+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you want to fulfill as many roles as possible, and do them better than others...

Plane Touched

Default If you want to fulfill as many roles as possible, and do them better than others...

what calling and soul combos do I want?

Cleric, get 3 roles, set one up for either melee or caster DPS, set another for healing, and another for Tanking.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

cleric for sure, 2nd rogue.

mages need a class that can transform into a demon and tank, and paladins need to be able to heal or a new warrior class that can heal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    cleric for sure, 2nd rogue.

mages need a class that can transform into a demon and tank, and paladins need to be able to heal or a new warrior class that can heal :P
    That isn't a bad idea. So people can carry all three roles no matter what calling the pick. A heal/dps/tank soul in each calling.

To answer the OP, I would have to say cleric for Pure Heal/Tank/DPS. Though, the DPS of a cleric isn't as high as others. Your second bet is a rogue. They can tank well with Rift, DPS well but have a slightly lower healing aspect. Bards don't spot heal. They AOE heal as they build up combos and unleash a group heal with Coda of Restoration. Rogue is more of a group support with buffs, debuffs and aoe heals.

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

Cleric's can do all the roles but they are by no means the best, its funny how Chloromancer and Bards sometimes heal better then the dedicated healing classes. No matter how innovative the games, it still usually follows the norm of Warriors=the best Tanks, Clerics=best healers and Rogues and Mages= best DPS.

If you want to do all roles to a lesser but acceptable degree, get Cleric.
    If you want to do the majority of the roles to a lesser but acceptable degree, get Rogue.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
    Cleric's can do all the roles but they are by no means the best, its funny how Chloromancer and Bards sometimes heal better then the dedicated healing classes.
    I wonder how many more threads should be created about that till ppl can stop spreading misleading ********.

Bards?! Seriously? Whats you highest lvl 15?
    And chloros are better than clerics? Rite since chloros have so many on demand heals without cds...Oh wait they actually dont...And chloros are such an awsome healer for warfronds...Oh wait they suck you can only keep your self up and a friend of yours with synthesis.

STOP SPREADING MISLEADING ********!

<3

Quote Originally Posted by peponas View Post
    I wonder how many more threads should be created about that till ppl can stop spreading misleading ********.

Bards?! Seriously? Whats you highest lvl 15?
    And chloros are better than clerics? Rite since chloros have so many on demand heals without cds...Oh wait they actually dont...And chloros are such an awsome healer for warfronds...Oh wait they suck you can only keep your self up and a friend of yours with synthesis.

STOP SPREADING MISLEADING ********!

<3

Well to the contrary, I'm level 42, been here since BETA 1 and no its not misleading. In a lot of warfronts I've seen Bards are constantly the top healing done while being among some of highest DPS. I also made sure to say sometimes, its not like it happens all the time but the fact that is does is not good. This isn't the thread for this however so please before assuming stuff and making half-assed comments without ground, m'kay?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
    Well to the contrary, I'm level 42, been here since BETA 1 and no its not misleading. In a lot of warfronts I've seen Bards are constantly the top healing done while being among some of highest DPS. I also made sure to say sometimes, its not like it happens all the time but the fact that is does is not good. This isn't the thread for this however so please before assuming stuff and making half-assed comments without ground, m'kay?
    So now you specify that by sometimes you mean the warfront healing of bards that is a uncontolable aoe heal that most of the time is oveheal and they only come top cause they dont need mana to spam heal so they can just sit in a corner healing their ases when its not realy nescesery and be top healers.

Cause in pvp its all predictable steady damage and there is nothing spiky on the pvp damage.You just know who gets hit next and for how much damage.

Now read the last 3 posts and and realise how misleading your first post is.

Bards and chloros can heal too much but they will never have what clerics have.On demand heals without cds that save the day.Clerics are the most effective healers for all situations.The rest are just healing and hope none screws up.

Plane Walker

Depends if you want to play the best tank, dps and support, then take Rogue. If you primarily want to be a healer, then cleric, who also have the option of a good tanking and dps soul.

But hands down the Rogue will be your most versatile soul.

Shield of Telara

Just go rogue

Bard = best aoe healer with unlimited resources, and best buffs in the game

Riftstalker = 4000 damage shield, never takes damage, overpowered tank spec

Saboteur = 1 shot you with no way of stoping the damage unless you have a pocket healer, because classes being balanced around pocket healers is so balanced

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Badh View Post
    That isn't a bad idea. So people can carry all three roles no matter what calling the pick. A heal/dps/tank soul in each calling.
    Lol you do realise the amount of *****ing there have been by people purely becaues warriors have a few ranged abilities and how it's against their view of the warrior. That will never happen as long as trion listen to the whiners just abit

Champion

Rogue is the correct answer.

Fact: The Cleric calling is the only calling in the game that covers Tanking, melée DPS, Caster DPS, Healing & Support. Rogues & Warriors don't have a pure healing soul, Mages don't have a Tank soul. There you go a completely unbiased answer for the op without dragging the convo down into who does better than whom which is all subjective.

+ Reply to Thread