+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: [Movie] Twinkle or Die Open Beta Mage PvP

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Hardstlye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default [Movie] Twinkle or Die Open Beta Mage PvP

    TWINKS
    Level 50 Mage

  2. #2
    Drl
    Drl is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Not bad. Editing could have been better and I didnt enjoy the parts where you had berserking.

    I did enjoy the world pvp and the 1 v 1 fights, its too bad the opponents weren't more challenging.

    Still fun to watch though, good job.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Flaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Pretty boring and rather bad to be honest. Most warfront clips were with the damagebooster and the people you fought 1v1 seemed braindead at best.

    You dont kite melees at all, anyone half decent would wreck you. Also after watching about 5 minutes of that clip the only person I saw you disarm was a necro...
    WAR: FLAMING RR79 BW | Stop Hammertime RR63 IB
    Aion: Flaming 50 Sorc | Yowza 50 Assassin/50 Gladiator


    Flamu <Happy Hour> - Prestige Rank 6 - Whitefall PvP

  4. #4
    Telaran Silenciaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Thanks for posting your 2nd video. Once again well done, it was more "comprehensive" than your previous video and showed quite abit of offensive gameplay. The highlight would have been the AoE Massacre with the red buff at the fang. Totally brutal. I would request for more AoE footage, since i believe thats where mages really shine.
    Role 1) Solo General PvE/Open-PvP Melee Build | 21 Bladedancer 22 Assassin 23 Riftstalker
    Role 2) Instance Tank Build | 7 Bard 51 Riftstalker 8 Ranger
    Role 3) Commando PvP Survivability Build | 32 Riftstalker 34 Bard 0 Infiltrator
    Role 4) Trap&Stun PvP AoE Build | 7 Assassin 32 Saboteur 21 Infiltrator

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Hardstlye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming View Post
    Pretty boring and rather bad to be honest. Most warfront clips were with the damagebooster and the people you fought 1v1 seemed braindead at best.

    You dont kite melees at all, anyone half decent would wreck you. Also after watching about 5 minutes of that clip the only person I saw you disarm was a necro...

    Well i guess if it was pretty boring and rather bad, it's at least 2x better than the movie you released. :P Thanks for the candid response, i agree 4 clips with DD in an 8 movie is too many, i will work on it. Not sure about the kiting comment... im pretty sure i kept distance 90% of the time. Look again, pretty obvious i disarmed a rogue or two, although the skill is useless as ive been crit for over 1,000 against "disarmed" players. Fact is our class is a joke, and they aint going to fix it. The devs are focused on pve not pvp. We own mobs.
    TWINKS
    Level 50 Mage

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Faolon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    I keep watching these videos people link on the forums and they make me more and more depressed about the players in the game.
    Half the people you attack have no clue they're being attacked for at least 4 seconds before reacting. It's like watching a linebacker bowl through a line of kids as they come off the short bus.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Amrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    247

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    I keep watching these videos people link on the forums and they make me more and more depressed about the players in the game.
    Half the people you attack have no clue they're being attacked for at least 4 seconds before reacting. It's like watching a linebacker bowl through a line of kids as they come off the short bus.
    Well, keep in mind which game most of those players are coming from, and suddenly it makes a lot more sense. lol

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Well, if you want mages to suck less you should probably include footage of sabos targeting you.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 02-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Hardstlye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    I keep watching these videos people link on the forums and they make me more and more depressed about the players in the game.
    Half the people you attack have no clue they're being attacked for at least 4 seconds before reacting. It's like watching a linebacker bowl through a line of kids as they come off the short bus.
    you know... they aren't ******ed... They are rooted and can't do anything...I almost start every fight with it.
    TWINKS
    Level 50 Mage

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Wkote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Need more Internalize Charge! Watching that movie and never see you spend charge even once made my face twitch. And when you start a fight with Transmogrify why not use Countdown?

    It was a fun watch none the less, keep 'em coming!

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Hardstlye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wkote View Post
    Need more Internalize Charge! Watching that movie and never see you spend charge even once made my face twitch. And when you start a fight with Transmogrify why not use Countdown?

    It was a fun watch none the less, keep 'em coming!
    You're right i should use charge more, but since the nerf the 20% just doesn't seem worth a GCD, especially in how fast we die. countdown takes way to long to go off, and the damage is crap, i usually save it when im kiting, so i can cast on the run.
    TWINKS
    Level 50 Mage

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Wkote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstlye View Post
    You're right i should use charge more, but since the nerf the 20% just doesn't seem worth a GCD, especially in how fast we die. countdown takes way to long to go off, and the damage is crap, i usually save it when im kiting, so i can cast on the run.
    Internalize Charge is off the GCD is it not?

    And if memory serves me right Countdown does more damage than a Fireball, which makes it worth the GCD. You can call it a instant-delayed-slightly-more-powerful-fireball.

    Food for thought!

  13. #13
    Champion Mivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    "This video contains content from Kontor Records, UMG and EMI. It is not available in your country."

    I guess only, or mostly, Americans can view it.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Hardstlye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    "This video contains content from Kontor Records, UMG and EMI. It is not available in your country."

    I guess only, or mostly, Americans can view it.

    Everyone but Germans!
    TWINKS
    Level 50 Mage

  15. #15
    Telaran Celeritylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Too much s keying!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts