+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Paper Scissors

Rift Disciple

Default Rock Paper Scissors

This is what mmo classes are all about, each class has strengths and weaknesses.

Overall the general way of life for classes is:
    Mage > Warrior
    Rogue > Mage
    Warrior > Rogue
    Clerics are jack of all trades for the most part
    Of course in the end it all comes down to skill but overall thats the way it should be.

The way it is now:
    Warriors>Mage
    Warriors>Rogues
    Rogues>Mage
    And clerics lose to everything unless they spec mainly as a healer, then its a stalemate.

I'm sorry that this is another qq pvp balancing thread but i just wanted to throw it out there.
    I am seriously hoping that at end game all the classes are balanced out the way they should be.
    Although im a bit worried because NDA lasts until release.

Shield of Telara

Your view completely omits the soul system.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    Your view completely omits the soul system.
    This.

Do you think they should change for example the void knight to be anti-rogue now to fit your narrow-minded view?

Soulwalker

thats a very simplistic way to look at things. the souls make things much more complicated. also, experiances in other MMOS have no bearing on experiances in Rift.

As a general overview, hes got it right though, it is unfortunately a tad unbalanced in some classes favour.

XiL

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    As a general overview, hes got it right though, it is unfortunately a tad unbalanced in some classes favour.
    No he has nothing right. There are no classes. And even the "overpowered" and obviously broken VK is broken in part by the "PAIRING" used. Not just a single soul.

The OP is 100% wrong and this information is 100% cancer.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    No he has nothing right. There are no classes. And even the "overpowered" and obviously broken VK is broken in part by the "PAIRING" used. Not just a single soul.

The OP is 100% wrong and this information is 100% cancer.
    i do believe is used the word "overall" quite a bit in my post
    i understand there are exceptions to the rule due to peoples specs and what not
    however there is still the huge difference between the classes, mainly being armor and health

In general:
    Warriors get the most health and armor and thus should not be also doing the most damage
    rogues are mainly dexterity focused and thus are better at mobility/burst etc
    mages are supposed to have the largest hitting spells but because of that they have the lowest armor and health compared to all the other classes
    clerics in general are made for better survivability and utility and what not

It does not matter that there are different specs to choose from, the general archetype should be the same.
    Choosing different specs should only offer different play styles and lean towards a different type of build.
    However that underlying archetype still remains, even though there are some exeptions due to soul variety.

Void Knights > Everything

Void KNight is a bomb, forget the rock paper and scissors when you can blow them all at once with the only other counter is another void knight.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

I choose pen missile

+ Reply to Thread