+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Riftblades

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by theranknight View Post
    Nice try, Im a bard... your still a drama pusher.
    And I play a Cleric. Nice you meet you

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurfer View Post
    Flame spear is pretty cool. It makes the RB what the RB is. It's funny that people aren't complaining about Rift Surge - I probably get most of my kills with it. Nothing makes me smile more than watching a mage unintentionally commit suicide.
    Shh...! let the nerfcallers focus on flamespear

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arknath View Post
    shrug Marksmen and Saboteurs do far more dps than riftblades.... sadly trion listens too much to crybabies :/
    MM are getting "nerfed" with a crowbar. Tissue?

Plane Touched

riftblades does a lot more dps than saboteurs and marksman, I got a 42 rogue and a 42 warrior with similar gear from KB and RD instances in the last beta and tbh the flame spear is OP, 550-600 with criticals plus the dot(100+) and elemental touch(85+) and the bursts don't even have a GCD, so using a finisher you get a combo point at same time lol.
    And this dmg will increase even more with the 51pt skill (50% more burst dmg).
    But we still need to see at lvl 50, riftblades stop to scale because weapons don't increase the elemental dmg and you can't buy new skill ranks, so only gear with critical can increase the dps.

Shadowlander

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    riftblades does a lot more dps than saboteurs and marksman, I got a 42 rogue and a 42 warrior with similar gear from KB and RD instances in the last beta and tbh the flame spear is OP, 550-600 with criticals plus the dot(100+) and elemental touch(85+) and the bursts don't even have a GCD, so using a finisher you get a combo point at same time lol.
    And this dmg will increase even more with the 51pt skill (50% more burst dmg).
    But we still need to see at lvl 50, riftblades stop to scale because weapons don't increase the elemental dmg and you can't buy new skill ranks, so only gear with critical can increase the dps.
    First off rogues have a 1sec gcd vs warriors 1.5sec which means their dmg better be higer and secondly riftblade burst might be off the gcd but ur lacking to understand that without insane amounts of crit power is an issue unlike rogues. And if u spammed flame spear U either had a crappy weapon or u scrwed over ur own dps.
    Also the 51 pt is BURST damage so it won't touch what ur calling op aka flame spear and taking that you loose 20points in another tree (not saying thats bad since I haven't done testing) meaning the damage jump isn't as huge as ur making it up to be.

Soulwalker

I don't care that they are able to be ranged, but right now their dps is out of hand.
    There was a riftblade in my group who was stacking spell power, even though I'm pretty sure riftblade attacks aren't affected by spell power, and he was doing 300+ dps.

It's just silly when terribads can dish out more dps then someone who knows what they're doing.

Edit: I wasn't dpsing at the time we had him, and haven't dpsed before hand to know how well I dps, so I'm not one of the people I'm saying "Knew what they were doing".
    Last edited by mysteriono; 02-24-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    Totally agree, a warrior shouldnt be ranged. but thankfully it gets nerfed in the next patch big time.

From the next patch notes:

* Flamespear: No longer has a damage over time component and had its damage values updated.

Why should a warrior not be ranged??? Because you say so???

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    You all realize that the Riftblade will not be as powerful at 50 as it is at the lower levels. This holds true for the Saboteur.
    The Pyromancer will be stronger at 50 then a Rift or Saboteur. yes weaker armor, but when a Pyro will be doing 2500 damage fireballs and a rift is doing 500-600 Flamespears and the Sabo will be doing their 1700 yet being cleansed or stunned, people will be complaining that the Pyromancer should get nerfed .
    hmm use void in the rift spec and your a pryo killer..just saying..void tanks are the mage cleric killers and nerfing posts has plaqued every mmo and will always..just hope trion doenst take take a hachet to a class when only a scapel is needed..over tweeking has ruined so many games.
    Last edited by stormz; 02-24-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Specialy in PvP, most players its hard for them to keep up with a ranged class that moves around.

Having a Soul dedicated just for that its awesome.

I think other Warrior souls deal way more damage than rift blades, but in pvp, where people move all the time, and its hard to close the gap, the Rift blades are one of the few Warrior classes that can keep DPS.

Personaly i love Rift Blades, on lunch i will not use it because i want to Mix things up. but in one of my 4 Roles there will be a Riftblade!
    Let the Games Begin!
    http://www.xoohq.com/

Riftblade has been adjusted down. They still do good dps/burst but nowhere near what they had done in the past.

That being said, I will still be rolling a Riftblade for other reasons that were not touched.

Default question

I don't know if this has been asked. I've been wondering does elemental damage abilities of Riftblade power up with str or int/wis?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shyish View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked. I've been wondering does elemental damage abilities of Riftblade power up with str or int/wis?
    strength, since it relies on AP contribution. Weapon damage doesn't do much for them though.

Default ty

thaaaank you

Shadowlander

Riftblade has now been adjusted. It's still good - just not godly omgwtfbbq. I really didn't start to deal much damage until level 16iss - but saboteurs and various other classes (mostly sabs) can do more dps (probably the way it should be since they're squishier).
    Last edited by PapaSmurfer; 02-25-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Telaran

Im playing a Riftblade. Any semi competent players that know how to focus fire can drop me in a few seconds.

Playing a Warrior in Warfronts is a joke atm. Too many ranged, not enough Healers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast