+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage or Warrior? BLAH!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Mage or Warrior? BLAH!

Well, I was dead set on playing a mage at launch. But, after realizing there seemed to be a shortage of tanks around, I decided to start a warrior. Just to give 'er a try. Well... I loved it. Riftblade is the greatest piece of melee I've ever played in my life. Now, I'm in a pickle...

Do I roll a mage at head start?
    OR
    Do I roll a warrior at head start?

You're job? Convince me to go one way or the other

XiL

You're clearly a cleric.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

agreed with Xil.....Cleric ftw

General of Telara

riftblade and pew pew.

Shadowlander

Oh the choices...

slam your face against the keyboard a lot? go for a warrior

don't like slamming your face as much? a mage I suppose

joking aside, warrior if you like to mele, mage if you like to ranged, pretty simple :/

There is currently no reason to play a Mage over anything else in this game. Trion didn't think them through properly before release, so they're working on making them better. But as of right now ... it's a broken calling (compared to others).

Go with a Warrior, because there's absolutely no reason to roll a Rogue either when you can have on par / better DPS with plate.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
    There is currently no reason to play a Mage over anything else in this game. Trion didn't think them through properly before release, so they're working on making them better. But as of right now ... it's a broken calling (compared to others).

Go with a Warrior, because there's absolutely no reason to roll a Rogue either when you can have on par / better DPS with plate.
    have you actually played the beta in the level 40 bracket?

rogues are the only OP class at the moment, and only because marksman is not balanced at this level. Mages dps increases and surviability decreases. I actually think warriors are usless at this current level if you have 2 healers in a warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuros View Post
    have you actually played the beta in the level 40 bracket?

rogues are the only OP class at the moment, and only because marksman is not balanced at this level. Mages dps increases and surviability decreases. I actually think warriors are usless at this current level if you have 2 healers in a warfront.

from what i've seen and heard that in the 40+ pvp groups, mages are getting 2-3 shotted with full HP gear, and if they go any sort of big DPS class they get slaughtered, and their damage just doesn't justify this.

Mages shouldn't be a class that relies on crits, they should have strong standard spells that hit hard, and an occasional(5-15% maybe) that just crushes someone. As of now, Mages are purely a support class in pvp.
    TWINKS
    Level 50 Mage

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstlye View Post
    from what i've seen and heard that in the 40+ pvp groups, mages are getting 2-3 shotted with full HP gear, and if they go any sort of big DPS class they get slaughtered, and their damage just doesn't justify this.

Mages shouldn't be a class that relies on crits, they should have strong standard spells that hit hard, and an occasional(5-15% maybe) that just crushes someone. As of now, Mages are purely a support class in pvp.
    thats kinda what I said, I actually do get 3 shotted by rogues, even the bad ones, which is fine by me because if they leave me at the back, they die anyway. It's how it should be, people should just accept dying. My friend who is a 42 rogue only has to use strafe to beat me in a duel, nuff said.

Neuros ever dueled a Void Knight Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post

My elitist radar is going off..
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlumad View Post
    My Truth radar is going off..
    fixed

/10char

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jyyn View Post
    Neuros ever dueled a Void Knight Warrior?
    Not dueled one, just killing them in pvp. they cant get close because of my CC, hense they dont drain my mana. Unless they all just suck and cant play. Beta is Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    You're clearly a cleric.
    This.

Inquisitor+Cabalist for Ranged caster DPS.
    Justicar for tank.

+ Reply to Thread