+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit saying...

Default Quit saying...

That all clerics should be healers. Its so friggin annoying getting yelled at as a cleric for not being a healer. Also do not whine that if we are DPS we should go warrior or mage or rogue because their higher dps, maybe we like to have heals for emergency and high survivability? This game is largely about being different than everyone else, if you want a cookie cutter game where DPS have to be the top dps spec/calling/soul all tanks and healers the same, there are 336 different calling/soul combos not even counting your spec, primary, gender, race, looks, gear, role, faction, name ect...

TLDR = Quit QQing that all clerics should heal.
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

*reads post*

*looks at username*

*looks at avatar*

*looks at signature*

This is why we can't have nice things.

Champion of Telara

Mix-maxing. Cutting out the unneeded in order to maximize a particular trait.

In the case of a DPS, that means sacrificing everything necessary to obtain absolute maximum DPS. Something that a cleric has issues doing, as it's built into the souls. Unfortunately many people do not see the merit of a DPS with utility, and it's rare to find a group leader who understands that things like off-heals, buffs, debuffs, etc. can have an impact if played right.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 02-20-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    *reads post*

*looks at username*

*looks at avatar*

*looks at signature*

-sigh- Ok I am officially asking Trion to allow my forum name a name change -.- It was the name I made for my char during the beta for fun. Imo it is sort of like being racist "-looks at color of skin- -walks away-" except this time is name -.- From now on I will name my chars "A" so people cant use that as an excuse to troll.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    Mix-maxing. Cutting out the unneeded in order to maximize a particular trait.

DPS, that means sacrificing everything necessarily to obtain absolute maximum DPS. Something that a cleric has issues doing, as it's build into the souls. Unfortunately many people do not see the merit of a DPS with utility, and it's rare to find a group leader who understands that things like off-heals, buffs, debuffs, etc. can have an impact if played right.
    Actually DPS is Damage Per Second, or a damage class. Not min-maxing. Thats elitistism.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlumad View Post
    Actually DPS is Damage Per Second, or a damage class. Not min-maxing. Thats elitistism.
    I never said it was, I was stating min-maxing, and relating it to the case of a DPS character. and min-max is not elitism >.>

In the case of a DPS, that means sacrificing
    Better? Figured with the complete lack of typing ability on the internet, people could figure that one out without trolling more.

---
    I had a typo too

everything necessarily (necessary)

it's build (built) into the
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 02-20-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

DPS, that means sacrificing everything necessarily to obtain absolute maximum DPS.
    Really? You didn't?

I never said it was, I was stating min-maxing, and relating it to the case of a DPS character. and min-max is not elitism >.>

Better? Figured with the complete lack of typing ability on the internet, people could figure that one out without trolling more.

I had a typo too
    And here comes the flow of troll-claimers. Dude go look at other threads, this one is mostly a response to a popular thread. IMO only people who claim everyone is a troll are trolls themselves, usually just ignore those types of trolls.

Champion of Telara

And here comes the flow of troll-claimers. Dude go look at other threads, this one is mostly a response to a popular thread. IMO only people who claim everyone is a troll are trolls themselves, usually just ignore those types of trolls.
    I already stated the corrected wording, now go back to the game and do bad DPS while everyone yells at you. If you weren't busy trying to bait a response(troll) you would have ignored that part of my statement.

Last edited by Txzeenath; 02-20-2011 at 01:08 AM.

I already stated the corrected wording, now go back to the game and do bad DPS while everyone yells at you. If you weren't busy trying to bait a response(troll) you would have ignored that part of my statement.

Love how you ignore my post that said you did infact say it, and i was talking about the middle part not the top of bottom.

Anywho ima leave the forums for 20 or so minutes and wait for the troll-claimers (a type of troll) to get bored and go away.

Get to healin boy

That all clerics should be healers. Its so friggin annoying getting yelled at as a cleric for not being a healer. Also do not whine that if we are DPS we should go warrior or mage or rogue because their higher dps, maybe we like to have heals for emergency and high survivability? This game is largely about being different than everyone else, if you want a cookie cutter game where DPS have to be the top dps spec/calling/soul all tanks and healers the same, there are 336 different calling/soul combos not even counting your spec, primary, gender, race, looks, gear, role, faction, name ect...

Oh you can have your dps spec....just have a pure healing role you can switch to for PVP, if you don't want to be useless and piss off your teammates.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

There are enough souls (classes) in this game to catter to the needs of everyone wanting to play a certain style. DPS clerics in this game have NOTHING that is not already used by a pure class. Well maybe if you are hellbent on wearing mail.

Therefore, there is really no reason to play a dps cleric. Also clerics will never dps as good or tank as good as a pure.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNasty View Post
    Get to healin boy
    QFT

/10char
    Last edited by Dethevn; 02-20-2011 at 02:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast