+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flamespear > Range Classes

Rift Master

Default Flamespear > Range Classes

Got to test Warrior, Champion/Riftblade. Got Flamespear (ranged attack) and went into Warfront, could not believe that no one stands a chance, healers get ***** and whats funny Rogues MM/Ranger who are ranged attackers get ***** by a 2hander warrior spaming Flamespear!

I don't get it, what am I missing?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Got to test Warrior, Champion/Riftblade. Got Flamespear (ranged attack) and went into Warfront, could not believe that no one stands a chance, healers get ***** and whats funny Rogues MM/Ranger who are ranged attackers get ***** by a 2hander warrior spaming Flamespear!

It's called imbalanced.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

This is why I switched from my 32 MM / ranger to try out a warrior. a lvl 30 war spamming flamespear + with thier snare and bull rush, Armor and HP. Totally dominated always. even when the warrior got close to Melee me, all he did was use flamespear.

Flamespear > rogue ranged users

Dont worry, in the next patch warriors get totally nerfed

From the next patch notes:

* Flamespear: No longer has a damage over time component and had its damage values updated.

So no more flamespear spamming riftblades, now you actually have to use other skillz in your rotation to dish out good dps.

Rift Master

Only, damage altered could mean direct damage altered upwards to make up for the DoT. Along iwth the fact that freeze armour literally ****s any melee, cast that and walk backwards spamming off your forks and you still win without trying.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Only, damage altered could mean direct damage altered upwards to make up for the DoT. Along iwth the fact that freeze armour literally ****s any melee, cast that and walk backwards spamming off your forks and you still win without trying.
    If they increased the damage it would say:

* Flamespear: No longer has a damage over time component and had its damage updated acordingly.

But is says:

* Flamespear: No longer has a damage over time component and had its damage values updated.

Im pretty sure the dmg also got a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    If they increased the damage it would say:

* Flamespear: No longer has a damage over time component and had its damage updated acordingly.

But is says:

Im pretty sure the dmg also got a nerf
    Nah I agree with cyber, the wording on that is still fairly ambiguous as to whether they are compensating for the removal of the dot OR rather a flat nerf to its overall damage. If they are just removing the dot component while buffing the frontload damage then we will still have the exact same problem, i.e. riftblades spamming flamespear....One can only hope that its simply a nerf overall, and not a minor adjustment.
    Last edited by Preyzz; 02-19-2011 at 04:09 AM.
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Shadowlander

Default QQ won

No thats def a nerf since cry babies that don't really know how to play the class won another battle. The fact that with a decent weapon searing strike will come out ahead skipped everyones atention (aka omg I'm leveling and a I can't kite/snare a warrior) and that people still haven't really been too organized about how to focus/kite/dispell.

Telaran

Riftblade is so easy to do insane damage with, much more than mages, so it's pretty much to be expected.

I did so insane damage by using 2-3 abilities, compared to my inquisitor where I have to use about 7-8 just to do damage and then it's way below my lolblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune100 View Post
    Riftblade is so easy to do insane damage with, much more than mages, so it's pretty much to be expected.

I did so insane damage by using 2-3 abilities, compared to my inquisitor where I have to use about 7-8 just to do damage and then it's way below my lolblade.
    Inq? 7-8 abilitys?!
    Apply dots - spam bolt of justice - whait for proc - drop depravity.
    At lv 31 add circle of oblivion as a channel.
    Nothing new and boring - 4 ability caster class.
    Where are other 4 you used may i ask?
    Of cource i can make a suggestion you used snare-excommunication and buff-nerf of death damage.
    But if you use RB as spam-spear class - don`t think so.
    Last edited by Xellos; 02-19-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    Viva la inquisition!
    Betta etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
    Inq? 7-8 abilitys?!
    Of cource i can make a suggestion you used snare-excommunication and buff-nerf of death damage.
    ummm
    3 dots + 2 bolts is already FIVE... where are you getting 4??

my inq i use 4 dots, 2 bolts, 3 channeled dots 2 debuffs... and thats just on each target

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
    Inq? 7-8 abilitys?!
    I might actually have made an understatement before. I think it's closer to 9 or 10 for maximum DPS potentiel. I am not including things like knockback, slows, etc

General of Telara

Every game has a 1 button spammer class. But only bads will use only 1 button and they will be beaten easily.

where you seeing these notes?
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Enerzeal View Post
    where you seeing these notes?

http://leakerz.net/wp/2011/02/18/rif...-alpha-27-8-a/

+ Reply to Thread