+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stealth broken still.....

Rift Disciple

Default stealth broken still.....

Come on... Its a few days untill the early start and stealth is still broken. Everyone under the top level in warfronts or 2-3 level differences anyplace in game is spotted from across the map. You might as well pick another class atm. There is no point in the assasin soul atm pre level 50 because of this. Its hard enough being a non ranged player in this borky combat system as it is.

Champion of Telara

Plenty of people are reporting it working fine as well..

How many points into said soul
    What stealth skills in question
    Exact scenario
    etc.

Having conflicting reports in 30 threads is not constructive.

Also need to remember, it is stealth, not invisibility. I haven't used it yet, but it appears they are using a D&D/NWN style stealth system, which means that likely direct line of sight, stealth levels, terrain height, etc. all affect stealth in drastic ways.

-edit

It's also likely that no major patches will be issued until after the open beta is over, so we'll all have to wait to see what we're going to be playing on the 24th
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 02-19-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

I have noticed this aswell.

Im an assassin with advanced stealth, in WF's yesterday i used "slip away" and was followed by someones pet, it kept following me even though according to the tooltip it is totaly undetectable for 3sec.

It kept following me untill i was so far out of range of its master that it returned, luckily for me the other team didnt notice or it would have been curtains me meh :/

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    I have noticed this aswell.

Im an assassin with advanced stealth, in WF's yesterday i used "slip away" and was followed by someones pet, it kept following me even though according to the tooltip it is totaly undetectable for 3sec.

It kept following me untill i was so far out of range of its master that it returned, luckily for me the other team didnt notice or it would have been curtains me meh :/
    Pets do see stealth.

I find sometimes I can run around with stealth and not have a problem. But every now and then some guy starts shooting me from range and I'm left thinking "How".

I guess 95% of the time I don't have problems.

When I'm in stealth and have my enchantments from the sourcestone runes on people seem to be able to see those glows
    Judging from ppl on same faction though, needs confirming.

Rift Disciple

There are abilities to see through stealth, and pets that do the same.

All of this non-specific anecdotal evidence is useless.

Telaran

Hello i'm a level 12 assasin in Black Garden, I'm in stealth standing in your line of sight you stinking level 18. What? You can see me? SHES A WITCH! BUFF ROUGES!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    When I'm in stealth and have my enchantments from the sourcestone runes on people seem to be able to see those glows
    Judging from ppl on same faction though, needs confirming.
    i'm pretty sure that's true, but that you can only see the glow at the place the player entered stealth. it just hovers there afaik.

which is still good enough for you to lay down some aoe and warn their teammates, ofc.

is there a player level factor in detecting stealth in pvp? i get the impression there is, but that's only from duelling a player 3 levels higher who was just straight targeting me.
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-20-2011 at 06:01 AM.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Soulwalker

There's a good chance you were up against a group with a BM considering they get a skill that their pet increases the groups level of stealth detection. With it on I can see most stealth players of considerably lower level from a long distance but if they are of ruffly same level as me then is fairly close quarters combat distance.

side note not sure what other classes have a form of stealth detection and forgot to mention that if iI forget to click the buff usually can't see jack
    Last edited by Galran; 02-20-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Still popping out of stealth for no reason, especially in warfronts... fix needed please!
    Bajdovan - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread