+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What class is more like a Shadow Priest?

Shadowlander

Default What class is more like a Shadow Priest?

I hate to bring those two words into these forums. I've always loved a Shadow Priest though and right now I have a Cabalist/Inquisitor/Warden.

My main points are in Cabalist but I'm not really having fun with it. Do I need to put more points into Inquisitor?

Thank you

Shadowlander

yes

/10char

Shadowlander

Warlock (mage) is worth a look

Shadowlander

I was thinking about making a Mage and made a Chloromancer but it wasn't my cup of tea. The Warlock skills do not look very appealing.

Cabalist is very close because the vast majority of the Damage is channeled spells and Debuffs..splash in some Inquisitor for even more spell damage.Be wary though people catch on real quick and will engage you in melee to break your Channels..best bet is to use a Melee Cleric as your 0 point Role like Shaman or Druid so you can bust out some "hammer time" if they get in melee.

Mage wise Id have to say Warlock with a dash of Necromancer or Chloromancer.

Just play around with your builds and see what you like..Open Beta is a great opportunity to do just that.

My Rogue is 39th level and Im still trying to figure out my favorite Specs for PvE,PvP and Soloing.So far Im almost sold on Marksman/Bard for PvP good support,aoe heals and dang good Ranged Dmg especially if there are large Groups.Gotta love Lightning Fury+Crossfire+Fan Out.

PvE Instancing I use an Assassin/Nightblade/Bladedancer build or Riftstalker for tanking.

Soloing its a toss up between Marksman/Ranger and Bladedancer/Nightblade.

:Vysceral-High Elf Rogue:
    :Ammwyn(Amwynn)-Mathosian Warrior:

Rift Disciple

Cabalist is an unfinished soul, like purifier. It has specific functions (like burst) but it sucks the rest of the time. Inquisitor is the more polished cleric caster soul. Also picking cabalist means u give up a lot of survivability that you can get out of other cleric souls - cabalist is the squishiest soul of the lot.

Inquisitor is definitely the most like a shadow priest. You get self-healing through Vex, an AoE fear, an offensive dispel... sound familiar?

Shadowlander

I tired Iniquisitor/Cabalist/Purifier which felt pretty similar in terms of abilities. Get a self-shield, AOE fear, mind flay etc.
    I played a shadow priest in vanilla WoW but unfortunately I don't think the rift cleric is anywhere near as powerful.Maybe it will be different at endgame but at level 30 it's nowhere close to the dps and survivability of a shadow priest. It's a shame since i really like playing the class that destroys people in 1v1 pvp and still heal in instances.

Shadowlander

I just picked up Druid and have been thinking about replacing Cabalist with my Druid soul.

Any ideas?

Telaran

Depends what part of the shadow priest you are wanting to feel like. Assuming you're meaning the shadow priest of "the game not to be named" Inquisitor with Justicar's Reparation will give you the mainly Dps'ing to lightly support heal feel, uses a few dots, Purifier will get you the personal shield.

You wont be channeling but casting for your main filler.

Might be that it is not all that "Shadowy", a fair amount of life damage along with the death.
    Last edited by Tamm; 02-19-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Had to make it clear on the dps to heal

Shadowlander

I just feel so dirty casting with a shield on. But the 5 second root in cabalist seems like it would he worth getting.

General of Telara

Nothing is even close to a Spriest. Shadow priest had insane DoTs. I remember a decked out level 80 killing my fresh level 80 with just 2 of them and nothing else. DoTs in this game are a joke. They are laughable and not meant to be for anything other than having someone laugh at you for being dumb enough to use them. Unless they increase DoT damage like 5x before live just bolt spam its a better use of your mana.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 02-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Nothing is even close to a Spriest. Shadow priest had insane DoTs. I remember a decked out level 80 killing my fresh level 80 with just 2 of them and nothing else. DoTs in this game are a joke. They are laughable and not meant to be for anything other than having someone laugh at you for being dumb enough to use them. Unless they increase DoT damage like 5x before live just bolt spam its a better use of your mana.
    Hahaha. I put three dots on then just spam bolt.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hyphnx View Post
    Hahaha. I put three dots on then just spam bolt.

Just to see how much of a joke DoTs were i was on my level 22 necro/warlock. I put 3 rank 5 DoTs on a level 9 spider(non elite). They ticked their entire durations before the mob died. How is that even acceptable? 1 DoT should outright kill something less than half your level not all 3 of my DoTs.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Just to see how much of a joke DoTs were i was on my level 22 necro/warlock. I put 3 rank 5 DoTs on a level 9 spider(non elite). They ticked their entire durations before the mob died. How is that even acceptable? 1 DoT should outright kill something less than half your level not all 3 of my DoTs.
    That bolt that deals tons of damage and has a three second cast.. I specced so it does damage over time and it says for 15 seconds but it only stays on for 3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast