+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rogues

Default rogues

So, with rifstalker being such an amazing tank, and bards being able to keep them up nearly indefinitely, and rogue souls doing the highest dps, are we basically going to be seeing endgame rogues being the only choice, besides the occasional cleric for burst healing?

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Yup

10chars

They're the most popular class by far, certainly.
    It's something like:
    40% rogue
    30% warrior
    15% mage
    15% cleric

if I were to guess

Rift Chaser

As much as I enjoy the Rogue..something should be done. I'm ripping **** up w/ MM/Riftblade/little Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    It's something like:
    40% rogue
    30% warrior
    15% mage
    15% cleric

if I were to guess
    This beta I've encountered more clerics and mages than rogues from my point of view. I think word got out that clerics are awesome fun that can do anything

But i haven't made it anywhere near end game... I just noticed an abundance of clerics and mages from levels 1 to 21
    Last edited by Nythain; 02-20-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by lunaris888 View Post
    So, with rifstalker being such an amazing tank, and bards being able to keep them up nearly indefinitely, and rogue souls doing the highest dps, are we basically going to be seeing endgame rogues being the only choice, besides the occasional cleric for burst healing?
    Correct as Trion have gone overboard with Rogue love and have unfortunately created an imbalance on how archytypes fulfill the roles of tanking, dps, heals and support. Rogue are the best or close to the best on 3 of those callings, with healing being the only calling where a cleric/mage will surpass a bard. If things continue the way they are, Rift will be 90% Rogues and 10% mage/cleric healers.

I think the overabundance of rogue is proof enough of how powerful they are. They really outdo everyone in just about everything but burst heals.

I so badly want to be a warrior tank, but I see riftstalkers who can outperform any warrior and then switch to bard or ranger or saba or MM...there are so many ways for rogues to win. What is the point of being anything else? Why is their one tanking soul more adept than any combination of the warriors' 4?

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    It's something like:
    40% rogue
    30% warrior
    15% mage
    15% cleric

if I were to guess
    I get a lot of teams where it's almost all rogues.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
    This beta I've encountered more clerics and mages than rogues from my point of view. I think word got out that clerics are awesome fun that can do anything

But i haven't made it anywhere near end game... I just noticed an abundance of clerics and mages from levels 1 to 21
    That's what I'm going to refer to as the Cleric "OMGWTFPWN!" period, where they actually do pretty good. After that...I wish there was a sad head shake emote, it would fit perfectly here...
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    I get a lot of teams where it's almost all rogues.
    I get a lot of teams that are almost all warriors on the guardian side, and almost all rogues on the defiant side.

(40+ wfs)

Anything based on the -20 population is heavily skewed by too many "only playing while its free" people. Anything above 40+ is skewed by the "I spend too much time on beta because i'm really excited about rift" players.

You have this tiny window of 20-40 on beta of people that are likely to keep playing afterwords, and aren't just messing around. Making guesses on whats going to be played the most on that small data point just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Askalskade View Post
    I get a lot of teams that are almost all warriors on the guardian side, and almost all rogues on the defiant side.

(40+ wfs)

Anything based on the -20 population is heavily skewed by too many "only playing while its free" people. Anything above 40+ is skewed by the "I spend too much time on beta because i'm really excited about rift" players.

You have this tiny window of 20-40 on beta of people that are likely to keep playing afterwords, and aren't just messing around. Making guesses on whats going to be played the most on that small data point just doesn't work.
    This would be for the 20-29 bracket, mostly seeing rogues overall, both guardian/defiant. There is a healthy population of warriors too.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

At lower lvls, in WF's, I have seen a heavy dose of warriors and rogues. However, as I go in in WF brackets, I start seeing more mages. I would say of the WF's in the higher brackets I have actually seen mostly Mage/Warrior, maybe 60% of them being a mix of those two. The rest made up of Rogue/Cleric.

Also... I have seen more dedicated healer clerics and bard rogue souls in the higher brackets. In the lower brackets I think I was the only one healing =p with a bard no less. I topped most of the matches for heals by a large number. But, as I go up in brackets, I see mostly clerics topping the heal charts, followed by bards/mages doing there dps healing.

Just what I have noticed. Also noticed more and more higher lvl's with guild tags, at least on my server. From about lvl 27 and up, seems the population evens out a bit more.

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

They shouldnt nerf rogues, they should just buff mages/clerics like 20-30%

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    They shouldnt nerf rogues, they should just buff mages/clerics like 20-30%
    Would just be easier to nerf one class rather than buffing 3.

Soulwalker

xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Evader; 02-21-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: wrong thread oops

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast