+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The best tank...

Soulwalker

Default The best tank...

Warrior or Cleric?

Just got to play in beta last night and not have had time to get the full feel of things.

I want to be a good damage sponge, what would be a better choice?

thoughts?

Thank you in advance!
    If you cannot serve as a good example, you will then have to serve as horrible warning.

Warriors, specifically Paladin/VK, probably have the best damage mitigation.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Rift Disciple

both warriors and clerics are great tanks. for the damage sponge aspect, i would guess clerics would be the better sponge only because they have more self healing abilities which would mitigate a bunch of the dmg you take. but i dont know as i havent played both tanks yet.
    Proper Grammar isnt hard to use, so please at least use proper punctuation, since its the only difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse; and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    Warriors, specifically Paladin/VK, probably have the best damage mitigation.
    riftstalkers can be healed by bards seeing as they avoid so much dmg lol

they dont have mitigation but they have the highest avoidance, also a worthy class to try out for tanking.

I was going the literal sense. He asked for the best damage sponge. Paladin/VKs have the best mitigation of the three tanks, while Riftstalkers and Justicars have the best avoidance, Riftstalkers through high dodge, Justicars through high parry.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Soulwalker

Well lets go the cleric route:

Justicar
    Warden
    Shaman

Thoughts?
    If you cannot serve as a good example, you will then have to serve as horrible warning.

Rogues are currently the best tanks IMO

Riftstalkers are amazing at not taking damage and keeping agro. It just simply requires less to heal a riftstalker than any warrior/cleric combo.

Merc - 50 Rogue - Briarcliff
    Sin - Sab - Sab - Rift

Plane Touched

Why do people keep saying riftstalker is an avoidance tank? They have ZERO skills to increase avoidance. All of their skills are geared towards damage absorbance through shields and increasing armor.

Riftstalkers are about mitigation, not avoidance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    Why do people keep saying riftstalker is an avoidance tank? They have ZERO skills to increase avoidance. All of their skills are geared towards damage absorbance through shields and increasing armor.

Riftstalkers are about mitigation, not avoidance.

I just lol when I read the words Riftstalker and avoidance tank in the same sentence, read the talents people.

The only way Riftstalkers are avoidance tanks is if it's paired with blade dancer. Even then it's mostly mitigation through riftstalker tree.

Quote Originally Posted by txhazard View Post
    Well lets go the cleric route:

Justicar
    Warden
    Shaman

Thoughts?
    Justi-Sentinal-Shaman/puri/warden would make the better tank builds.

+ Reply to Thread