+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you want to DPS any reason to roll mage/cleric?

General of Telara

Default If you want to DPS any reason to roll mage/cleric?

If you want to be a DPS is there any reason right now to play anything other than a rogue or warrior? DoTs are a joke, as is mage damage, and so is melee cleric damage. Level 42 melee clerics hit as hard as a warrior in his 20s. Is all of this going to magically be fixed come time for headstart or do we have to wait for the first major set of patches? I have been playing MMOs since 1998 and have played casters as my main in all of them.. I just dont see any point in playing a ranged DPS that wears cloth at this moment.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 02-19-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

Well, we have yet to see raids. For all we know, they could be very unforgiving to melee characters in general.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
    Well, we have yet to see raids. For all we know, they could be very unforgiving to melee characters in general.
    so from 43-50 melee clerics and mages magically become super OP killing machines?

Mage damage seems fine, but mage survivability appears to be lacking. I don't fully understand some of the more recent changes, but I understand that they're based on alpha feedback from people who are at 50, which is arguably what the game should be balanced for. It's hard for me to form a proper opinion without having played a level 50 character. Low level balance is desirable, but end game balance probably has priority. The game hasn't even been released yet.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    Mage damage seems fine, but mage survivability appears to be lacking. I don't fully understand some of the more recent changes, but I understand that they're based on alpha feedback from people who are at 50, which is arguably what the game should be balanced for. It's hard for me to form a proper opinion without having played a level 50 character. Low level balance is desirable, but end game balance probably has priority. The game hasn't even been released yet.
    This, this and more of this.
    Any posts of any kind about balance should have the above message automatically sent.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfect View Post
    This, this and more of this.
    Any posts of any kind about balance should have the above message automatically sent.
    Considering some of the changes were made that went against alpha suggestions and went in line with beta complaints, i would have to disagree.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Considering some of the changes were made that went against alpha suggestions and went in line with beta complaints, i would have to disagree.
    Can you prove this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post

You sir, are going in my signature.

+ Reply to Thread