+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What warrior and rogue souls add self healing?

General of Telara

Default What warrior and rogue souls add self healing?

I was gonna say melee classes but then everyone would throw in clerics. What are some melee (rogue/warrior) builds that have decent self healing and evel well. Because of double shifts and overtime I havent been able to play beta much. I only got to seriously mess around with mages/clerics. I kinda wanna try out either a rogue or warrior but where do I get my self healing from. I have watched videos both of them AoE grind and hardly lose any HP killing mobs either same level or 1-2 lower and they could chain AoE grind. What makes this possible and is it an actual efficient way to exp as well as farm?

Riftstalker for Rogues. You need 13 points in it to get it, though.
    Beastmaster for Warriors has a self heal deep in the tree.
    Paladin for Warriors also has some self healing deep in the tree.

As for the videos: it was probably a Riftstalker Rogue. Basically, you get Boosted Recovery and Rift Scavenger.
    You then have to make sure your target dies with 5 combo points on them. Rift Scavenger heals you for 2/4/6% per combo points. I think Boosted Recovery increases the amount healed by 10/20/30%(haven't tested if it actually works with Rift Scavenger).
    Last edited by Faolon; 02-20-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    As for the videos: it was probably a Riftstalker Rogue. Basically, you get Boosted Recovery and Rift Scavenger.
    You then have to make sure your target dies with 5 combo points on them. Rift Scavenger heals you for 2/4/6% per combo points. I think Boosted Recovery increases the amount healed by 10/20/30%(haven't tested if it actually works with Rift Scavenger).
    Exactly this. I've been using the following build for grinding Rifts, and it works fantastically. Basically just pull the whole wave and work them down by attrition, just making sure to keep Guarded Steel and False Blade up, while having 5 combo points on a target when it dies (easy with how fast Bladedancer builds points). Practically unlimited power and health when done correctly (kinda weak against tough single targets though, but that's when you switch to pure NB or Assassin or something )

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dVkc0RGdz.xI0h
    Last edited by Volatile1; 02-20-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Question What order to focus on skills?

Volatile, question on your build - what "steps" would you recommend as one levels up to level most effectively while distributing points between the BD and RS builds?

I definitely see the effectiveness of the build, but am not sure of the best progression targets to focus on as I level.

Thanks in advance!

Telaran

I didn't start using said build until around level 30. For levelling prior to that, I'd really recommend going with either Nightblade, Bard (w/ NB, Assassin or Ranger off focus), or Ranger.

The RS / BD combo could, presumably, hit its stride as early as 23, when you can get the 14 RS, as well as Precision Strike and 1 point Combat Culmination from BD. Prior to Precision Strike (and Contra Tempo to a slightly lesser extent), Bladedancer is pretty underwhelming, honestly. The greatest strength of the soul is its ability to build combo points faster than any other.
    Last edited by Volatile1; 02-20-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Shadowlander

sins also have a leeching poison that has a chance to give them some health back when they hit. Nothing major, but it can be boosted with the baleful finisher move, and it does help when griding mobs solo.

Telaran

It's also worth noting that on the Warrior side of things, Reavers can self-heal quite a bit, particularly when AoEing, thanks to the combination of Plague Bringer and Soul Feast. Combine it with Riftblade or Champion, both of which get some hard hitting AoEs, and you've got yourself another sturdy rift grinder.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies! Will also look for the champion / reaver builds

+ Reply to Thread