+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The souls and their roles.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default The souls and their roles.

This is a rough list of which Souls can complete which roles in a raid. Please feel free to point out mistakes, as I was unsure of some areas.

Main Tank:
    Warrior (Paladin, Reaver, Void Knight)

Off Tank:
    Cleric (Justicar)
    Rogue (Bladedancer)

Main Heals:
    Cleric (Purifier, Sentinel, Warden)

Off Heals:
    Mage (Chloromancer)
    Rogue (Bard)

Melee DPS:
    Cleric (Druid, Shaman)
    Rogue (Assassin, Nightblade, Riftstalker, Saboteur)
    Warrior (Beastmaster, Champion, Paragon, Rift Blade)

Range DPS:
    Cleric (Cabalist, Inquisitor)
    Mage (Elemental, Necromancer, Pyromancer, Stormcaller, Warlock)
    Rogue (Marksman, Ranger)

Support:
    Mage (Archon, Dominator)
    Rogue (Bard)
    Warrior (Warlord)
    Last edited by Frostedblaze; 02-20-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Soulwalker

I think Riftstalker needs to go under either Offtank or, IMO, main tank. They tank very well. and a lot of their abilities say they have a high threat output.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostedblaze View Post
    Main Tank:
    Warrior (Paladin, Reaver, Void Knight)
    1) Riftstalker is the rogue tank tree. There was some nice syngery to Rift/Bladedancer but they added the boring "the more points you spend in Rift" abilities that make 51 in Riftstalker mandatory.

2)There's nothing to indicate that Warriors are the only ones able to main tank. Riftstalker might actually even be better than any Warrior version, instead of equal.

Main Heals:
    Cleric (Purifier, Sentinel, Warden)
    I think Chloromancer can be quite competitive enough to be a "main healer".

Melee DPS:
    Cleric (Druid, Shaman)
    Rogue (Assassin, Nightblade, Riftstalker, Saboteur)
    Warrior (Beastmaster, Champion, Paragon, Rift Blade)

Range DPS:
    Cleric (Cabalist, Inquisitor)
    Mage (Elemental, Necromancer, Pyromancer, Stormcaller, Warlock)
    Rogue (Marksman, Ranger)
    Saboteur and Riftblade are more ranged than melee.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

And Justicars can main tank, I believe. From my own experience I have no difficulty tanking as a Justicar, so far. We'll see when we're actually level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    And Justicars can main tank, I believe. From my own experience I have no difficulty tanking as a Justicar, so far. We'll see when we're actually level 50.
    Yeah, Justicar seems capable enough to be considered a main tank... early on, anyway.
    Last edited by Faolon; 02-20-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    1) Riftstalker is the rogue tank tree. There was some nice syngery to Rift/Bladedancer but they added the boring "the more points you spend in Rift" abilities that make 51 in Riftstalker mandatory.

2)There's nothing to indicate that Warriors are the only ones able to main tank. Riftstalker might actually even be better than any Warrior version, instead of equal.

I think Chloromancer can be quite competitive enough to be a "main healer".
    I agree

I have both a Chloro, and a Rift Stalker. My Chloro has no problems healing instances, and my Rift stalker has no problems tanking them.

I think they will both play main roles in raids. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticroots
    Disagree with me if you want. Argue if you wish. If you do it well, I'll respect you. Insult me, or fail to read what I've said, and I'll assume you are an idiot and proceed with that understanding.

Technically Justicar can offheal.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

*Role colors are determined by highest Soul specs and include Tank, Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, and Support. Tanks are red, melee dps are yellow, ranged dps are orange, healers are blue, and support is purple.

This was from some Beta Patch notes a while back if you really want to know what each classes role is simply check them out when you are in a raid group everyone is color coded by roles.

Here is why I point this out...Take how you have Bard listed as Off Healer well that might work if they had a targetable heal which they don't. Now consider that they will also be busy keeping up buffs and debuffs up on players and enemys which alot of there buffs contribute more to the group than the heals do. So whats gonna happen is that healing is going to come in between keeping up those buffs and debuffs. Making my point that they really do fall under support more than a healer like the Devs have put them.

They do have nice AoE heals though which makes them a very welcome asset combined with everything else they can do. =)
    Last edited by Vishana; 02-21-2011 at 12:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread