+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balanced PvP

Default Balanced PvP

.......all it takes is a good group to become OP!

I bet people in this video are calling for nerfs, when all they really needed was better teamwork!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-MJ6fjaFCc

Unedited and no stupid song playing!

Telaran

You are going to be unhappy when you see the nerf to flamespear aren't you?

All I see is 3-4 people focusing on you and not your pocket healer. What am I looking for again, or is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusfreek View Post
    You are going to be unhappy when you see the nerf to flamespear aren't you?
    If you look, Flamespear isn't doing all the damage. Discharge kills! Flamespear won't get a nerf (not much if anything), unless they change the mechanics of the whole class.

Saboteur never got a nerf.......they actually got a buff! I am hoping for a buff to be honest so I can kill people faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Agares View Post
    All I see is 3-4 people focusing on you and not your pocket healer. What am I looking for again, or is that it?
    You must be blind then, because every time my healer called out for help, me or the other warrior was right there to destroy his attacker. CC wins against noobs.
    Last edited by Cal_KC; 02-20-2011 at 10:26 PM.

This video really needs a stupid song. I feel very unsatisfied right now.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Shield of Telara

i just hope Trion learns from blizz and they do not ruin they game trying to balance pvp while ignoring PvE

PvP will have QQ no matter what make the PvE solid and you will make more money

Rift Master

@Jelly ---> i doubt the truth of your statement.

I sincerely believe that at this point in the mmo development any game without good pvp will die. What do i mean by good pvp? I mean good enough that people enjoy it enough to keep playing the game. That is good enough.

Several people play a game exclusively based on how much they enjoy the pvp. I am one of those players. If i don't like the pvp in a game i will not play or pay for the game. I see many posts from people who also say that they play a game with the sole decision being if they enjoy the pvp or not.

I know there are also many many people who don't care about pvp at all and ONLY care about pve. Are they more than the pvp crowd? Are they so much more that they can sustain a game all on their own?

I do not think so.

A game that doesn't provide its promise of good pvp is a game that will die imo.

Pve is easy. WoW pve is NOT dead. LOL. There is a TON of money and energy that goes into WoW pve and raid progression and world firsts. Doubt anyone cares about world firsts in just about any other game. WoW pve is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    @Jelly ---> i doubt the truth of your statement.

I sincerely believe that at this point in the mmo development any game without good pvp will die. What do i mean by good pvp? I mean good enough that people enjoy it enough to keep playing the game. That is good enough.

Several people play a game exclusively based on how much they enjoy the pvp. I am one of those players. If i don't like the pvp in a game i will not play or pay for the game. I see many posts from people who also say that they play a game with the sole decision being if they enjoy the pvp or not.

I know there are also many many people who don't care about pvp at all and ONLY care about pve. Are they more than the pvp crowd? Are they so much more that they can sustain a game all on their own?

I do not think so.

A game that doesn't provide its promise of good pvp is a game that will die imo.

Pve is easy. WoW pve is NOT dead. LOL. There is a TON of money and energy that goes into WoW pve and raid progression and world firsts. Doubt anyone cares about world firsts in just about any other game. WoW pve is fine.
    I only play games based on the PVP. From the first time I got jacked in UO, I was hooked. DAOC, Shadowbane, early era WOW, L2, Darkfall... That's what I think gives Rift so much potential for good open world PVP... Build the Rifts and PVP will come =)

Now.. Here is the reason people cry "NERF" when they get wtfpwn'd in PVP. The people, like you and I, who only want to PVP learn all the tricks of the trade. We know when to hit, when to run. We know when to silence, when to counter and hotkey our abbilities. You're rooted? Escape artist, snare them, kite.. You know what I mean. Now, the PVE guroos know how to kill a mob that stands there like a freaking log. They then learn how to just stand there and hit. I've killed people simply by running around them in circles as they just stand there trying to cast. It's like they only play with a keyboard and don't touch the mouse. They die, get me to about 90% life and then go on forums and cry about X soul is OP.

So sick of it. I hate the "Pick a shard: PVE, RP-PVE, PVP" Pft... Should only be a pvp shard =p I want a damn UO2 pre Tram. Darkfail failed. If people learned how to PVP, they would be MUCH, much better at PVE. I used to Raid WOW in my PVP gear on my frost mage (before frost mages were the cool flavor). Everyone said I needed PVE gear and go Fire spec. As the fire mages oomed or pulled aggro and died, I was still spamming frostbolt with 60% mana left. I usually got just bellow the fire pew pew PVE raid geared mage on DPS meter and had a smaller repair bill.

pft, it's late and I'm rambling =p

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

+ Reply to Thread