capitalize the beginning of his sentences lol.

Kanami- Warrior- Champ/BM/--Duo- Rogue/Bard FTW!! and Rei- Pyro/Ele/Storm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast